• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
As do I. Not that gun violence should be ignored. But it seems a disconcerting number of Americans remain uninterested in actually solving the problem. When I examined President Obama's proposal, the inadequacy of the provisions was unnerving. Not only because of their modesty, but also the hysterical overreaction from conservatives. Nevertheless, I'll take these provisions because they might ignite an incremental approach. It seems a similar approach is succeeding, albeit at a frustratingly languid pace, in resolving the social and economic desolation of our country. And that's as essential to reducing violence as gun control.
It's been infuriating seeing people dismiss Obama's proposal as an "extreme position" to be talked down from.

Diablos

Boehner WAS smiling though. And he waited for the Pres to walk away like a friend waiting to accompany him to lunch. Weird.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Boehner WAS smiling though. And he waited for the Pres to walk away like a friend waiting to accompany him to lunch. Weird.
confusedman.jpg

Diablos

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

LET'S GET A BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT TO TALK ABOUT IT FOLLOWED BY A CBS ANCHOR INTERVIEWING A RANDOM BLACK FAMILY IN THE CROWD!

As do I. Not that gun violence should be ignored. But it seems a disconcerting number of Americans remain uninterested in actually solving the problem. When I examined President Obama's proposal, the inadequacy of the provisions was unnerving. Not only because of their modesty, but also the hysterical overreaction from conservatives. Nevertheless, I'll take these provisions because they might ignite an incremental approach. It seems a similar approach is succeeding, albeit at a frustratingly languid pace, in resolving the social and economic desolation of our country. And that's as essential to reducing violence as gun control.
AMD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

I was at a doctor's appointment during Obama's speech. Sounds like it was a nice one from Twitter reactions.

Jackson50

AMD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

I was at a doctor's appointment during Obama's speech. Sounds like it was a nice one from Twitter reactions.
First, I had to complete a manuscript for possible publication and finish the semester; being a TA for introductory statistics is not fun. Then I returned home for winter break. I only see my family a few times a year, so I maximize my time with them. As I much as I enjoy posting on here, it had to take the back seat. But I'm back now.

First, I had to complete a manuscript for possible publication and finish the semester; being a TA for introductory statistics is not fun. Then I returned home for winter break. I only see my family a few times a year, so I maximize my time with them. As I much as I enjoy posting on here, it had to take the back seat. But I'm back now.
I nominated you for most eloquent speaker in a thread recently. Just saying.

The second half lf the speech was good. What's the next thing to look forward to? When are we going to know what filibuster reform is going to look like?

Nert

Since I'm laughing at Fox News, I guess I should also say that I'm a little offended to see CNN talking to Tim Gunn for several minutes about how to rate Michelle Obama's appearance on a scale of 1 to 10. They then go on to talk about her "style legacy," instead of, you know, any of the policy initiatives that she's passionate about.

I guess this would stick out less to me if they also had frequent style updates on Joe Biden or something. Dat sexism...

Amir0x

Banned
Biden's Bible's fucking huge.

Over 5 inches thick; been in the Biden family since the 1800s. Got all that neat Celtic engraving on it too.

The speech was really good, and filled with progressive ideology... but I just will wait to see what happens in the coming months to know if he'll just be a soft Republican again when it comes to governing.

FyreWulff

Since I'm laughing at Fox News, I guess I should also say that I'm a little offended to see CNN talking to Tim Gunn for several minutes about how to rate Michelle Obama's appearance on a scale of 1 to 10. They then go on to talk about her "style legacy," instead of, you know, any of the policy initiatives that she's passionate about.

I guess this would stick out less to me if they also had frequent style updates on Joe Biden or something. Dat sexism...

CNN is now the MTV of news.

Magni

If you watch 1600 Penn on NBC, this was a main theme of last week's episode. The media kept talking about the First Lady's past as a dancer (before she became a lawyer) rather than the education bill she was trying to pass through the Senate.

Amir0x

Banned
Indeed. And when Obama is gone in four years, his Supreme Court appointees will be there for decades. :)

THAT remains the #1 reason I voted for Obama. Without such an imperative, I might have stayed out of it this time. The Supreme Court DEMANDS to stay at at least its current makeup. If it reverted any further, it'd be generations before we could fix the damage done to this countries laws.

Yay! You missed some stuff!

Made the mistake of reading some comment sections again.

*sigh*

I'm still honestly baffled at how people can say some of this horribly ignorant shit. At this point I'm starting to believe all these comments are being made by mentally deficient people. That's the only thing I can figure out.

WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?!

LosDaddie

Banned
Cross-posting from the Inaguaration thread:

Best FB-salt I've read today: :lol

There are only a few times when people willingly put on a blindfold. The one that stands out to me is a man in front of a firing squad. It seems the citizens of America rushed to willingly allow their blinds to be put on. I hope they take theirs off soon...

From one of those typical, mindless Fox News puppets. You know, the type who rarely post anything personal on FB, but rather Like/Share every conservative picture they come across.

Indeed. And when Obama is gone in four years, his Supreme Court appointees will be there for decades. :)

When I was lurking during the election season, someone linked to an opinion piece that basically said that even if Obama did nothing for you, if you considered yourself a liberal you had to support him in this election just because of the Supreme Court nominees.

Ginsburg should definitely be replaced under Obama. Scalia and Kennedy are both getting up there as well, and while they probably don't want to retire under a Democrat president, I'd put the odds at above 50% that at least one of them will have to step down in the next four years.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From hotair
Why are trolls even in here? Did they expect us to be all excited for today?

Proof positive – liberals are idiots.
Daww they don't get schadenfreude, that's adorable <3

edit: ^The corrosion lining Clarence Thomas' soul must be building up pretty heavily by now too. A boy can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom