• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
they need to make it where if you touch the ground you gradually lose Health. but overall it's fun. map choice could need work

and servers died. Mercy res please

Kurumi

Weekly Brawl rules:

ircHw4N.png

Lol. Oh lord. Wonder how this one is going to be.

Sorral

The chosen maps don't seem all that great for flying though. They went with just Capture the Point.

KOTH maps would have been amazing with it.

The chosen maps don't seem all that great for flying though. They went with just Capture the Point.

we would be a stand still if they did payload since from anubis no one really died and if they did they'd just be back there. the only time you might win is someone gets their ult

also this is good practice for people wanting to aim at moving target lol

Sorral

we would be a stand still if they did payload since from anubis no one really died and if they did they'd just be back there. the only time you might win is someone gets their ult

also this is good practice for people wanting to aim at moving target lol

Yeah, payload wouldn't be that great either. I edited my post too late and added that it would be great with KOTH.

vypek

It was fixed on PTR so you should be good

Cool. Now to dread the wait until next week after the long weekend until it hits console

No idea, I am sitting in game and I don't see a prompt for competitive, and when I back out to the bnet launcher I see no update being queued.

Thats peculiar. I thought it would be available by now. Do they refresh servers and updates at a specific time?

Ivellios

I just bought the game, having lots of fun with it! Really like playing bastion on defense.

If anyone is looking to play my username is Churroszx, also looking forward to join overwatch GAF

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I have a question. Am I supposed to be taking more than a minute to get to some areas with certain characters from my spawn point?

It doesn't matter with some characters who have a good speed gimmick, but I selected Mercy not long ago, and I could see people needing my help, but I had to trek all the way there first. Without anyone in my vision, I couldn't fly anywhere, so it was just me running and running and running...

Am I just not aware enough of the maps or something?

i think the brawl would better work if they adjust it more. it's just endly flying and and not hitting much. they should give pharah more dmg, respawn time longer. lose health if you stand on the ground.

Canucked

I'm 90 for mercy. I wouldn't consider her a "main" but I do enjoy playing as her. Maybe I should do more.

I need to play with gaffers more.

Permanently A

Anyone know if you get more competitive points (the currency for purchasing golden guns) at higher rank wins? Otherwise I'm going to tank my MMR for easy wins.

Crzy1

Ugh.... one round of the weekly brawl and I think I'm going to puke. The second point in Hanamura was pretty crazy, but flying up and down and circling all around really did me in. Could see it being fun with more space, but that was too much.

eek5

Anyone know if you get more competitive points (the currency for purchasing golden guns) at higher rank wins? Otherwise I'm going to tank my MMR for easy wins.

Seagull was getting 0-1 per game but IDK what you get at low rank so hard to compare. I'm guessing at end of season you'll get more based on ending rank though.

Also easy wins is only if you can carry your team of idiots. :|

Nerokis

Hmm... I went from 10% to 9% to 33% over the course of 3 days. Discovering Overbuff has confirmed how goddamn horrible I am at this game, but it's nice to see a boost.

peakish

Competitive makes me wanna get a group together but then my fear of "what if i don't do good enough and everyone yells at me" starts to sink in.
I know this feeling. It just feels worse to underperform when playing with non-randoms. On the other hand it's fun to discuss eg. comp switches with someone instead of just running in a vacuum.

aravuus

Just played my first couple of matches with a team that was, or at least seemed to be, genuinely bad. I've only played some hours so far myself so I'm hardly an expert on everything Overwatch, but it's like nobody even knew we were supposed to capture a point. The game can definitely get frustrating sometimes.

On a more positive note, finally tried Lucio earlier and he's fucking great. Really fun to play. Slowly starting to learn the other heroes, now I can do offense, support and tanking with at least some success.

Is any PC players playing with a controller? How's your experience been? Are you still competitive with KB/M players? I'm thinking of picking this up on the PC but absolutely do not want to play with KB/M(I know, blasphemy!!), and would like some first hand experience opinions.

Is any PC players playing with a controller? How's your experience been? Are you still competitive with KB/M players? I'm thinking of picking this up on the PC but absolutely do not want to play with KB/M(I know, blasphemy!!), and would like some first hand experience opinions.

I play only on controller on PC Overwatch and have done so with Team Fortress 2 for ~4 years, just adjust your sensitivity properly, I hold my own well with controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom