• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not the only reason. He supports racial profiling of Muslims. He is boneheaded to the point of unreasonable when it comes to religion.

He hates all religions.

I like and hate bill at the same time. His show is great but the guy can be the biggest dick in the world.

Byyyh12IMAAT6Kx.png:large

Bill Maher is a unsufferable twat and Obama's waterboy. Glad to see Glenn Greenwald kick his ass on his show. It was satisfying to watch.

His latest monologue on the Muslim world was annoying as hell. I get it Bill, hell I even agree with you on many points, but shit he's treating the religion like some sort of disease like ebola.

You just don't like him because he hammers on the crazy aspects of Islam.
and anti-vaccinations
and anti-GMOs
and blindly supports Israel
and supports NSA programs

I mean a like the guy but he is a bit annoying at times.

His latest monologue on the Muslim world was annoying as hell. I get it Bill, hell I even agree with you on many points, but shit he's treating the religion like some sort of disease like ebola.

and anti-vaccinations
and anti-GMOs
and supports NSA programs

I mean a like the guy but he is a bit annoying at times.
I thought he took back the anti-vaccine stuff

His latest monologue on the Muslim world was annoying as hell.

I loved it. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDFrNQAjDYA

and anti-vaccinations

He hasn't done that for years. He is a person willing to change views upon learning more.

and anti-GMOs

He just supports labeling. Nothing wrong with that . . . I'd continue buying the stuff.

Definitely supports Israel but hardly blindly . . . he hammers them a lot too. And even hammered an atheist group in the rant linked to above.

Bad news for Kay Hagan

All categories of registered voters are substantially ahead of their 2010 numbers, but again, it is the Democratic registered voters who are substantially ahead of their own 2010 numbers and ahead of Republican-registered voters, who were leading at this point in 2010.

It's been now a week now, and the trends continue in mail-in ballots that we have been seeing, which leads me to start to be more convinced that the Democratic ground-game has seen a substantial amount of energy and enthusiasm, whether done through operations like the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee's focus to organize on the ground or through the sheer enthusiasm by average Democratic voters.

As of this date, with five weeks to go to the big day, this trend is too noticeable not to be taken seriously by all campaigns.

PPP's Iowa poll is out, Ernst is only up 2. Everyone step away from the ledge, Braley can still win this.

Amir0x

Banned
Mitt Romney plz

After months of insisting he was not interested in running for president again, Mitt Romney now says he's keeping the door open.

“We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race,” the 2012 Republican nominee told the New York Times Magazine when he was asked about the possibility of seeking the nomination in 2016. “We’ll see what happens.”

lmfao

Crisco

Banned
Bill Maher hates all religion equally, he's not singling out Islam. But that's not a Christian or Buddhist extremist group over there beheading people and trying to institute a 13th century state. Singling out Muslims for their uniquely violent and archaic behavior is just calling a spade a spade.

Bad news for Kay Hagan

PPP's Iowa poll is out, Ernst is only up 2. Everyone step away from the ledge, Braley can still win this.

Right now the hope is that the likely voter models is underrepresenting Dems. I'm not going to sit here and "unskew polls," but the last 2 midterms, including the GOP 2010 wave, underrepresenting Dems by an average of 2 points. And Senate polls on average are 5 points off.

Now, I'd also expect (and hope) these polling firms are getting better at their jobs but this isn't like a presidential election. Midterms are harder and while I would never say "R up 1, therefore Dems really leading," hopefully they are still underestimating the Democrat vote.

We'll see.

Bill Maher hates all religion equally, he's not singling out Islam. But that's not a Christian or Buddhist extremist group over there beheading people and trying to institute a 13th century state. Singling out Muslims for their uniquely violent and archaic behavior is just calling a spade a spade.
Bill Maher does not just single out Muslims for terrorism. He paints the entire faith and its 1.5 billion adherants as the same as the terrorists. He has called for racial profiling of Muslims at airports. Most of the tips aggainst domestic terrorists come from the Muslim communities and mosques in US. Everyone remembers the time square wannabe bomber Faisal shahzad, but no one remembers Aliune Niasse a senegalese Muslim vendor who noticed the smoke from the SUV and alerted the police.

Amir0x

Banned
It's good when we get 125 prominent Muslim scholars coming out against ISIS. The problem I feel is the examples we have of Islamic countries as they exist now are quite poor. Most of these countries are hotbeds of regressive politics and human rights violations, and the natural thought that follows that is "if this is what happens when a country is predominately Islamic, what does that say about the faith?" Turkey is one of the few exceptions as one that introduced secularism, and even that country has serious problems.

Yes, every country is guilty of sins; but not necessarily equally.

However, I'm of the opinion that Islam alone isn't at fault. All religion is fucking horrible, it's just that Islam right now in its popular political forms seems to be stuck in the 15th century. Christianity went through long periods of that too in terms of political power, but that slowly evolved into the modern age. It seems Islam has to go through that now, and I am of the opinion we do need to therefore push Islam harder than the other major religions due to how assbackwards these countries are.

Crisco

Banned
Bill Maher does not just single out Muslims for terrorism. He paints the entire faith and its 1.5 billion adherants as the same as the terrorists. He has called for racial profiling of Muslims at airports. Most of the tips aggainst domestic terrorists come from the Muslim communities and mosques in US. Everyone remembers the time square wannabe bomber Faisal shahzad, but no one remembers Aliune Niasse a senegalese Muslim vendor who noticed the smoke from the SUV and alerted the police.

The same as terrorists? Nah, but a good number of them are sympathetic to their stated goals and the idea of a state governed by Sharia law. As for racial profiling, what are you going to do? Check the shoes and tap the phones of 80 year old white grandmas? No, you target the people most likely to be terrorists, namely younger Arab males. I know what I look like when I don't shave, I don't blame airport security one bit for wanting to check my shoes. It's not racial profiling so much as selective allocation of limited resources.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The same as terrorists? Nah, but a good number of them are sympathetic to their stated goals and the idea of a state governed by Sharia law. As for racial profiling, what are you going to do? Check the shoes and tap the phones of 80 year old white grandmas? No, you target the people most likely to be terrorists, namely younger Arab males. I know what I look like when I don't shave, I don't blame airport security one bit for wanting to check my shoes. It's not racial profiling so much as selective allocation of limited resources.

You sound like an Arizona Republican defending the laws allowing cops to profile.

Are you sure you want to defend racial profiling. Think carefully about "selective allocation of limited resources" before answering.

Profiling is real and logical. Cops give physical descriptions of suspects all the time. They don't stop people that don't fit the description.

The problem is when that descriptions becomes so broad and isn't in relation to an actual threat where certain characteristics that have nothing to do with the threat are included. That why racial profiling and religious profiling are so dangerous and counter productive.

Its not racial or religious profiling to target people going to jihadi websites are posting about how its justified to commit terrorism. But there is no logical or rational connection between beared islamic looking guy and terrorism even if the majority of terrorists had beards and were brown (they're not by the way, look at the 9/11 attackers) it offers no predictive value. If he's got no return ticket and has a heavy coat that's different but then you're targeting him for that not being islamic.

There are specific warning signs that are exclusive to Islam but that's a far cry from saying bearded dude should be stopped.

The rationalization of racial profiling and religious profiling are products of the human mind being horrible at actual statistics and math and finding 'shortcuts' that make 'common sense' but don't improve any security.

There's a reason why the justice department is banning the practice, and its not just because of accusations of racism.

Eh. I think a majority of Muslims (and Christians) have views I would deem repulsive, and while it's true a large percentage of Muslims are sympathetic to very ugly views I don't support broad profiling. I'm black, how could I cosign that shit, having dealt with it for years.

However I don't think it's profiling to target some guy who has a one way ticket, or to target someone who leaves a bag in a public place, etc. Regardless of color or religion.

How was Braley's debate performance? And are the Dems planning a massive ad buy for October?

The Dems could still win Iowa like they won North Dakota in 2012, but Braley and the Iowa Dems need to bust their asses every day from now to election day.
Braley did fine in the debate. I think he could have been more aggressive in calling out Ernst for her far right positions, but female Republicans have a tendency to play the victim card whenever they're called out on bullshit so maybe his approach was better.

Ernst is spending more on ads now, but Democrats in most states (not just Iowa) have been buying more ad time in October, and by a hefty margin as well. We saw this in 2012 also where Obama and DSCC were smarter with their ad dollars than Republicans were.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Paging Magnesium Chloride to defend this.

I saw MgCl2 projected in the clouds and knew that I was needed. We've already discussed the questions involved in these cases extensively, so I see no need to rehash the arguments. (Plus, it's just a district court; things'll only get interesting if the 10th Cir. affirms.)

But, to add something to the current discussion, I'll note that this judge solves the Chevron question at step 1 as follows:

Pruitt said:
At the first step of the Chevron analysis, the court asks "whether Congress has directly spoken to the precise question at issue." . . . On this particular "precise question," however, case law does not provide "wiggle room" for finding ambiguity. This is because tax credits must be expressed in "clear and unambiguous language."

SAUL ALINSKY!!!!!

A 23-year-old Hillary Clinton was living in Berkeley, California, in the summer of 1971. She was interning at the left-wing law firm Treuhaft, Walker and Burnstein, known for its radical politics and a client roster that included Black Panthers and other militants.

On July 8, 1971, Clinton reached out to Alinsky, then 62, in a letter sent via airmail, paid for with stamps featuring Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and marked “Personal.”

“Dear Saul,” she began. “When is that new book [Rules for Radicals] coming out-or has it come and I somehow missed the fulfillment of Revelation?”

“I have just had my one-thousandth conversation about Reveille [for Radicals] and need some new material to throw at people,” she added, a reference to Alinsky’s 1946 book on his theories of community organizing.

lol

As I've mentioned Dem spending is ramping up in the last month of the Senate campaigns. Here's info in graph form:

By0Ro7pIUAA_aOM.png

It appears Dems are abandoning Kentucky while the GOP is abandoning Michigan. The only other state where the GOP is outspending the Democrats is Colorado by a 52-48 margin.

If you want to see something nuts though, look at Georgia. A 75-25 Dem advantage! The polls are more or less tied and it'd be great if Nunn could win.

As I've mentioned Dem spending is ramping up in the last month of the Senate campaigns. Here's info in graph form:

By0Ro7pIUAA_aOM.png

It appears Dems are abandoning Kentucky while the GOP is abandoning Michigan. The only other state where the GOP is outspending the Democrats is Colorado by a 52-48 margin.

If you want to see something nuts though, look at Georgia. A 75-25 Dem advantage! The polls are more or less tied and it'd be great if Nunn could win.

Outside money

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Breaking news, guys. Romney says if he knew he was being secretly recorded, he would have acted way differently:

“My mistake was that I was speaking in a way that reflected back to the man,” Romney said. “If I had been able to see the camera, I would have remembered that I was talking to the whole world, not just the man.”

Can we talk about the fact that the first real obama scandal is going to force the GOP to talk about how much they want to protect their sworn enemy. I love seeing them talk about how much they care about he president's safety.

Breaking news, guys. Romney says if he knew he was being secretly recorded, he would have acted way differently:

braley I'm sure feels the same

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Can we talk about the fact that the first real obama scandal is going to force the GOP to talk about how much they want to protect their sworn enemy. I love seeing them talk about how much they care about he president's safety.

I'm surprised they're actually mad at that dude. You would think the House would have awarded him the congressional medal of freedom for a failed, though valiant effort.

I'm going to give senate/congressional republicans the benefit of the doubt and say they don't want to see the president of the United States hurt, and sure as hell don't want to see the country erupt if something like that did happen. Let's be real.

It's baffling that he seems complacent with his fucking life and his family. I still think a president is quite safe when roaming in public events but that elevator story is shocking. Personally I don't think he would have been able to pull his gun and do any damage, but the threat alone is troubling. The intruder story is more of an issue to me, plus the 2011 shooting incident. Getting rid of the chief Secret Service person isn't enough. It's time to drop a bomb on the leadership and revamp things. Even if it means Obama has to hold off on doing events until things are settled, it would be worth it.

Maybe that's why Michelle is allegedly not a happy camper right now. Something needs to be done, and this "no drama/don't overreact/wait until the last minute" shit needs to be thrown out the window.

I'm going to give senate/congressional republicans the benefit of the doubt and say they don't want to see the president of the United States hurt, and sure as hell don't want to see the country erupt if something like that did happen. Let's be real.

It's baffling that he seems complacent with his fucking life and his family. I still think a president is quite safe when roaming in public events but that elevator story is shocking. Personally I don't think he would have been able to pull his gun and do any damage, but the threat alone is troubling. The intruder story is more of an issue to me, plus the 2011 shooting incident. Getting rid of the chief Secret Service person isn't enough. It's time to drop a bomb on the leadership and revamp things. Even if it means Obama has to hold off on doing events until things are settled, it would be worth it.

Maybe that's why Michelle is allegedly not a happy camper right now.
Something needs to be done, and this "no drama/don't overreact/wait until the last minute" shit needs to be thrown out the window.

lol

kehs

Banned
Mayor Daniel Crespo of Bell Gardens, California was shot dead on Tuesday, a representative for the city has confirmed to NBC.

Crespo was shot three times in his home and later pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Crespo and his 19-year-old son were engaged in a dispute that became physical, the Lieutenant Sheriff’s Department told NBC. Crespo’s wife then produced a handgun and shot her husband three times in the upper torso. Crespo was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.

Crespo’s wife was detained by the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department. His son gave himself up voluntarily to the Bell Gardens Police Department.

Bell Gardens is located approximately 10 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles.

According to the city’s website, Crespo relocated from from New York City to Bell Gardens in 1987 and was elected to the city council in 2001.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/bell-gar...crespo-shot?cid=sm_m_main_1_20141001_32624486

Wilsongt

Ben Carson needs to shut the fuck up. Any credibility he had a neurosurgeon. is completely obliterated.

Dr. Ben Carson spoke at the National Security Action Summit yesterday, and decried proposed changes to AP History curriculum as painting America in so horrible a light, students would “be ready to go sign up for ISIS.”

Carson said that today’s AP History classes deemphasize or just barely refer to great Americans like George Washington or Martin Luther King, Jr., while there are whole sections on atrocities like slavery, Japanese internment, and the slaughter of Native Americans.

Carson said emphasizing on how evil America is just sends a bad message to students:

“I think most people, when they finish that course, they’d be ready to go sign up for ISIS. I mean, this is what we’re doing to the young people in our nation, and we have got to stop the silliness.”

I went through AP history over 10 years ago. o noz guess I need to leave the country and go fight for ISIS.

zargle

By0Ro7pIUAA_aOM.png

The attack ads on Grimes have been going nonstop for the last couple months and yet I still have noticed an evident uptick in their presence the last few days/weeks.

I went through AP history over 10 years ago. o noz guess I need to leave the country and go fight for ISIS.

You went through when the people who know the truth about America's greatness were in charge and teaching, not these hippy communists who teach now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom