• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Now (NA) adds 50 new games, subscription 30% off

Tapejara

Play new additions from 2K

PlayStation Now will be adding 50 games tomorrow, including Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Darkness II, Spec Ops: The Line and Duke Nukem Forever from the illustrious and immensely talented folks at 2K. In addition to these new additions, you can also play some of 2K’s other top hits, including Borderlands, Borderlands 2, BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, XCOM: Enemy Within and NBA 2K14.
Here’s a bit about the new 2K titles we’re adding this month:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Launch into the Borderlands universe and shoot ‘n’ loot your way through an exciting adventure that rockets you onto Pandora’s moon! Play as four character classes while carving a path of destructive mayhem across Pandora’s never-before-seen low-gravity moonscapes with all new moves, weapons, and vehicles! (Rated Mature)

The Darkness II

The Darkness II is an intense first person shooter that puts you in the role of Jackie
Estacado, don of a New York crime family and wielder of an ancient supernatural force of chaos known as The Darkness. (Rated Mature)

Spec Ops: The Line

It’s been 6 months since Dubai was wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm. Thousands of lives were lost, including those of American soldiers sent to evacuate the city. Today, the city lies buried under sand, the world’s most opulent ruin. (Rated Mature)

Duke Nukem Forever

Put on your shades and prepare to step into the boots of Duke Nukem, whose legend has reached epic proportions in the years since his last adventure. The alien hordes are invading and only Duke can save the world. With hours and hours of over-the-top single player action, and a range of bodacious multiplayer modes, rest assured knowing the fun will last. (Rated Mature)

Second, we’re announcing a special discount on the 3-Month Subscription (a savings of 33%) that will be available in the U.S. and Canada starting tomorrow and ending July 11, 2016. The discount will apply only to the first subscription period purchased during the promotion, and subsequent periods will be charged at the full price of $44.99 for a 3-Month Subscription. Full details and eligibility requirements are available here.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/06/50-new-games-join-the-playstation-now-lineup/

The three month subscription usually costs $44.99, but it'll be $29.99 until July 11th. Full list of new games isn't in the Blog post, but there are some other cool additions like Rain and Way of the Samurai 4.

Did a search and couldn't find anything; drop my connection if old!

Edit: full list of new games:

Air Conflicts - Secret Wars
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Air Conflicts: Vietnam
Back to the Future™: Episode 1 - It's About Time
BATTLE OF TILES EX
Borderlands The Pre-sequel
Counter Spy
Dogfight 1942
Duke Nukem Forever
Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard
Entwined
Eufloria
Falling Skies
Farming Simulator 15
Game of Thrones Ep 1 & Ep 2 Bundle
Hoard
Hohokum
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
Jimmie Johnson’s Anything with an Engine
Judge Dee - The City God Case
King Oddball
Le Tour de France™ - Season 2014
Machinarium
Mahjong Tales™: Ancient Wisdom
Matt Hazard: Blood Bath & Beyond
Motorstorm RC
MouseCraft
Of Orcs and Men™
Order Up!!
Planets Under Attack
Rain
Realms of Ancient War
Red Johnson’s Chronicles: One Against All
Rotastic
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
Sky Dive: Proximity Flight
Sparkle 2
Spec Ops: The Line
StarDrone
Syberia
Syberia II
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
The Darkness 2
The Swapper
The UnderGarden™
Thomas was Alone
Titan Attacks!
Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign
Way of the Samurai 4
Zack Zero

playXray

It's getting there. Still needs many more games and a more cost effective subscription option (tied with PS+?) but this is a step in the right direction.

Tapejara

Is there a list of every game available on PS Now online anywhere? I'd like to see whats on the service , might subscribe for $29.99

full list anywhere?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/subscriptions/ (bottom of the page)

The input lag killed it for me. Suck because i was really impress by the visual quality.

Yep, I was really looking forward to playing Resistance 3 with a DS4, but the input lag made it impossible to enjoy. I've had good experiences with other games, but I try to avoid playing shooters on PS Now.

mishakoz

Cool service, but it's a lot of games I have played. Went looking for Dark Souls the other day, shame it's not there.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Is this service profitable? Have Sony said anything about the subscription number? Because I dont know anyone who has it and not seen a single article on this in any media site for a long long time.

thumb

Banned
I recognize that this is only one of the problems it is meant to solve, but I want local backwards compatibility, not PS Now. Adding latency and a subscription service does nothing for me personally.

bomblord1

Banned
Completely unrelated (well loosely related) but the Atelier games are on PS Now I have just now remembered. Completely forgot about that (list of all games available in the Ops link let me see it)

autoduelist

By amazing you mean awful 3rd person shooter with terrible graphics and an OK story.

Mechanics/graphics are questionable at times, but honestly, that only plays into the entire experience. And as an experience, I'd agree with the other person it was amazing and one of the most memorable games I've ever played.

Abdiel

I recognize that this is only one of the problems it is meant to solve, but I want local backwards compatibility, not PS Now. Adding latency and a subscription service does nothing for me personally.

It's not one of the problems is meant to solve. Ps3 backwards compatibility isn't possible. It's not. Please stop. Sigh.

Psnow is more geared towards folks with no console at all rather than people who want backwards compatibility.

It's not one of the problems is meant to solve. Ps3 backwards compatibility isn't possible. It's not. Please stop. Sigh.

Psnow is more geared towards folks with no console at all rather than people who want backwards compatibility.

Yeah. My Blu-Ray player has it (granted it's a Sony). But Samsung TV's have it, too. One thing they really should do though, is make a PS Now app for PC/Mac. Maybe build it off the the Remote Play app. Also, maybe include all the functionalities of the iOS/Android PlayStation App (including the PSN Store).

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

Before MS made 360 game playable on XB1, I'd have believed you.

driver116

Is this service profitable? Have Sony said anything about the subscription number? Because I dont know anyone who has it and not seen a single article on this in any media site for a long long time.

If you compare it to something like Xbox BC then it's incredibly profitable. Though this is not BC.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
If you compare it to something like Xbox BC then it's incredibly profitable. Though this is not BC.

heh? you think MS spent and are still spending same amount of money that Sony spent on that cloud company and are still spending on servers to keep this thing going?

I highly highly doubt it.

so you can't really compare the two

GametimeUK

People confusing backwards compatability with a subscription service again. Do you complain that you pay for Netflix, but it has movies on there that you already own?

Didn't think so.

driver116

heh? you think MS spent and are still spending same amount of money that Sony spent on that cloud company and are still spending on servers to keep this thing going?

I highly highly doubt it.

so you can't really compare the two

One makes money, the other does not.
The servers are nothing special. Virtualisation is a wonderful, flexible tool.
Besides, the buyouts of Gaikai and OnLive, are written off as elimination.
It's an investment for the future. A pretty good one and all.

5taquitos

Subbing for three months, and I'll mainly be playing games I already own just so I can use the DS4 controller and don't have to switch inputs.

I ain't even mad.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
wat????????????????????????????????

this thread is so short, yet already so ridiculous

He said it's not possible. I would have said the same thing pre 360 BC. I know the PS3 is not the 360, but saying something is impossible seems silly at this point, especially if you are taking Sony's word for it.

Top Bottom