• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something I'm interested in: How many heroes have you played more than an hour with? And how many have you played more than four hours with?

Pharah - 24
Widowmaker - 6
Symmetra - 3
Hanzo - 3
D.Va - 3
Torbjorn - 2
Reaper - 2
Mercy - 2
Lucio - 1
Reinhardt - 1
Solder:76 - 1

Everything else is under 1

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel like the Overbuff percentiles are kind of useless without MMR to give context to the numbers. 1,000 damage against good players is better than 1,000 damage against bad ones.

The stats just kind of show your playstyle relative to other players. My death rankings are usually quite low but my objective times are quite a bit higher. So I push objectives more recklessly than my teammates.

eek5

I feel like the Overbuff percentiles are kind of useless without MMR to give context to the numbers. 1,000 damage against good players is better than 1,000 damage against bad ones.

The stats just kind of show your playstyle relative to other players. My death rankings are usually quite low but my objective times are quite a bit higher. So I push objectives more recklessly than my teammates.

As someone in the 5-15% percentile with some characters, I agree with this completely. =(

Nowhere near as bad as Nepal

Nepal? The King of the Hill Map?

Or do you mean Volskaya? The Russian Capture map?

I used to hate Volskaya, but the recent discovery of the initial left side sneak platform has made it much more enjoyable.

Anubis is pretty rough.

Hanamura, though? Its not that bad. It's A point is a little too choke pointy, but the B point is pretty solid.

Shit games, one after the other. Seems like my first night was a fluke or something.

Should I equalize the vertical and horizontal sensitivity or is that normal?

I just can't fathom how am I putting so much shots into people and meanwhile I could be playing Bastion or Junkrat and give absolutely zero fucks about being accurate.

Dragner

Are your teams losing in 3 minutes or are you being placed in the middle of matches where your team is already being steamrolled?

exactly. Usually several people left and Im on a 4-5 vs 6 until other 2 poor souls enter to enjoy the easy defeat. Not anymore, I leave like 5-6 of this games every day, so yeah Im on perma penalty, not that I care about xp.

hanamura B is really hard against even a semi competent team

your best chance is the initial rush after capping A

Really?

It has so many more approaches compared to Anubis though.

Anubis has like 3 points of entry, of which only 1 has "cover" to surprise your enemy with.

Hanamura has like 5 points of entry, 3 of which have cover.

Permanently A

Here's something I'm interested in: How many heroes have you played more than an hour with? And how many have you played more than four hours with?

4+: Rein, Lucio, Junkrat, Reaper, Hanzo, Symmetra

Everyone else is like 2-3 hours.

Under 1 hour: Widowmaker, Genji, Mei, D. Va, Tracer, Winston, Bastion, Zenyatta, McCree, Torbjorn

Reaper I can understand because his job can be filled by quite a few others, but Mei is pretty unique in what she offers.

I love charging into the last capture zone and walling off a few enemies and turrets for us to capture the zone uncontested.
My hate of Mei runs deep.
Nope

What about "never touched Genji or Hanzo"
I've played Hanzo a few times, but he's not satisfying to me at all. Genji is pretty damn rad though.

Ugh. I finally get a legendary after a million years and it's the really awesome El Bianco skin only problem is that I hate Reaper and never have fun with him cause I can't aim for shit.

abundant

Man, I'm so glade that the GAF group I normally play with (PSN: Onslaught56) doesn't take Overwatch too serious, because according to Overbuff, I'm not a good player. It doesn't come as a surprise though, because I have a hard time aiming due to disabilities, which is why I mostly stick with Reinhardt, Mercy, or Lucio.

Kamion

Man, I'm so glade that the GAF group I normally play with (PSN: Onslaught56) doesn't take Overwatch too serious, because according to Overbuff, I'm not a good player. It doesn't come as a surprise though, because I have a hard time aiming due to disabilities, which is why I mostly stick with Reinhardt, Mercy, or Lucio.

You should consider Winston, too, then!

Edit: Also Mei should work out quite well for you. It's more about skill than aiming there.

styl3s

So is competitive coming today? What happened to that French leak?
Does Blizzard ONLY release patches on Tuesdays? Could hit tomorrow or Thursday.

I just hope they don't delay the PC competitive because they want to release it same day as Torbjorn nerf on consoles because Blizzard specifically stated "end of June"

hanzo's pretty cool if you play him. not cool when others play.

There are a few characters in this game where when played they feel very extreme.

As in, when you're on with them, you are on, but if you aren't, chances are you suck and are bringing the whole team down.

For me, those characters are Hanzo, Widowmaker, Reinhart, Genji.

Like, if I'm not doing great as 76, chances are I'm still doing something, I'm still contributing damage somewhere. But if I'm not contributing damage as Widowmaker or Hanzo, then chances are I'm feeding an enemy Genji/Sniper, and just making my team's defeat that much more likely.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Solo queueing is really making me lose faith in humanity. The sheer level of stupid is mind-blowing. I'm genuinely sad that the "Avoid / Prefer" feature is being removed from the game. =(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
From the look of things, Overbuff isn't heavily weighed on play time like Master Overwach is

Would be curious to see how it's weighted then, because my numbers for other stats don't seem amazing.

Also it seems like masterwatch and overbuff has trouble picking up my latest session. Which is a shame because i had an amazing run in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom