• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

vypek

So if Overbuff doesn't show a rank, like the infinite symbol, does that simply mean i haven't played these characters enough to matter?

And why is my Symmetra shown with a world rank of #670 when my Junkrat shows 82%? Why the different ratings?

Yeah, you need to play more to get ranked if you see the symbol. If you hover the cursor above the symbol I believe it will say something to that effect.

I'm assuming different ratings are for when you get to a high enough percentage. As in, your percentile is so high that its better to rank you based on exact placement. IDK

Onemic

So if Overbuff doesn't show a rank, like the infinite symbol, does that simply mean i haven't played these characters enough to matter?

And why is my Symmetra shown with a world rank of #670 when my Junkrat shows 82%? Why the different ratings?
U46tSBu.png

Yes, if it shows an infinite sign you're below the minimum amount of games needed to be ranked.

If your world rank has a number instead of a percentile, it means that you're so good with your character that there's no need to show a percentile number anymore. To check the percentile, just mouse over the number. Im guessing if it showed a number instead of a percentile that you're probably in the 99th percentile tho.

Yeah, you need to play more to get ranked if you see the symbol. If you hover the cursor above the symbol I believe it will say something to that effect.

I'm assuming different ratings are for when you get to a high enough percentage. As in, your percentile is so high that its better to rank you based on exact placement. IDK
Correct on both counts. I think you get a # rating when you're in the 99th percentile and above. You have to play 30 games with a hero to be ranked with them, and more games played will boost your ranking somewhat; their FAQ says they're cautious about ranking you high if you've played relatively few games with a hero.

Also, all the rankings are global, across platforms and regions.

Is there any way to report players on consoles? Specifically players using the Symmetra turret glitch in Dorado inside of the 2nd bridge. I've been running into this way too many times now.

X-Frame

I feel pretty good about these stats:

Damn Kor, nice work. I want to be good with Pharah but I don't play her consistently enough.

And holy shit you are like Top 10% in so many characters. I'd be interested in your playstyle and tips for Pharah and Winston if you ever get around to posting some guides or videos. I always prefer getting tips from someone else on console if I can.

I love when I switch to Winston to counter their Genji, Widow, and Mercy and then the Widow spends the whole game shitting on me for playing Winston. The poor, glorious ape.

Is there any way to report players on consoles? Specifically players using the Symmetra turret glitch in Dorado inside of the 2nd bridge. I've been running into this way too many times now.

i wouldn't bother. it'll get patched out in the next update. unless they are giving these people penalty for using an exploit?

I love when I switch to Winston to counter their Genji, Widow, and Mercy and then the Widow spends the whole game shitting on me for playing Winston. The poor, glorious ape.

i do that too. if there's no tracer or reaper or symmetra i switch to him to take out the easy people.

Heel

Correct on both counts. I think you get a # rating when you're in the 99th percentile and above. You have to play 30 games with a hero to be ranked with them, and more games played will boost your ranking somewhat; their FAQ says they're cautious about ranking you high if you've played relatively few games with a hero.

Also, all the rankings are global, across platforms and regions.

Nah, I think it's once you reach the top 1000, and is per your platform. Example: I'm ranked 201st as Symmetra on PSN, but that's 98th percentile when I hover.

Nah, I think it's once you reach the top 1000, and is per your platform. Example: I'm ranked 201st as Symmetra on PSN, but that's 98th percentile when I hover.

I hate that my Symmetra isn't higher but almost every game I play someone calls dibs on her first and double Symmetra is usually pretty terrible.

we're close to OT4.

let's take at the current standing of posts

Code:
Antiwhippy 511
LiK	[INDENT][/INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]352
Dead Prince	318
mbpm1	246
Mobius and pet octopus	208
Rhaknar	202
R0ckman	198
eek5	178
Satch	176
orthodoxy1095	176

Here's something I'm interested in: How many heroes have you played more than an hour with? And how many have you played more than four hours with?

we're close to OT4.

Code:
Antiwhippy 511
Dead Prince	318
mbpm1	246
Rhaknar	202
R0ckman	198
eek5	178
Satch	176
orthodoxy1095	176

Should probably ban Whippy and Lik, just to be fair.

we're close to OT4.

Code:
Antiwhippy 511
Dead Prince	318
mbpm1	246
Rhaknar	202
R0ckman	198
eek5	178
Satch	176
orthodoxy1095	176
yay I'm not the loser on top anymore.
I wouldn't bother wasting Blizzard or Sony's time with that glitch. They're easy to get rid of anyways.

Here's something I'm interested in: How many heroes have you played more than an hour with? And how many have you played more than four hours with?

> 1 hour
D.va (1h)
Mercy (2h)

> 4 Hours
Zenyatta (6h)
Roadhog (9h)

> 10 hours
Junkrat (14h)
Pharah (16h)
Winston (17h)
Lucio (18h)
Mei (19h)

> 20 hours

every other hero not listed is less than 1 hour.

Should probably ban Whippy and Lik, just to be fair.

and me. i just complain. let someone else take top ;P

peakish

My list:
Mercy 6 hours
Pharah 6 hours
Lúcio 5 hours
Soldier: 76 5 hours
Roadhog 4 hours
Zarya 4 hours
---
Torbjörn 3 hours
Reinhardt 3 hours
Junkrat 3 hours
D.Va 2 hours
Zenyatta 1 hour

Feels right but I think I need to put in some time with Winston and Genji to have some more flexibility.

brau

+4hrs
Bastion 7hrs
Torb 4hrs
Lucio 4hrs

+1hrs
Mercy 3hrs
Gneji 2hrs
Reinh 2hrs
Widow 1hr

-1hr
Hanzo 49mins
Mei 48mins
Soldier 45mins
Winst 34mins
Junk 33mins
Phar 23mins
McCree 22mins
Symm 18mins
Dva 17mins
Zarya 9mins
Tracer 7mins
Hog 4mins
Reaper 4mins

DasFool

1+ hours
Soldier 76
Winston
D.Va
McCree
Widowmaker
Symmetra

4+ hours
Tracer
Hanzo
Lucio
Zarya
Zenyatta
Mercy
Torbjorn
Genji
Pharah

Healing and tanking in this game is a lot more fun than it should be. This is coming from someone who played 90% scout in TF2.

Rixxan

98% for Genji and Widow, my most played

90% for pharah, need to get better with her, although I tend to switch to her when we are getting stomped

Anyone else in the "never touched Mei or Reaper" gang?

Reaper I can understand because his job can be filled by quite a few others, but Mei is pretty unique in what she offers.

I love charging into the last capture zone and walling off a few enemies and turrets for us to capture the zone uncontested.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
1 hour+
Mei 2hrs
Mercy 2hrs
Junkrat 2hrs
Roadhog 1hrs
Torbjorn 1hrs
Hanzo 1hrs
Zarya 1hrs
McCree 1hrs
Widowmaker 1hrs
Genji 1hrs

4 hours+
Tracer 33 hrs
Soldier: 76 19 hrs
Pharah 16 hrs
Lucio 16 hrs
Reaper 7 hrs
D.va 5 hrs
Winston 5 hrs
Reinhardt 5 hrs
feels like i'm top 10% of most hours played. what's everyone's total hours so far lol.

Dragner

last 4 games, just 3 min less matches...seriously Blizzard Im starting to be sick of this. Stop counting this games, I dont mind if you dont count victories, but lets be serious 99% of this games are just unwinnable so I dont mind. But I will be forever on a penalty it seems...I wont carry other dudes loses.

eek5

last 4 games, just 3 min less matches...seriously Blizzard Im starting to be sick of this. Stop counting this games, I dont mind if you dont count victories, but lets be serious 99% of this games are just unwinnable so I dont mind. But I will be forever on a penalty it seems...I wont carry other dudes loses.

If you fill-in it isn't supposed to count it as a loss. It doesn't do it all the time either; it's a bug that it does it occasionally and that bug is already fixed on PTR and will be released in next patch.

-___-

Hint: you're the reason.

How does this overbuff site calculate the rank? Is it based on the score per min?

I was comparing some of the gaffers who are ranked compared to my own, while they all made sense (better everything, I thought GAF didn't play games), the one that stood out was a rank 213 Mei (shoutouts to
kor_of_memory
) vs my 370 Mei.. while the stats are very similar, the score/min was the biggest difference between us.

kRxy5uJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom