• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

The most I'd give him is that he probably *expected* them to be shitlords but really hoped they wouldn't. The man [still] isn't as polarized as most of us, after all.

We all expected the GOP to be shitlords. The problem is that we found they are worse. Shitmarquesses or perhaps even shitdukes.

since this deal is going to fail, it means we get milk price hikes too, yes? it was a part of the Senate fiscal deal.

fun times ahead...

Chumly

Unbelievable that we can have a bipartisan bill pass the senate and hyper partisan house wont even bring it up to vote. Boehner better get control of his caucus.

Unbelievable that we can have a bipartisan bill pass the senate and hyper partisan house wont even bring it up to vote. Boehner better get control of his caucus.

He could end this right now by calling a vote. But he won't.

Which is why it's time to give them one last shot at a clean tax bill, then press nonstop on tv, speeches, etc

Chumly

He could end this right now by calling a vote. But he won't.

Which is why it's time to give them one last shot at a clean tax bill, then press nonstop on tv, speeches, etc

Which is even more pathetic that it would pass if they brought it to a vote. Dems better get ready to hammer the shit out of republicans over this.

WASHINGTON -- A potential doubling of milk prices will be averted as part of the compromise that White House and congressional bargainers reached on wide-ranging legislation to avert the "fiscal cliff," a leading senator said late Monday.

Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., told reporters that negotiators had agreed to extend portions of the expired 2008 farm bill through September. She said that includes language keeping milk prices from rising, but excludes other provisions like energy and disaster aid for farmers.

Stabenow said she considers the slimmed-down extension to be "Mitch McConnell's version of a farm bill." She was referring to the Senate Republican leader from Kentucky, who she said forced bargainers to accept the version of the farm bill that appeared in the deal.

The Senate measure would raise income taxes on single earners with annual incomes above $400,000 and married couples with incomes above $450,000. It would also block spending cuts for two months, extend jobless benefits for the long-term unemployed, prevent a 27 percent cut in fees for doctors who treat Medicare patients and prevent a spike in milk prices.

HuffPo and CBS. The milk thing is part of the fiscal cliff bill.

Any inside info somewhere on what's going on at the meeting right now?

Not too sure how seriously to take this, but:
Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO
Source inside room says GOP caucus still debating amendments and options. Lots of members speaking up. Votes tonight? Source says 50-50

Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO
Source inside the caucus mtg tells me that RSC group is clashing (lightly) with moderates. Tempers aren't hot, just debating, source says

haha, so the GOP leaders got a bit scared if they're willing to bring it up for a vote.

I guess they were hearing all the backlash?

Only question is if they have 218 for spending cuts, which they could since they're stupid.

Daniel Newhauser ‏@dnewhauser
Rep John Fleming (La) said sentiment in GOP mtg now is to pass senate bill as is, maybe with mostly Dem votes. Realize they're beat

OH SHIT

If House Republican conference couldn't provide 218 votes for $1 million tax threshold WITH spending cuts, how can they for an amended Senate bill?

Amir0x

Banned
Confirming what is being said on CNN now...

they will whip to see if they can get 218 votes with amendments; if not they will get up/down vote on Senate Bill even if majority Dem votes.

This is going to be fucking entertaining.

Amir0x

Banned
Who were the 8 senators that voted no? I know that Rubio and Paul didn't vote for it.

Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.)
Sen. Tom Carper (D-Dela.)
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)
Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah)
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.)
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)

Amir0x

Banned
what kind of cuts are they trying for? Come on, I want juicy details daveweigel! This is already almost more entertaining than election season

Measley

Never knew Ryan could be such a troll.

Paul-Ryan-Buff-Workout-10112012-Lead01-600x450.jpeg

FyreWulff

Seriously the House Republicans are truly fucking nuts. I thought I could never underestimate how nuts they are, but here we are.

If I had the skill, I'd just make a GIF of that scene in Matrix Reloaded where Morpheus is watching the Nebucwhatever burning but put "GOP" on top of it.

Party is fucking dead

GhaleonEB

What really cracks me up about the situation is, Boehner punted this straight over to McConnell and Reid to solve. They did, with a deal that got a 92-8 vote. Now Boehner's not happy with the lifeline they threw him. You can't make this shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom