• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 406

Banned
I knew a guy back in college who blinked that frequently all the time, but every time it was also like a hard blink, where the eyelid crinkles up.

It's a symptom of the problem. The Bernstans have, through words and actions, written off every single person who doesn't worship the ground Bernie walks on. The media is bad. Moderates are bad. Hillary supporters are bad. Pollsters are bad. The only people who aren't completely stupid are the 25-30% of people that support Bernie. It's...it's quite impressive. There are no attempts to woo supporters. It's only yelling at us for being corporate oligarchs who want to nuke the Middle East.

So, Bernie can have his glorious revolution by refusing to support anyone with a D behind their name. Had Bernie raised money for down ballot Democrats, we'd have heard what a benevolent and amazingly shrewd politician he is. That this is what a revolution looks like. I remember in 2007, when I was contacted by Obama supporters, They never pulled this kind of stuff. Heck, we were taking people to the polls that legitimately told us they weren't voting for Obama in the General. This is just...is it March, yet? Please?

NeoXChaos

hilarious

Given the paucity of new voter registration numbers from the early primary states,

Given that major polling is yet to be done in the wake of Datagate, it is all but certain Sanders' campaign is imploding.

I am sorry he was not a better candidate.

Thank you. I will continue to share my opinions on this site. The Democratic Party is one of those things I consider worth fighting for. Undoubtedly, some of you will disagree with me again. That is the nature of democratic (small “d”) debate.

Thank you again. Let’s have a Democratic wave year!

params7

Banned
So, sexual assault. He's been accused of groping and exposing himself to women. There are multiple examples of him having sexual relations with women who worked for or under him.

Doesn't even matter if its true or not, Trump is going to blow the scandals so open it will feel like the 90s again. And if they did happen and a reinvestigation happens its only for the better.

Its not like the left didn't try the strategy on Trump last year though it didn't stick.

None of this is new. Every allegation against Clinton was thoroughly exhausted in the 90s, and I mean thoroughly.

Some righties are trying to concern-troll by piggybacking on the Cosby story like they're remotely equivalent.

NeoXChaos

CX6qFsQWwAADnBu.jpg:large

Trump Rally in Lowell, MA

Polari

Big Dawg gets deployed this week so we'll probably see the Bill Clinton v.s. Trump rumble dominate the media too.

Yup. Now that we're in crunch time, Bill is out to reel Trump in.

I don't think so. It gives Trump more oxygen, and if the Clintons have any sense they'll want him out of the race as soon as possible. Hilary will probably beat him comfortably if he gets the nomination but he's an unknown quantity and therefore a riskier proposition than any of the other Republicans, none of whom stand a chance. Plus, she's the most establishment candidate imaginable and voted for the Iraq war, two things Trump is uniquely placed to hit her on.

Also Bill's record of abuse doesn't look good in the current climate. It could destroy both his legacy and her presidential hopes if the narrative runs against them.

Campaign says Bush was 'mistaken' about NRA award
Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) Jeb Bush loves talking about how Moses once gave him a gun.

A staunch supporter of Second Amendment rights, Bush frequently tells the story of being honored as National Rifle Association "Statesman of the Year" and being awarded a gun by Charlton Heston.

"You know who you're lookin' at here? You're looking at the guy who won the NRA Statesman of the Year award," Bush said last month at a town hall in Milford, New Hampshire. "Not the Florida award. The national award. And I got a rifle from Charlton Heston, I got a rifle from Moses."

It's a similar story he's repeated as recently as Sunday in an interview with Fox News. He told it three other times in late December in New Hampshire -- and in South Carolina in September and in Iowa in October. It's embedded in his answer when he's asked about gun control.

But it appears that story didn't exactly happen, in a revelation first reported by BuzzFeed News.

Tim Miller, communications director for Bush's campaign, said in a statement that Bush "was mistaken and conflated multiple events unintentionally."
9DcxXJy.gif

Doesn't even matter if its true or not, Trump is going to blow the scandals so open it will feel like the 90s again. And if they did happen and a reinvestigation happens its only for the better.

Its not like the left didn't try the strategy on Trump last year though it didn't stick.

He will and it will probably help in the primary but this is just going to push away female voters. You think women like seeing HRC attacked based on what her husband may have done 30 years ago?

Trump's probably a Pats fan.

It all makes sense.

Let's not talk about the NFL when we have what "they" are doing Adam..

Adam.. If they hire Chip.. I want you know that i am going to buy stocks in liquor companies because you're going to make me rich man.

The money will ease the pain when you die of cirrhosis.

Damn Jets.. I needed you to win so badly.. Damn it.

I guess Trump's a giants fan?

Cerium

Trump: Jets losing because owner backs Bush

Donald Trump is tying the New York Jets' failure to make the NFL playoffs to the team’s owner’s involvement with the Jeb Bush campaign.

“Woody Johnson, owner of the NYJets, is @JebBush’s finance chairman. If Woody would’ve been w/me, he would’ve been in the playoffs, at least!”
Trump tweeted Monday. On Sunday, the team lost its opportunity to go to the playoffs when it was defeated by the Buffalo Bills by the score of 22-17. With the Jets' loss and the Pittsburgh Steelers' win over the Cleveland Browns, the Steelers advanced and the Jets' season came to an end.

Johnson, a prominent Republican fundraiser and pharmaceutical heir with an estimated net worth in the low billions, serves as the national finance chairman for the Bush campaign. His decision last February to back Bush over Chris Christie was a blow to the New Jersey governor's then-fledgling presidential run.

It's a symptom of the problem. The Bernstans have, through words and actions, written off every single person who doesn't worship the ground Bernie walks on. The media is bad. Moderates are bad. Hillary supporters are bad. Pollsters are bad. The only people who aren't completely stupid are the 25-30% of people that support Bernie. It's...it's quite impressive. There are no attempts to woo supporters. It's only yelling at us for being corporate oligarchs who want to nuke the Middle East.

So, Bernie can have his glorious revolution by refusing to support anyone with a D behind their name. Had Bernie raised money for down ballot Democrats, we'd have heard what a benevolent and amazingly shrewd politician he is. That this is what a revolution looks like. I remember in 2007, when I was contacted by Obama supporters, They never pulled this kind of stuff. Heck, we were taking people to the polls that legitimately told us they weren't voting for Obama in the General. This is just...is it March, yet? Please?

And what, pray tell, is wrong with Bernie first securing Hillary's likely permanent retirement (after she fails to win the nomination, again), and then, his campaign will surely lend a hand, to raise funds for the Democratic party as a whole? Can you, hand on heart (no fibbing now), honesty say that this isn't the right strategy for Bernie's campaign, and, in fact, the funds raised by Hillary for the party, at this stage, are just a convenient, yet hollow, stick to beat him with?

NeoXChaos

Daniel B·;191265698 said:
And what, pray tell, is wrong with Bernie first securing Hillary's likely permanent retirement (after she fails to win the nomination, again), and then, his campaign will surely lend a hand, to raise funds for the Democratic party as a whole? Can you, hand on heart (no fibbing now), honesty say that this isn't the right strategy for Bernie's campaign, and, in fact, the funds raised by Hillary for the party, at this stage, are just a convenient, yet hollow, stick to beat him with?

bold statements Daniel. Come back to me in 24 weeks when Hillary crushes Bernie in IA, NH, SC, NV, AR, TX, GA, MA, MD, OH, TN, KS, ND, SD, CA, PA, DE, NY, LA, MS, AL, FL, ND, SD, CO, IN, MI, MN, ID, CT, NC, SC, AZ, UT, ID, ME, MO, WI, WA, OR, OK, KY, WY, NM, WV, VA, NV, NE.

Hillary will win 49 states. I'll wear a Bernie avatar until the convention if that does not happen

Serious Answer: He going to need all the money he can get. Yes that eventually means having a SuperPAC. The honeymoon from Switzerland defense machine does not pay for itself.

Yes, it is the wrong strategy. President Obama, in 2007, was raising money for the DNC during the primary season. It's how you freaking get your agenda passed. I know you like to think that Bernie will just magically make everything happen. He won't.

He should be helping to raise money for the party that he supposedly wants to lead (He says laughing). There are already doubts within the party whether or not he's actually committed to being a Democrat. This is the man who wanted to primary a setting Democratic President. This is the man who has essentially zero Super Delegates. The man who doesn't have a single Senator endorsement. The governor of his state didn't even endorse him! Raising anything for the party would have been a way for him to show "See? I can do this too! I'm committed to the Party!"

And that "hollow stick" as you called it is the reason Bernie does terribly among actual Democrats. Because we know how important that hollow stick actually is. It's why the Iowa volunteers were ticked when he and his groupies walked out of the JJ Dinner. It's why Democrats are still ticked off he's STILL suing the DNC for some asinine reason. The fact that Hillary Clinton has been there, through thick and thin, for the party is why she will win. It is one of the biggest reasons she will win.

Well, that and Bernie's just not what most Democrats, let alone Americans, want.

pigeon

Banned

Wait, what?

If Bernie is campaigning to become President, it's absolutely the right strategy for him to raise money for the DNC. To become President he has to win the nomination, and when he does so, the DNC money will be used to support him.

For the record, I'm bummed by the Hillary/Bernie conflict that this thread has mostly turned into, since, again, the primary goal is to elect somebody who will protect Obama's achievements and continue advancing progressive causes, regardless of who that is. But I don't think I understand your post here.

bold statements Daniel. Come back to me in 24 weeks when Hillary crushes Bernie in IA, NH, SC, NV, AR, TX, GA, MA, MD, OH, TN, KS, ND, SD, CA, PA, DE, NY, LA, MS, AL, FL, ND, SD, CO, IN, MI, MN, ID, CT, NC, SC, AZ, UT, ID, ME, MO, WI, WA, OR, OK, KY, WY, NM, WV, VA, NV, NE.

Hillary will win 49 states. I'll wear a Bernie avatar until the convention if that does not happen

Not long now to discover the way the wind is really blowing, with Iowa landing on Feb 1st. At roughly what time of the day will we get the final result?

I see that Bernie's gained another two points on Bet365, in the GE (17.0; I won't mention that his nomination odds lengthened by a point (wat?) - oh, wait ;) ),

Of course, with his biggest fan (me ;) ) residing in VA, Bernie can rest easy on that front ;) (I might possibly be overdoing the ;)'s in this post, but what the hell).

But he's not talking about seizing oil fields as a means to defeating ISIS, he's talking about oil as loot. It's the same as his previous complaint about the Iraq war, where he said, “if we’re going to leave, take the oil.". It's a preposterously simplistic view of things. It isn't even as sophisticated a thought as conquering the area to produce resources for us, which is also extinction-level stupid.

Basically, why should we grind Middle Eastern countries if we don't get any sweet drops?

That's why I'm trying to figure out the Donald Trump logic of taking oil from ISIS when there's no reason to .

So much pheonixdark hate :O
bet it was his opinions on obama's foreign policy that has so many jimmies rustled.

2U8rAGo.jpg

Sound the cerium alarm
Om8tHG5.png
2waEI0l.png
KzWbyfd.png

Yes, it is the wrong strategy. President Obama, in 2007, was raising money for the DNC during the primary season. It's how you freaking get your agenda passed. I know you like to think that Bernie will just magically make everything happen. He won't.

Simply wrong; it's not primarily the Democratic candidates he needs to convince, at this point, it's the American people, and he's making great strides on that front. Sure, he would welcome more endorsements, but that looks like it was never on the cards.

He should be helping to raise money for the party that he supposedly wants to lead (He says laughing). There are already doubts within the party whether or not he's actually committed to being a Democrat. This is the man who wanted to primary a setting Democratic President. This is the man who has essentially zero Super Delegates. The man who doesn't have a single Senator endorsement. The governor of his state didn't even endorse him! Raising anything for the party would have been a way for him to show "See? I can do this too! I'm committed to the Party!"

My implied question was; apart from demonstrating his commitment to the party, is it really absolutely essential that he raise money for the DNC, before the nomination?

And that "hollow stick" as you called it is the reason Bernie does terribly among actual Democrats. Because we know how important that hollow stick actually is. It's why the Iowa volunteers were ticked when he and his groupies walked out of the JJ Dinner. It's why Democrats are still ticked off he's STILL suing the DNC for some asinine reason. The fact that Hillary Clinton has been there, through thick and thin, for the party is why she will win. It is one of the biggest reasons she will win.

Well, that and Bernie's just not what most Democrats, let alone Americans, want.

Right.

Wait, what?

If Bernie is campaigning to become President, it's absolutely the right strategy for him to raise money for the DNC. To become President he has to win the nomination, and when he does so, the DNC money will be used to support him.

For the record, I'm bummed by the Hillary/Bernie conflict that this thread has mostly turned into, since, again, the primary goal is to elect somebody who will protect Obama's achievements and continue advancing progressive causes, regardless of who that is. But I don't think I understand your post here.

Really, when their campaigns are like chalk and cheese? You are absolutely right that Hillary would be a continuation of Obama's policies (does anyone really believe she wouldn't let TPP slide?). If Bernie wins big, he would make the "Democratic" in the party name actually mean something, and the party would once again start to truly represent the needs of everyday Americans.

What's wrong with "because it's worth money and America needs money?"

But it might cost more money because we would have to build a base somewhere in Syria to get the oil while fighting ISIS, other jihadists, and possible the government and other locals( you because we are like taking the only source of revenue for some of this people) just to get oil we and the Russians already bombed the infrastructure of. Who is going to rebuild the bombed to crap oil infrastructure? I guess he going to use Arab slave labor or the former slaves of ISIS to do it. Better yet after he massacres ISIS he can use the surviving family members of ISIS as slave labor.

Daniel B·;191269253 said:
Simply wrong; it's not primarily the Democratic candidates he needs to convince, at this point, it's the American people, and he's making great strides on that front. Sure, he would welcome more endorsements, but that looks like it was never on the cards.

And you've put your finger on the problem: It was never in the cards for him. He needed to court endorsements from people. But he hasn't. Not because their name is on a press release, but because of what an endorsement means. Ask President Obama if Teddy's endorsement didn't go a long way towards helping him secure the nomination. Endorsements translates to ground game. Senators and CongressCritters know their voters. They know them in a way a national candidate simply can't. They know how and where to target. They have the donors. They have the information that helps you be effective. This is why endorsements matter.

And Bernie absolutely has to convince Democratic law makers to support him. You'd think that there would be someone in the Senate who would think he's the best choice for President. His great friend, and my senator, Sherrod Brown, hasn't. The only way he gets anything done is by getting the support of Democratic lawmakers AND helping elect new Democrats. So far, he's done neither.

Where are his allies in the House and Senate who will help a fictitious President Sanders?

My implied question was; apart from demonstrating his commitment to the party, is it really absolutely essential that he raise money for the DNC, before the nomination?

Yes! It is. Absolutely. Supposedly he has this great movement, right? But, as of now, it's not a revolution, it's a personality cult. Some of his supporters love him and everyone else who isn't just like him is unimportant. Why would the local Democratic party people raise a finger to help him when he hasn't done the same. He hasn't helped us raise funds in other elections. I haven't seen him on the stump for down ballot people. He's using the party to benefit himself, and feigning shock when we're not jumping at the bit to help him? Naw, mane.

The DNC didn't stonewall Obama every step of the way and pretend he wasn't even a candidate. DWS et all have done their best to ensure Hillary is the only person people think of when it comes to the Democratic Nomnation. Even if you justify the number of debates considering the number of candidates the dates/times of the debates are indefensibly bad. The DNC has been borderline hostile towards Bernie because he has managed to run a campaign they never wanted against their chosen candidate and distract from her leisurely stroll into the highest office in the land.

Also, Bernie doesn't do terribly among "actual Democrats" (whatever the fuck that means) they just don't think he has a chance of winning (despite H2H polls now favoring him over people like Trump by a greater margin than Clinton) and think of Hillary as the best least terrible shot to ensure the Democrats hold the White House. You provided a ton of anecdotal reasoning to make a bold claim that Bernie somehow has fallen out with the people he wants to vote for him.

Last I checked Democrats were smarter than to just blindly vote for the "party candidate" for the sake of some bullshit comradery. You should vote for the person that most represents your values, not the on that kisses the most DNC\RNC ass.

Holmes

MqvBwjJ.gif

The DNC didn't stonewall Obama every step of the way and pretend he wasn't even a candidate. DWS et all have done their best to ensure Hillary is the only person people think of when it comes to the Democratic Nomnation. Even if you justify the number of debates considering the number of candidates the dates/times of the debates are indefensibly bad. The DNC has been borderline hostile towards Bernie because he has managed to run a campaign they never wanted against their chosen candidate and distract from her leisurely stroll into the highest office in the land.

I won't defend DWS, because I don't like her as DNC chair. However, she's what we have right now. It's in Bernie's best interest to play nice. He doesn't need to still be suing the DNC. And, again, maybe Bernie should have been trying to develop a relationship with the DNC for the last few years if he really wanted to run for President as a Democrat. I don't understand why that's so shocking...that the party doesn't support the guy who hasn't been a part of the party until it suited him. Bernie hasn't moved the needle with any of the debates we've had thus far, I don't see how more would have helped them, when debating is something Hillary is great at.

Also, Bernie doesn't do terribly among "actual Democrats" (whatever the fuck that means) they just don't think he has a chance of winning (despite H2H polls now favoring him over people like Trump by a greater margin than Clinton) and think of Hillary as the best least terrible shot to ensure the Democrats hold the White House. You provided a ton of anecdotal reasoning to make a bold claim that Bernie somehow has fallen out with the people he wants to vote for him.

As to what I meant by "actual" Democrats, there was a poll out of NH that broke down support by "Democrat" and "Independent" who was voting in the Democratic primary. Bernie was leading in the poll over all, but only because he got a chunk of the Independent vote. Hillary had a lead with actual Democrats. I'm looking for the poll, and if I find it I'll post it in case you wanted to take a look.

Bernie hasn't fallen out with Democrats. He's never fallen in. That's the problem.

Last I checked Democrats were smarter than to just blindly vote for the "party candidate" for the sake of some bullshit comradery. You should vote for the person that most represents your values, not the on that kisses the most DNC\RNC ass.

It has nothing to do with comradery. It has to do with who can, not only win a primary, but win a General and govern effectively.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
He will and it will probably help in the primary but this is just going to push away female voters. You think women like seeing HRC attacked based on what her husband may have done 30 years ago?

The one and only time he seemed to reposition himself was when he was accused of sexism after Megan Kelly and Carly Fiorina incidents. I think he is legitimately worried about the white woman vote. Though I'm not sure if he knows how to not be sexist for months worth of 1v1 solely against another woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom