• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Ah alright. On mobile so i didn't realise.

Apparently I'm the 95% dva in the world right now?

m2 top 2000 according to masteroverwatch and 95% according to overbuff. She's a monster imo love her to play and I win every game with her and my team. We start to lose? I change to D.va and win. I guess killing the healers and everything before it could fuck us up really let us win the games.

i guess weekly brawl will update when they push the comp patch out today for pc. but really. they have like a few hours before today is over to even do every tuesday new brawl

styl3s

Solo queueing is really making me lose faith in humanity. The sheer level of stupid is mind-blowing. I'm genuinely sad that the "Avoid / Prefer" feature is being removed from the game. =(
They should of absolutely of left that in.

I hope they also make it a point to warn/ban toxic players i reported at least a half dozen people calling other people everything from the N word to the F (no fuck, the homophobic term i won't spell out) just being vile and horrible to people. Take a no-toxic stance like your no hack stance.

Nimby

Banned
Here's something I'm interested in: How many heroes have you played more than an hour with? And how many have you played more than four hours with?

4+ Hours

Genji (17 hours)
Zarya (6 hours)
Lucio (5 hours)
Symmetra (4 hours)
Soldier 76 (4 hours)

1-3 Hours

Reinhardt (3 hours)
Mercy (3 hours)
D.Va (3 hours)
Zenyatta (1 hour)
Pharah (1 hour)
Torbjorn (1 hour)
Mei (1 hour)
Reaper (1 hour)

Under an hour

Widowmaker
Tracer
McCree
Junkrat
Roadhog
Winston
Bastion
Hanzo

eek5

Would be curious to see how it's weighted then, because my numbers for other stats don't seem amazing.

Also it seems like masterwatch and overbuff has trouble picking up my latest session. Which is a shame because i had an amazing run in that one.

Pretty sure they're just scraping information from playoverwatch and Blizz stopped updating the stats sometimes yesterday for some reason maybe to get it ready to send additional competitive data

Sorral

80% overall makes me damn sad only because it is this high from playing Lucio 82% and Roadhog 84%(which I stopped playing for Zarya) while my Zarya is at 53% and my Genji (also stopped playing as) was as expectedly abysmal from all the solo playing.

I was hoping that my actual favorite characters would be higher, so oh well. I guess my Roadhog pulled in a lot more than my Zarya overall even though it doesn't seem that way anymore honestly. Zarya feels like a game changer while Roadhog is a giant walking hitbox.

Symphonic

I hope they also make it a point to warn/ban toxic players i reported at least a half dozen people calling other people everything from the N word to the F (no fuck, the homophobic term i won't spell out) just being vile and horrible to people. Take a no-toxic stance like your no hack stance.

Too easily exploitable. There's a reason no other games have it.

Satch

Banned
80% overall makes me damn sad only because it is this high from playing Lucio 82% and Roadhog 84%(which I stopped playing for Zarya) while my Zarya is at 53% and my Genji (also stopped playing as) was as expectedly abysmal from all the solo playing.

I was hoping that my actual favorite characters would be higher, so oh well. I guess my Roadhog pulled in a lot more than my Zarya overall even though it doesn't seem that way anymore honestly. Zarya feels like a game changer while Roadhog is a giant walking hitbox.

i feel the same way about it too

i play a shit ton of tank and healer these days and win more because of it
misc-frog.gif

i just wanna selfishly pick pharah and have the rest of the teammates pick what we need and play it well so i can have fun playing her for once
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif

Sorral

Here's something I'm interested in: How many heroes have you played more than an hour with? And how many have you played more than four hours with?

+4 hours:
Genji
Lucio
Zarya
Pharah
Roadhog
Mei
Winston
Soldier 76

+1 hour:
McCree
Reinhardt
Junkrat
Reaper
Tracer
Zenyatta
Dva

Since a bunch of people are apparently good Lucio players, wondering a quick hint on best way to play as him. He's my favorite, I think, but, my Overbuff ranking is apparently terrible. So, I'm doing something wrong.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Since a bunch of people are apparently good Lucio players, wondering a quick hint on best way to play as him. He's my favorite, I think, but, my Overbuff ranking is apparently terrible. So, I'm doing something wrong.

I can't believe how fast these Overbuff rankings are gaining in importance to some people.

abundant

My ranking is low too, but if you are on consoles, learning how to wall grind + bunny hop makes it harder for them to kill you. This strategy works out the most in KOTH.

I can't believe how fast these Overbuff rankings are gaining in importance to some people.

Eh, not importance as much as loading that up and seeing that I'm at 2%. That was a bit shocking (if the numbers are to be believed)

Just looking at the top players on the site, I can see my healing is below par. I think I need to be boosting that almost every time it can be. Maybe I'm giving myself hints now.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

I've had to report quite a few people using the N word as well. T_T

Sorral

#661 as Zenny boy
#246 as D.Va?
No, this is the wrong way round, it wasn't supposed to be this way!

lol that's just hilarious.

Yeah, I hear you and I want to play heroes that I like again.

I'm actually moving to PC soon seeing as a friend of mine already did and I will definitely know what to do about things a lot more now. I will try to almost always group with a couple of friends as well

It will make it easier on my braincells for sure!

- Stick to the payload and the objective a lot.
- I mapped my jump button to R1 so now all I do is jump and shoot at the same time as him while strafing a lot. Harder for the enemy to kill you.
- Skate the walls or on the payload itself. It's possible to delay the payload all by yourself as Lucio until your teammates get back.
- environmental kills with the push is great, but remember the push attack also saves you from being shot too close or from Mei's freeze, after which you can swap to the speed boost and move away further or skate on the walls.
- Speaking of speed boost, wait for your teammates to move together as a group and less going off by yourself.
- You can use your ult to block enemy ults or do a good payload push if timed right.

Didn't mean to do a wall of text but I guess I just kept on typing.

Heel

Eh, not importance as much as loading that up and seeing that I'm at 2%. That was a bit shocking (if the numbers are to be believed)

Just looking at the top players on the site, I can see my healing is below par. I think I need to be boosting that almost every time it can be. Maybe I'm giving myself hints now.

While your amp shouldn't just be sitting there all the time, I've found that there's a certain rhythm and timing to it.

Amp in a team fight once damage has been inflicted on your team, not as soon as you see people firing, but before they die. If half your amp is gone before anyone on your team gets hit, you've wasted a lot of pivotal healing. Again, timing is key.

Be willing to shift your position a bit if you feel someone isn't in your cone of healing, e.g. someone pushing up to a choke on a control map, etc.

Remind your teammates to group up on you.

I can't be the first person to think of this, but if two Mercys heal faster, can two Mercys boost more damage? I imagine not or else we'd already know.

abundant

I can't be the first person to think of this, but if two Mercys heal faster, can two Mercys boost more damage? I imagine not or else we'd already know.

Hasn't it been confirmed that two Mercys don't heal a single target faster? The same thing goes for Lucio as well, IIRC.

New weekly Brawl
Pharmercy battle

Justice Rains From Above

Heroes - Mercy, Pharah
50% Ult Gain Rate
75% Faster Ability Cooldown
Maps Hana, Temp and volsk

lol that's just hilarious.

Yeah, I hear you and I want to play heroes that I like again.

I'm actually moving to PC soon seeing as a friend of mine already did and I will definitely know what to do about things a lot more now. I will try to almost always group with a couple of friends as well

It will make it easier on my braincells for sure!

- Stick to the payload and the objective a lot.
- I mapped my jump button to R1 so now all I do is jump and shoot at the same time as him while strafing a lot. Harder for the enemy to kill you.
- Skate the walls or on the payload itself. It's possible to delay the payload all by yourself as Lucio until your teammates get back.
- environmental kills with the push is great, but remember the push attack also saves you from being shot too close or from Mei's freeze, after which you can swap to the speed boost and move away further or skate on the walls.
- Speaking of speed boost, wait for your teammates to move together as a group and less going off by yourself.
- You can use your ult to block enemy ults or do a good payload push if timed right.

Didn't mean to do a wall of text but I guess I just kept on typing.

While your amp shouldn't just be sitting there all the time, I've found that there's a certain rhythm and timing to it.

Amp in a team fight once damage has been inflicted on your team, not as soon as you see people firing, but before they die. If half your amp is gone before anyone on your team gets hit, you've wasted a lot of pivotal healing. Again, timing is key.

Be willing to shift your position a bit if you feel someone isn't in your cone of healing, e.g. someone pushing up to a choke on a control map, etc.

Remind your teammates to group up on you.

It's appreciated. And I feel like I do most if not all of that in some capacity. But, stats don't lie! :)

I'll give it all a go tonight and keep an eye on some of these things. Thanks folks.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is Lucio naturally prone to going on fire? I've been noticing I get that a lot when playing as him. I guess his AoE heals / speed help contribute to that?

abundant

Is Lucio naturally prone to going on fire? I've been noticing I get that a lot when playing as him. I guess his AoE heals / speed help contribute to that?

He's probably the easiest hero to go on and maintain fire since you don't need to kill others that much (or at all) + his mobility makes it harder to take him out. And yes, AOE heals contribute to the fire meter, speed does not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom