• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Is any PC players playing with a controller? How's your experience been? Are you still competitive with KB/M players? I'm thinking of picking this up on the PC but absolutely do not want to play with KB/M(I know, blasphemy!!), and would like some first hand experience opinions.

You will get destroyed and will only be semi-effective with 1-2 heroes. I honestly wouldn't bother if I were you and just get a console version.

BigDug13

Hasn't it been confirmed that two Mercys don't heal a single target faster? The same thing goes for Lucio as well, IIRC.

Nope. Zenyatta and Lucio heals do not stack with others of that class, but Mercy's does. Unlike Zen and Lucio, Mercy gets to do no damage herself while healing or damage boosting. Removing her ability to stack would be really bad for a class that has to dedicate 100% of their resources to healing or damage boosting and cannot deal damage while performing those functions.

I watched a video of a group that went 6 mercy's with 1 of them being Mercy prime and the other 5 healing/damage boosting that 1 mercy. (Didn't work out because the other team picked 6 junkrats to counter, but they definitely stacked.)

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looks like update is live. Not sure I'll hop into competitive right away. May give it a week or so for the exceptionally toxic players to be banned or silenced before hopping in.

Zemm

This is completely dependent on how good the player is. I don't get destroyed or hold my team back by playing with controller on PC Overwatch.

Who do you play as? I could see a Lucio being fine and possibly a Mercy, but the rest of the heroes that rely on aim would be a struggle unless you're playing against really low skilled players.

Who do you play as? I could see a Lucio being fine and possibly a Mercy, but the rest of the heroes that rely on aim would be a struggle unless you're playing against really low skilled players.

Junkrat, Roadhog, Soldier: 76, Mercy, Zenyatta, D.Va, McCree, I honestly play half the roster since my years of TF2 experience (on controller) translate well into Overwatch. I main Junkrat and have no problem arcing my shots against hiding Bastions and Torb turrets. It depends on the person whether or not controller works for them.

BigDug13

Junkrat, Roadhog, Soldier: 76, Mercy, Zenyatta, D.Va, McCree, I honestly play half the roster since my years of TF2 experience (on controller) translate well into Overwatch. I main Junkrat and have no problem arcing my shots against hiding Bastions and Torb turrets. It depends on the person whether or not controller works for them.

The controller can "work", but the ceiling of how good you can be is limited just based on the controller design compared to a mouse. If a player like Seagull spent years playing FPS's with a controller, he would still never be able to pull off the same shit he does with his mouse/keyboard. Doing instant 180's and headshotting with ice-sickles while bunny hopping around. Once you're in tune with mouse distances, you can instantly turn your character to the exact milimeter you want to which an analog stick just can't do.

I'm sure you're "effective", but I'm willing to bet if you can hang with PC players while using a controller, if you put in the time, you would probably wreck with mouse/keyboard.

Man, I'm so glad that the GAF group I normally play with (PSN: Onslaught56) doesn't take Overwatch too serious, because according to Overbuff, I'm not a good player. It doesn't come as a surprise though, because I have a hard time aiming due to disabilities, which is why I mostly stick with Reinhardt, Mercy, or Lucio.

Yeah, I routinely feel like when I play with other GAFers on PS4 that I'm the worst one on the team. On the other hand, I always feel like I'm carrying my team when I play in public/random matches. Overbuff says my overall world rank is 69% (eyyyyyy) so I guess I'm not THAT bad, but I'm working on improving.

While I'm proud of my 71% world rank with Symmetra, I gotta say I'm shocked that Overbuff says I have a 94% world rank with Torbjorn. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed.

Also are the Overbuff/MasterOverwatch statistics only for those people who have logged into the site? Or does it pull data from Blizzard somehow?

i feel the same way about it too

i play a shit ton of tank and healer these days and win more because of it
misc-frog.gif

i just wanna selfishly pick pharah and have the rest of the teammates pick what we need and play it well so i can have fun playing her for once
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif
misc-frog.gif

Become a selfish first-picker!

Also are the Overbuff/MasterOverwatch statistics only for those people who have logged into the site? Or does it pull data from Blizzard somehow?
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's like most fan stat sites that only pull the stats for people who search for a GT/PSN or create an account so that heavily weighs the stats in favor of good players since the average player probably won't give a shit about them or what those sites even are.

oh wow

4 damage dealers, me as mercy and another guy as roadhog.

we lost, badly. i was blamed, of course. didn't heal all 4 of the genji, tracer, pharah and reaper doing their own shit all across the map well enough :^)

Kamion

The new brawl is CHAOTIC AS HELL but I love it. Flying after all these Pharahs with Mercy is the best. (mostly because I can almost never do it in a real game)

SeanR1221

I've gotten 4 legendaries since I've started. A mercy skin, 2 zenyatta skins and a junkrat skin.

I open a box at level 54 yesterday and two legendaries come out!!!!!!!

The other mercy skin and a duplicate zenyatta skin.

Are you fucking kidding me

Vitanimus

Is any PC players playing with a controller? How's your experience been? Are you still competitive with KB/M players? I'm thinking of picking this up on the PC but absolutely do not want to play with KB/M(I know, blasphemy!!), and would like some first hand experience opinions.

this was my first KB/M PC game LOL and it's honestly pretty easy to pick up. Just make sure to use the practice range to get a feel for controls and it'll feel natural very quickly.

styl3s

first ranked win, FeelsGoodMan, wasnt even close.
Wonder if you or anyone else was in my first game we straight steamrolled them.

Probably 160 hours in this game between closed beta to now and it was the first match i have been in where everyone was on the microphone communicating and working like a team.

Is this going to turn into a dick measuring thread where people post pics of all their overbuff shit?
Competitive is just a fancier term for look how big my dick is.

Also, i am in the low hundreds with Junkrat and Mercy no big deal *brushes shoulder*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom