• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathy

Most people can't aim and with how frenetic this game is I can sympathise. Unless you're amazing please don't pick Widow. Hanzo can play a similar role much more easily.

Yup, would rather people pick hanzo on my team if they want to snip, takes less effort and does more than a widow does unless a person has skill, then it's reversed.

Most people can't aim and with how frenetic this game is I can sympathise. Unless you're amazing please don't pick Widow. Hanzo can play a similar role much more easily.

This is entirely counter to my experience, lol. Widow's much easier to work with, no bullet drop and an automatic fire option.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ur aiming instead of firing in their general direction and hoping for a hit

I cant tell if this is a joke or not anymore, or if you guys are actually saying thats how you should play hanzo.

Because im tempted to try. I wasnt hitting shit when I was trying to aim.

Is the POTG system completely borked at this point?

Hanzo and Genji players in my team always seem to be K/D whores and never do the objective so annoying i need to get a premade going, cause with these randoms im losing my sanity

newsguy

So I'm playing the PC version, but with a controller. I have had a few top finishes, but mostly as support or tank characters. When on attack I feel like I should've bought this game on consoles since I don't play with kb/m. I see my killcam and can tell that a person is aiming much quicker than I can with the joystick

Game really needs more healers. For a role that's pretty much essential you are locked to only 2 (Zen's healing isn't really as good as Mercy/Lucio) characters while everyone else in the game gets to choose from 19.

Blu(e)

Not sure. Here's my most recent POTG.
E0n6umH.gif
Doing the shit out of the objective.

Donthizz#

Another question, how does voice chat work on PS4, i.e. what do the different options mean especially On vs. Auot join. Is there a way to join chat on a case by case basis or just via the global options? How do I see who's in voice chat?

I think if go to options-social- groups, you can see who's in the chat.

Apharmd

Okay, this game is really fun until I consistently started partnering with people who don't push for the objective. How do I get into the PS4 GAF circle :(

KarmaCow

why why why do people keep picking widow when they are just god awful

holy shit, it's so infuriating that they won't change to something even remotely useful.

It does suck when one person can't pull their weight but It's literally day 3. Cut them a little slack. No one can improve without playing the character, learning how the map flow works for them. Shooting the bots in training mode does not compare to actual matches with people.

I'm trying to not get into the same rut I did with TF2 where my most played character was the Medic. Not because I enjoyed the class the most, but because no one else picks them most of the time.

I cant tell if this is a joke or not anymore, or if you guys are actually saying thats how you should play hanzo.

Because im tempted to try. I wasnt hitting shit when I was trying to aim.

It's not literally spam headshots since you need to predict their movements a bit but you do let the huge hitbox and serendipity do the work.

MUnited83

For you.
Time to end the free hero switching experiment, Blizzard.

I appreciate you trying but the net result is that it just makes the last 5 percent of every match arduous turret-n-shield slogs. It's not interesting, and it's not fun.

Make hero selection at match start have some stakes.

good lord no what a terrible idea

Game really needs more healers. For a role that's pretty much essential you are locked to only 2 (Zen's healing isn't really as good as Mercy/Lucio) characters while everyone else in the game gets to choose from 19.

It's not so much his healing but his debuff. Anyone with an Orb of Discord takes 50% more damage. Shit is great if you got a good team. As a healer, not so much. Only 30HP every second.

MUnited83

For you.

Hanzo and Genji players in my team always seem to be K/D whores and never do the objective so annoying i need to get a premade going, cause with these randoms im losing my sanity

Not completely, but it can be super weird. I had one where my POTG was me killing one guy, launching myself into my ultra and getting immediately killed. This in a match where I did 33 eliminations and managed to kill 5 people in quick sucession at least once.

Not completely, but it can be super weird. I had one where my POTG was me killing one guy, launching myself into my ultra and getting immediately killed. This in a match where I did 33 eliminations and managed to kill 5 people in quick sucession at least once.

So many times where im like i got POTG and then its like some mediocre random 2 kill by a Hanzo nothing to do with objectives or shutting down an ulti.

KarmaCow

So many times where im like i got POTG and then its like some mediocre random 2 kill by a Hanzo nothing to do with objectives or shutting down an ulti.

I was just in a game where the POTG was a Mercy healing a couple people who died anyway. The weirdest part is that it cut a few seconds before a triple revive.

Nah, there are healthpacks all over the maps in set locations. I wouldn't be opposed to future characters also being healers, but not for those reasons

MartyStu

Sort of unexpectedly, the only character I seem to be naturally good with is Genji.

I think I might get the hang of Hanzo and Zendaya with practice.

Really weird how this turned out. I was sure I would love Farah and Widowmaker.

KarmaCow

Nah, there are healthpacks all over the maps in set locations. I wouldn't be opposed to future characters also being healers, but not for those reasons

Staying up, pushing/defending the objective is significantly easier with a dedicated healer instead of retreating to the corners of the map for 50 health that five other people also need.

Ok, you should NOT be able to shoot through teammates.

Even ignoring people intentionally trolling, bodyblocking shots would be way worse.

Stiler

I know this is going to sound stupid to most people, I just bought the game and played for a few hours and coming in here to read some posts, what the heck does POTG stand for?

I have no idea how to use her at all, but i like the look of her weapon.
Any tips?

If there's any situations where you just know there's damage coming your way, shield up. If your teammate is going to be in a similar situation, shield them.

Otherwise, spam your cannonballs on them and when they're close, try to zap them with your laser.

Hooking a Zarya can be one of the biggest mistakes a Roadhog can make.

Try to save your ult for when the enemy is either clumped up or in an enclosed space.

PatjuhR

I feel like this game needs a spy or sabotaging class because sometimes the turret spam is unbearable. Especially on that Japanese map with the giant door.

The window on the top left side of the door when you are attacking is great for storming through with your teammates who are capable to do some damage and take down that Turret in the shrine.

I have no idea how to use her at all, but i like the look of her weapon.
Any tips?

When your shield takes damage, retreat to let it recover. Both your bubbles increase the charge of your gun. When uncharged, your gun does no damage. When fully charged, your gun WRECKS. Your bubbles are both very short duration though, so it's really easy to throw them up prematurely. When your ult is up and you have a high charge, make sure your guns is reloaded, drop it in the middle of the bad guys, and alt fire until they're all dead.

eek5

So I'm playing the PC version, but with a controller. I have had a few top finishes, but mostly as support or tank characters. When on attack I feel like I should've bought this game on consoles since I don't play with kb/m. I see my killcam and can tell that a person is aiming much quicker than I can with the joystick

Damn. Have you tried KB/M? I'm a controller player too but I just played 3 games with kb/m and I'm actually not bad at all... I think I'll still use controller when I support but I'm definitely better at KB/M than controller when it comes to aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom