• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the sequester to do what? The sequester will mostly be removed or can kicked continually. everyone in there knows this.

The previous bills argument is also flawed. Obama and Boehner could have easily built a deal that would be passed now instead of before the 1st but agree it wasn't possible then. But they couldn't because the GOP cannot make a big deal because they don't want to actually cut spending.

There is no big deal to be had. You cannot throw sequester into it for this very reason.

And this would be a much longer fight. You'd be fucking over a lot of unemployed right now. It's not worth it because of a $100k threshold. You yourself gave me the parameters you wanted and basically this is the only think you're upset about. And you ignore the phaseouts which offset that.

You're blowing smoke up everyone's asses. I'm going to buy a pair of Cantor's clown shoes and send them your way; I'm certain they it.

You are rewriting history. Boehner couldn't get a bill passed because republicans didn't want to vote on higher taxes. That's why Obama wanted to separate the middle income taxes in the first place. Any deal now will be a tax cut. Republicans will be free to vote for a bill that cuts taxes and spending. Everyone on the right is arguing they will extort Obama for more spending cuts in March; by giving them some now, they finish a deal with the anticipation of more cuts in the future (which Obama won't give them, allegedly).

I'm not fucking over any UE people with this. A deal can be had, the framework has largely already been agreed upon. As I said, you only need 19 republicans after Thursday. I expect a big deal would get far more than that

You are rewriting history. Boehner couldn't get a bill passed because republicans didn't want to vote on higher taxes. That's why Obama wanted to separate the middle income taxes in the first place. Any deal now will be a tax cut. Republicans will be free to vote for a bill that cuts taxes and spending. Everyone on the right is arguing they will extort Obama for more spending cuts in March; by giving them some now, they finish a deal with the anticipation of more cuts in the future (which Obama won't give them, allegedly).

I'm not fucking over any UE people with this. A deal can be had, the framework has largely already been agreed upon. As I said, you only need 19 republicans after Thursday. I expect a big deal would get far more than that

You are living in an alternate realty. Thank goodness you're not running the show. My goodness.

pnFpx.png

lol

Dem aides have said sending it back will kill it. Will be interesting.

I do think Obama needs to get on record right now demanding a vote ASAP with no amendments. Push the fact that 89 people in the Senate voted for it. Put the House in a tough spot.

Agreed.

Fuck Yea Clyburn

Some Democrats were already thinking out loud about what will follow the collapse of the Senate deal, which they now expect.

If Republicans attempt to offer amendments -- as is expected -- Democrats will oppose a rule to allow that to happen procedurally.

If the GOP then tries to pass an amended bill, "they will have to do it with their own votes," said Rep. James Clyburn, (D- S.C.), a member of the leadership. Either scenario would kill the deal.

If the GOP doesn't offer an up or down vote on the Senate deal, well, that would kill the deal, too.

And then what? "Well, I say that then we wait for the new Congress to come in on Thursday. We'll have better numbers, more members on our side," said Clyburn. "Then we offer a new bill that they will like even less. They didn't like the 450 (thousand dollar in household income) floor on the tax increase? Let's see how much they like it when we push it back down to 250 (thousand)!"

It's done, deal is dead

@DavidMDrucker: RT @ChrisPaulitzDC Cantor just announced House won't pass Senate #fiscalcliff bill, will amend first. Now the fun begins ...

You needed Jan 1st to vote on the tax part. The deal couldn't be had because the GOP refused to outline spending cuts. You don't get this. That was why a grand bargain couldn't be reached.

if it could, Obama would be still getting that right now.

Only need 19 GOP to vote on the bill, you need all the GOP to allow the vote on the bill. You don't seem to get this.

Now that it's dead , maybe Black Mamba will stop replying to PD?

@robertcostaNRO: Senate GOP source says "it's over," unless Boehner brings deal to floor, gently whips. Says anyone who knows Reid knows he won't play ball

GhaleonEB

It's done, deal is dead

@DavidMDrucker: RT @ChrisPaulitzDC Cantor just announced House won't pass Senate #fiscalcliff bill, will amend first. Now the fun begins ...

Pretty much guarantees the bill will die as the Senate one will expire. And we do it all over again! :lol

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
These guys either have enormous balls or are missing key sections of their brains. I would say I'm surprised the current deal looks dead, but this shit is almost expected now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
pnFpx.png

lol

Dem aides have said sending it back will kill it. Will be interesting.

I do think Obama needs to get on record right now demanding a vote ASAP with no amendments. Push the fact that 89 people in the Senate voted for it. Put the House in a tough spot.

nah, they will just get obama to end medicare and repeal obamacare and end social security in exchange for $500T in military funding and then it will pass easily, but no debt ceiling agreement

brithume Appears House GOP's pie-in-the-sky caucus will blow up deal, leaving new higher tax rates in place, assuring Rs get all blame.

hahaha.

While I preferred a deal because people need their UE benefits, at least the GOP is going down like the buffoons that they are.

PD's bet is looking really bad right now. If the GOP doesn't change ship soon, they will get crushed in 2014.

Obama needs to do his own plan B right now which is basically an abortion of the GOP. time to go on TV and send his lackees on a tour demonstrating how poorly the House GOP is fucking over America for their selfish desires.

You guys are acting like this is the end of the world. No one's taxes go up for at least a week or two.

No one's taxes go up for a few months so long as Obama changes the withholding via executive order (which he can easily do). The problem lies in UE benefits.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
No one but you has been freaking out these last 2 days.

And the only reason he's freaking out is because each and every one of his predictions/assessments is become more and more laughable with each passing hour.

Leadership.

Interesting point. I'm not saying Boehner is a good leader, he's horrible, but I can't really imagine anyone managing to effectively lead the House GOP, or get them to do much of anything. At last half the caucus is simply auditioning for a role on Fox or a lobbying firm.

Measley

The media and the public needs to rake Republicans over the coals for this. The bill passed the Senate 89 to 8. Unbelievable.

Crisco

Banned
So why exactly was it not even brought up for a vote in the House? It sounds like it had enough votes to pass. What's the power play here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom