• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario RPG - Issues with Freeloader or am I fucked?

I just got in a shiny new copy of Paper Mario RPG. I don't have a modded cube, and therefore use the crappy Freeloader. However when I boot it up it goes so far and then gives a textbubble saying (in english) "No Messages." It will then go to the Start Screen and play the music but if I press Start to begin the game it repeats that text bubble and then proceeds to freeze up and emit a horrible screeching banshee like noise. This is quite annoying.

Edit: It's Action Replay version 1.06. Also, I'm using an NTSC USA region GameCube. I don't have a soldering iron handy or I'd just mod the fucking thing now myself.

Any ideas?

Stryder

Is it that easy to mod a cube to be region free? do you have a web site with info on how to do it?

Sorry to drag your thread slightly OT

Matlock

Banned
You don't know anyone who's an electrician? I'm sure you could probably find a cheaper (and possibly better done) route by way of someone who is already an electrician with soldering experience or someone at a local vocational center/community college.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm sure the next update on the AR will activate Paper Mario support.

fallout

It's not that easy. Yes, it's only 2 wires (soldered to a switch, which is actually easy), but the wires have to be 30 gauge. That's equal to a diameter of .254 mm, roughly a little larger than a strand of hair on your head.

Now, I've done it myself actually, but all the same, it's incredibly dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Matlock has the right idea with looking for someone experienced.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Dragona Akehi said:
Fuck. Guess I'll have to see if I can buy a solder or something.

It depends. Where do you live Dragona?

Top Bottom