• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
And it's dead:

Mike Allen ‏@mikeallen

SIREN: GOP source, privy to leadership strategy, says House will amend deal "with real spending cuts, and then it's going to die" till 113th

truly amazing stuff

Luke Russert ‏@LukeRussert
Member tells me of #GOP Conf mtg: "Felt like I was living in another world, guys asking for stuff there's no way Ds wld give on."

bwahaha.

Mike Allen ‏@mikeallen
GOP source, privy to leadership strategy: House will add "spending cuts they know Democrats can't live with...Our base is gonna be fired up"

BWAHAHAHA

repeal Obamacare in it, please. pretty fucking please.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mike Allen ‏@mikeallen
GOP source, privy to leadership strategy: House will add "spending cuts they know Democrats can't live with...Our base is gonna be fired up"
Is this the same base that delivered them the election? How'd that work out?

So yesterday we were having a discussion about copper, and many werent taking it seriously.

Then I saw this
Wtf? Nobody steals copper out of street lights. Thieves go into homes for a reason its a lot of clean copper in one place. An air conditioner has more copper then a street light. Also junk yards require a contractor id to take a a lot of copper now

Am I being trolled?

Sacramento
On April 10, the city council okayed the transfer of $2 million to help make repairs after rampant copper wire thefts left 150 neighborhoods dark.

Neighborhoods were on a waiting list for up to 12 months to get street lighting restored. All 150 of the neighborhoods now have had their lighting repaired, according to a city press release.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archi...ghts-back-on-in-sacramento.html#storylink=cpy

Wichita

Police say it will cost thousands of dollars to repair damage caused by someone who stole copper wiring from a downtown Wichita bridge.

Sometime between Friday morning and Tuesday morning, someone stripped copper wiring out of a street light on the Douglas Street bridge over the Arkansas River.

Salt Lake City

Richard Starley, chairman-elect for the Capitol Hill Community Council, commented on the city's failure to mitigate theft of copper wires that is continually knocking out some street lights.

"As soon as the lights go on, the thieves know the wiring is back," Starley said. "(City officials) are not recruiting (residents) to act with you in stopping the theft issue that's going on in our city."

Fresno

In just the past three months, the city of Fresno has had $150 thousand in copper wire losses.

Los Angeles
Thieves continue to steal the copper wiring from streetlights across Los Angeles, and streets in Hancock Park have been hit hard the past couple of weeks. Council District 4 reports that at least 66 streetlights are now dark after a bold theft that stripped the copper wire from lights on June Street from 6th St up to Beverly Bl., and along Muirfield Road near 4th and 5th Streets. The Hancock Park Homeowners Association reports there are outages on N McCadden Pl, S Las Palmas, S Hudson, Beverly, and Third Sts, in addition to June and Muirfield.

Nobody steals copper wire from streetlights?

Amir0x

Banned
@MikeAllen
GOP source, privy to leadership strategy: House will add "spending cuts they know Democrats can't live with...Our base is gonna be fired up".

wait so they're not only going to be spending cuts, they're going to be intentionally antagonistic spending cuts?

This is so fucking amazing I can't even believe it's happening. I mean I can, but I can't

Link

The Autumn Wind
wait so they're not only going to be spending cuts, they're going to be intentionally antagonistic spending cuts?

This is so fucking amazing I can't even believe it's happening. I mean I can, but I can't
Please proceed, GOP.

Why isnt every newspaper running with a headline like:

"Bipartisan Senate vote approves massive tax cuts, 89-9, GOP House refuses to vote, demanding medicare be cut before allowing tax cuts to proceed"

haha, ok. As I said, Obama Tax Cut For America

A bare tax cut will pass now, I'm not even sure you need anything else. Then start passing tax cuts on Thursday (plus UE benefits)

Obama.

Can't.

Pass.

Anything.

Even a bare tax cut will be DOA. They will add their cuts to it. jesus, man.

So yesterday we were having a discussion about copper, and many werent taking it seriously.

Then I saw this

Am I being trolled?

Sacramento

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archi...ghts-back-on-in-sacramento.html#storylink=cpy

Wichita

Salt Lake City

Fresno

Los Angeles

Nobody steals copper wire from streetlights?

darkness-i-m-rick-james-bitch-demotivational-poster-1255635283.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
Why isnt every newspaper running with a headline like:

"Bipartisan Senate vote approves massive tax cuts, 89-9, GOP House refuses to vote, demanding medicare be cut before allowing tax cuts to proceed"
Because then Fox News will accuse them of being the librul media, and they can't have that.

Amir0x

Banned
Please proceed, GOP.

Seriously I think the majority of the country is sitting there menacingly in their seats saying this right now.

I mean it was bad enough when nothing was just going to get done, but now the GOP is going to be solely responsible for this deal crashing and everyone in the country is going to know it. What political calculation is this, exactly?

What a train wreck this is

Hey, Ghaleon, have you switched gears now? I'd take it now you probably hate the House more than the Senate.

Oh, how a few years change things.

dabig2

Haha, I knew I could rely on the obstinate GOP to completely fuck it all up.

Now let's see if the Dems have learned how to play the messaging game.

Rayis

You know, I barely know anything about economics but reading about this fiscal cliff stuff has been insanely fun, I especially like the part where the GOP is too stupid and stubborn to pass any sort of tax hikes on wealthy people at the expense of everyone else pretty much digging their own grave, hope they get slaughtered in 2014 and congress gets a little saner

GhaleonEB

"our base is gonna be fired up" - as if that's going to help. Your base is the problem! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom