• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
just think about how bad it was last time. Republicans don't give a fuck what they do to the country

I think the House GOP right now thinks they are like the robots in I, Robot where they are so advanced that in order to save America some of it must be destroyed. You know, to protect us from ourselves.

It's like Obama is playing very casual, predictable prevent defense and republicans keep fumbling the ball during hand off. Any throw down field would get big yardage and ultimately win the game, but they can't even run a play. The country has avoided two austerity bombs (Medicare age increase, Social Security cuts) because republicans are too fucking stupid to play the game.

Do I like the deal? Overall, no. But we get tax revenue, no ridiculous spending cuts, and the GOP is eating itself alive for all to see.
But it's a terrible deal, and Obama is the worst president since Hitler.

It's like Obama is playing very casual, predictable prevent defense and republicans keep fumbling the ball during hand off. Any throw down field would get big yardage and ultimately win the game, but they can't even run a play. The country has avoided two austerity bombs (Medicare age increase, Social Security cuts) because republicans are too fucking stupid to play the game.

Do I like the deal? Overall, no. But we get tax revenue, no ridiculous spending cuts, and the GOP is eating itself alive for all to see.

Yep. So you give credit to the GOP instead of Obama and the Dems. Figures.

Seems the most inefficient people in our government are those who rally against government for being inefficient.

Tsk.

I always looked at it as making it purposefully inefficient in order to prove their own hypothesis. i.e., FEMA is effective under Democratic Presidents, dismantled and/or hobbled under GOP ones.

Amir0x

Banned
I still will never understand how Republicans can seriously prattle on about fiscal responsibility while maintaining that all they want ever is tax cuts for everyone, even while prosecuting wars, even while continuing to allow corporate welfare to exist and flourish in all its many forms, even while crying foul at the smallest cuts to Defense.

All the meanwhile knowing that their true wet dream is to get rid of Social Security and Medicare altogether, since that seems to be their only true 'solution' to this invented fiscal problem. And since they know that's so politically unpopular, what are they even left with?

Snake

Is Reince Priebus even alive anymore or did he return to his pocket dimension?

I can't remember hearing a peep out of him since election night.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Reince Priebus even alive anymore or did he return to his pocket dimension?

I can't remember hearing a peep out of him since election night.

Biden tricked him into saying his name backwards on election night so he won't be back for a few weeks. He got Priebus with the old correct my spelling trick.

I still will never understand how Republicans can seriously prattle on about fiscal responsibility while maintaining that all they want ever is tax cuts for everyone, even while prosecuting wars, even while continuing to allow corporate welfare to exist and flourish in all its many forms, even while crying foul at the smallest cuts to Defense.

All the meanwhile knowing that their true wet dream is to get rid of Social Security and Medicare altogether, since that seems to be their only true 'solution' to this invented fiscal problem. And since they know that's so politically unpopular, what are they even left with?

I think their electorate is a far bigger problem than these clowns.

Simply put, the republicans wouldn't even be a minor party in Europe. They would've been laughed at several times over. But you have their fucktarded base that keeps electing these idiots into office because they buy into the dumbshit they spew. It's infuriating to be honest.

Yep. So you give credit to the GOP instead of Obama and the Dems. Figures.

Not giving them credit. I'm saying if they were intelligent, they could have accomplished a lot for their agenda with assists from Obama. Tells a couple things

- House Republicans have little interest in advancing their agenda by traditional means. They just want all-or-nothing fantasy solutions which ultimately give them an opportunity not to do anything hard

-McConnell and senate republicans must have been shaking their heads for the last two years, given how many deals have been scuttled by House bullshit (such as the Farm bill)

Not giving them credit. I'm saying if they were intelligent, they could have accomplished a lot for their agenda with assists from Obama. Tells a couple things

- House Republicans have little interest in advancing their agenda by traditional means. They just want all-or-nothing fantasy solutions which ultimately give them an opportunity not to do anything hard

-McConnell and senate republicans must have been shaking their heads for the last two years, given how many deals have been scuttled by House bullshit (such as the of Farm bill)

And perhaps Obama understands this GOP. He understands that him being willing to give in here or there still wont get the GOP on board. Being willing to give in on SS and STILL having the GOP say no only hurts their cause at the end of the day. Polls show this.

"top conservatives on twitter" lol

It's interesting reading it. Seems like the younger, more computer literate far right wingers don't like Fox. I guess it makes sense in the sense that Fox doesn't really have a Rachel Maddow - a young movement conservative star. Just a bunch of old conservatives on Fox, all of whom lied to their audience about Romney having a 100% of winning the election.

They are pissed at fox because of the anti ron paul coverage during the primaries. I have a lot of conservative friends that were reliable fox viewers and would faithfully recite their garbage 24/7, but once the primary kicked into gear they saw fox for what it is: an authoritarian, corrupt media organization only concerned about electing romney.

I couldnt believe their 180 but their for paul outstripped whatever loyalty they had

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Was Fox anti-Santorum? I don't remember. Did they really want to elect Romney or was it just anyone who would kowtow?

Erickson...it's like he forgot what happened in November. The country rejected the conservative platform; and let's not forget House dems got 1mil more votes, and only didn't retake the House because of gerrymandering. So republicans lost on nearly every level of voting. Doubling down on insanity will only make them worse

I'm guessing 2014 will be full of hotly contested, expensive House races between republicans and extremist challengers. I don't believe retaking the House is possible due to gerrymandering, but the margin of House control might decline due to these crazy candidates. Just need the economy to improve.

thekad

Banned
What did the Democrats/Obama get for conceding on tax rates? Was that lost revenue replaced with the elimination of tax breaks and loopholes?

Amir0x

Banned
God at this C-Span caller is the most blatantly racist crazy bitch I've ever heard get through the call line

She hit all the points too

1. WHERE IS BIRTH CERTIFICATE?? No one ever saw it!
2. This guy has no education to be president! (I bet this crazy bitch dropped out of high school)
3. Black people are just wellfare moochers. I had 7 black people working with me and there are only 3 left and they all collect wellfare and are lazy and don't care if they lose their job or not lololol

I bet if CSPAN didn't cut her call she would have said that at least the hispanics have the self-respect to be quiet when they're cleaning up after white people in their service jobs unlike those uppity black people

What did the Democrats/Obama get for conceding on tax rates? Was that lost revenue replaced with the elimination of tax breaks and loopholes?
Extension of ue benefits, GOP conceded to raise in capital gains, dividends, phaseout and cap on itemized deductions plus raise on estate tax rate (this was more of a push).

Mainly ue

RDreamer

Was looking at some of the #tcot stuff on twitter again, and I feel like I'm in bizarro land right now. Conservatives are pissed about extending tax credits and cuts to businesses that might keep jobs here? I thought fucking with the tax code to kiss the ass of any business that wanted to come in here was kind of their thing. #noneofthismakessense

pigeon

Banned

Yes. There was basically no lost revenue, probably less than the additional spending in continued stimulus.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's great that Republicans are going to have to agree to this, and then the party will eat itself from the inside. Where's my popcorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom