• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '11 Online Dynasty Thread: Ball & Juice edition

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
September 7th, 2010. 4:41 PM EST

DenogginizerOS said:
This is why injuries should be turned off. I know we are a sim league, but the injury levels are insane right now and really take away from the fun

And then one post later…..

Rorschach said:
I'm against injuries being off even though my running backs are made of glass.

No conspiracy here. Rors set up the league. Blame him.

DenogginizerOS

What would Nick Buoniconti do?

buonoconti.jpg

LukeSmith

DCX said:
Nah some people are hurt for 11 weeks, not fair to them.

DCX

Eh, I've got a guy out for 11 weeks, I'd rather keep my W, turn injuries off and make due against the prospect of future 11 week long injuries to dudes on my team

But, we shouldn't turn them off in the middle of the week. Everyone gets to feel the rush. Speaking of which, we're advancing Sunday right?

DenogginizerOS

LukeSmith said:
Eh, I've got a guy out for 11 weeks, I'd rather keep my W, turn injuries off and make due against the prospect of future 11 week long injuries to dudes on my team

But, we shouldn't turn them off in the middle of the week. Everyone gets to feel the rush. Speaking of which, we're advancing Sunday right?
I am starting my entire second string this week.

LukeSmith said:

no. we don't even have everyone signed in yet. as always, the first week of the first season is going to be longer. i'm hoping we can advance by next saturday!

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
yeah no way i am putting derek anderson at risk with these bullshit injuries on
I have Mark Brunell praying for Mark Sanchez. You should call Kurt and see if he can get his pray on for you.

LukeSmith

Livewire, are you going to bring back odds this season? Dooo it. You should do a bunch of miscellaneous bits like:
First ragequit
First SuperBowl winner
Number of games played until LJ joins the league
Number of times per year Bob is the Bob Game of the Week
INTs thrown by Bradford (30+?)
Seasons until Joseph Addai is in the free agent pool

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
no. we don't even have everyone signed in yet. as always, the first week of the first season is going to be longer. i'm hoping we can advance by next saturday!
Fail.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG GCQ.

Many of us said it from the beginning about injuries, I don't know where the disconnect was. I took Eli, Bradshaw, Jacobs, Smith, and Nicks out ASAP. I was willing to restart once I saw Beason get hurt thankfully it wasn't serious. Q did end up losing Charles Johnson for 6 weeks.

Feel bad for Ram. :lol

Anyone got the link to the league website?

DenogginizerOS

AstroLad said:
bahahah next saturday. make the deadline wednesday. anything less . . . would be uncivilized
Have you seen the College Football lineup for today? First full day on NFL Sunday tomorrow. I say we party up on Live and chat while watching some NFL tomorrow

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
bahahah next saturday. make the deadline wednesday. anything less . . . would be uncivilized

A deadline to sign up for the league would be nice. Have the alternates been contacted? If they have I am going to start trolling anime/jrpg threads to try and get someone I can demolish to sign up with the Bills.

LukeSmith

eznark said:
A deadline to sign up for the league would be nice. Have the alternates been contacted? If they have I am going to start trolling anime/jrpg threads to try and get someone I can demolish to sign up with the Bills.

LJ will be back, I can feel it.

:lol

i've been successful in having LJ stay in leagues before but this year it really seemed like he had no interest in playing. i would love to have him in the league but i'm not going to push it and he seems to really enjoy NCAA more. so what can i do? :(

i have messages out to all the backups, so we'll see!

DenogginizerOS

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

i've been successful in having LJ stay in leagues before but this year it really seemed like he had no interest in playing. i would love to have him in the league but i'm not going to push it and he seems to really enjoy NCAA more. so what can i do? :(

i have messages out to all the backups, so we'll see!
You, Luke, and I need to get on a plane and just talk to him.

6. Livewire - Rams
11. MrBob - Bears
12. Crow - Broncos
24. Bluemax - Seahawks*
25. Lonestar - Patriots
28. Sanjuro - Bengals
29. Peterboy - Ravens
31. Kave_man - Browns
32. Sanjuro's buddy? - Bills

those people are not signed in yet. bluemax may not be playing so i have put out some requests to a few guys. we'll see what happens. its the first week bros, once everyone is in there will be the usual strict deadline!

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
those people are not signed in yet. bluemax may not be playing so i have put out some requests to a few guys. we'll see what happens. its the first week bros, once everyone is in there will be the usual strict deadline!

Last person signed in loses a second rounder!

Ramirez

CB3 said:
I saw this coming with injuries. You guys never listen to me.

Turn em back off for week 2

No way, not fair that I lose my best def. player and then no one else would have to worry about it happening to them. :(

There were easily 8 injuries in our game, Polamalu just loss the coin toss on which of those were going to be serious. McFadden was out the whole first half as well, so lame.

dm brought up a good point. there are 4 injuries after 12 teams have played. i don't think that's an epidemic.

remember last year we had some pretty serious injuries. at least i did. gore missed one full season, and had moderate injuries in every other season. i mean if you ended up with your starting qb, wr, rb all out for the season then we have a problem. but injuries are part of the game. if the majority truly want injuries off at this point then ok, but there is some discussion to be had before that happens

Sanjuro

My friend just logged in.

XBL - "CRIP FOR LIFE"

AIM - "BigKryptic"

I think he is eznark's first opponent. I'm just explaining the rules and such to him now, he is unable currently to view the online forum.

Also, what is going on with the FA pool? He seems pretty confident with the Bills as is, but if he is able to get dibs on some guys I'll let him know.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm brought up a good point. there are 4 injuries after 12 teams have played. i don't think that's an epidemic.

remember last year we had some pretty serious injuries. at least i did. gore missed one full season, and had moderate injuries in every other season. i mean if you ended up with your starting qb, wr, rb all out for the season then we have a problem. but injuries are part of the game. if the majority truly want injuries off at this point then ok, but there is some discussion to be had before that happens

Bologna, if these were the only guys getting hurt, then ok, but when you're seeing 2-3 injury cut scenes every series there is a problem.

Top Bottom