• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a POTG as Tracer and it was just me killing a Genji

I kind of wish I didn't get it cause it took me an embarrassingly long time to get the kill

Shady859

I will admit before going to bed last night I bought 5 crates for shits and giggles after opening the couple I had earned and saved up. I remember all the talk of CoD crates being weighted for $ openers and wanted to test. Honestly got junk from them although 2 of the 5 had coin stacks in them which for me at least any coins are very rare so far at level 10. All my good skins came from leveling up. I won't be buying anymore since it's more fun to earn but I don't feel bad for throwing and extra $5 at them.

I'm still impressed at how polished this game feels, but there's a lot of little stuff I'd like to see improved or tweaked for quality of life's sake. Let me know if I'm just an idiot and missing something:

-I'm earnestly surprised that you can't save highlights yet. I guess I can Shadowplay the ones I really like, or something, but I shouldn't have to.

-As far as I can tell, there's no way to duck out to the hero menu to change skins/emotes and stuff between rounds unless you're actually matchmaking (e.g you can change stuff while waiting for a match, but not between actual matches) - it'd be nice to not have to leave completely if I feel like switching between skins.

-On a similar note, a random skin/random emote/random voice line option would be nice. I'd much rather cycle through unlocked voice lines than pick a specific one to hear over and over (except maybe "winky face"). Likewise with skins - especially as we all get further along and unlock more cool stuff, it'd be nice to be able to either 1. change at character select, like in League of Legends and other games or 2. just set it to cycle through unlocks at random per game or something.

-Some kind of daily or weekly challenge system to unlock a couple of loot chests would be nice, although I imagine at this point they're gating them only behind progression/dollars to keep people from getting everything they want too fast without paying. I imagine something like this will roll out after they've added more unlocks, if that's something they're planning to do.

-Something something tick rate

-Some more responses on that quick communication wheel would be nice. Maybe enemy callouts or some general "get on the point stupid" ones (heroes sometimes say this at random but it'd be nice to manually trigger) and maybe a general "good job/nice shot" attaboy.

I agree totally with those points.

There are a lot of little UI tweaks they need to make. I have confidence they will fix them.

vypek

Does anyone know what max level is?

And does anyone know if we still get loot boxes once we hit max level?

Wait so how do you get loot boxes of you reach max level? I assume you just have to buy them at that point?

I believe its reported to cycle. So after 100 is level 1. Like a prestige.

The best part is you don't have to wait around a corer, thanks to the on screen prompt that goes off when your trap is set off.

Yeah, thats true. I like that. I probably should have stood in there to contest the point but it was only one guy anyways.

Majine

Banned
Overwatch is the 2nd biggest game on Twitch after League right now. Will be interesting to see if it can keep up when the hype dies down.

-Some more responses on that quick communication wheel would be nice. Maybe enemy callouts or some general "get on the point stupid" ones (heroes sometimes say this at random but it'd be nice to manually trigger) and maybe a general "good job/nice shot" attaboy.
I'd like to see the top ones customisable. Then the others be general and context sensitive, depending on the hero or phase of the game mode.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
PAIN TRAIN about to leave the station!

Sign up below to squad up, we'll start our first game at 12:45ish EST (half an hour to get ready!)

Requirements:
1. Microphone
2. Postive attitude!

All skill levels accepted. Jerks not accepted regardless of skill. You don't have to be chatty but I am!

PSN:
1. crophonso

Klyka

Banned
There are like barely any worthwhile skins in this game and people complain they take too long to get .

Come on, just play the game guys.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hit Rank 17, been playing since servers up, with a few breaks for food

Saving my loot boxes for the hell of it, I'll pop them once I get 20-25 of them

So much fun
Game is addicting

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My level 2 loot case reward:
350px-Reinhardt_Skin_Stonehardt.jpg

Guess who I started playing as lol

you are a bad person

There are like barely any worthwhile skins in this game and people complain they take too long to get .

I agree.. after spending almost 2 years obessesing over collecting everything in Destiny (love the game still btw) its nice to come home, boot up and just play.

so so fun.

Ramirez

I played against my first legitimately great DVa last night and it was fucking infuriating, lol. Knocked me off the map in a POTG clip to add more salt to my wound.

LordofPwn

They don't seem too bad? They'll take a while and a bit of luck but at least they encourage players to play properly and try out all the characters.

there's an achievement/trophy for destroying 3 teleporters in one game. i rarely see symmetra picked, and when i've picked her i've only been able to place 2 in a match. if we can get these in custom matches then just need to get a boosting session for some of them but i won't worry about that until maybe i get to level 100? which will take awhile, but should be fun, and getting 50 unlocks for 1 character will also take some time

Haines

Banned
It will die down on twitch.

This is def more a play game, than a spectate one.

And I can see streamers going to other games or the next bug release for the viewers.

Haines

Banned

People just want instant gratification.

I like that getting a crate is exciting. I remember halo 5 having them so quick it felt like more a chore.

Regiruler

Why? Paid cosmetic items are entirely benign and allow the developer to make extra money, which allows them to support the game longer. I'd love to hear your logic on why you don't want to support them.
Paid maps/chars are yours once you buy them. One and done.

In a system like this there's a type of creeping disease that constantly encourages you to buy an infinite number (well, moreso a large number in OW's case) of crates, and it doesn't even guarantee you anything.

With cosmetics in particular, I can't bring myself to buy them, yet it destroys me to not have everything. It's a lose lose and I would rather avoid the situation altogether.

It feels like such a typical western status quo way of thinking, it drives me insane.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So many players get Salty with my Bastion, a couple of time the teams I played swapped to them to get revenge on me lol, then I swapped to Mei and just coldcocked all of 'em

At the moment my 3 nemisis are Tracer, Pharah, and Symetera
Everyone else FETs taken out, these 3 are annoying me to no end

For Mei only arch nemesis is Junkrat

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
PAIN TRAIN about to leave the station!

Sign up below to squad up, we'll start our first game at 12:45ish EST (half an hour to get ready!)

Requirements:
1. Microphone
2. Postive attitude!

All skill levels accepted. Jerks not accepted regardless of skill. You don't have to be chatty but I am!

PSN:
1. crophonso
2.dmaul1114

I'm in. Already have you on my friends list too.

Voror

Stupid question but does your level determine your luck with the crates at all? Just sort of curious if I should hold off on the ones I've earned so far or not.

Zomba13

I got a POTG as Tracer and it was just me killing a Genji

I kind of wish I didn't get it cause it took me an embarrassingly long time to get the kill

Lol, those POTGs are so embarassing. Like when you get the POTG as Widowmaker for killing like, one guy and you miss 90% of the shots. It's like the POTG is all "look at this asshole!". Earlier my friend got the POTG for one kill with McCree and he missed most of the shots and he was just laughing at it.

Klyka

Banned

In a system like this there's a type of creeping disease that constantly encourages you to buy an infinite number (well, moreso a large number in OW's case) of crates, and it doesn't even guarantee you anything.

With cosmetics in particular, I can't bring myself to buy them, yet it destroys me to not have everything. It's a lose lose and I would rather avoid the situation altogether.

It feels like such a typical western status quo way of thinking, it drives me insane.

This is one of the saddest posts I have read

I cannot fathom this mindset but thanks for explaining it at least.

Bsigg12

Or you know, we can split the user base with every map pack/character released that you have to pay for. I'll take cosmetic microtransactions every time if it means it retains the largest userbase possible.

Interfectum

Seems you are against this system due to your own lack of self control, not really the system itself.

Arcteryx

On the flip side: it gives you plenty of replay value to get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom