• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My trip last month to [mostly] Manhattan surprised me. I hadn't been since '07 and the previous 2 times were '05 and as a kid in I think '96.

I barely saw any homeless people. In fact, I had to walk around the city a bit just to give away my leftover food we couldn't keep (no fridge in our hotel).

NY still has the people who come on the Subway begging for money yet wearing brand new Nikes (I don't bother with these people) but the amount of actual homeless and destitute people in the city has plummeted by my personal experiences. Compared to 1996, Manhattan is almost a different city. I remember being told we couldn't go places at night back then!

over Xmas I couldn't even find them in most of midtown! Only near the Macy's did I find any homeless at all. The streets were very clean and you seriously had to look for the homeless to find them at that time.

When I say it's an issue I mean that rich dudes saw a homeless guy taking a nap on the street during the summer and blamed de Blasio. When the weather gets warm, ie when the city doesn't force them into shelters so they don't freeze to death, you'll see a handful on the side streets but it's far from a real issue.

Rich guys are just pissed that we stopped putting the homeless on busses and sending them to Jersey and are actually trying to fix the issue.

Hahahaha Trump's announcement of the big Palin endorsement quotes Cruz on how important a figure she is. Stay trolling Big Don.

Trump remains king troll, goddamn. He's just letting Cruz's soul burn real slow.

HylianTom

Banned
Chris Matthews just compared Palin and Trump to Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. And he called the way she campaigns "sexy."

I'm in tears. I have to leave work. Nayru protect me.

I think Palin has become a much better politician in these 8 years though. While she turned off some Reps last time, the tea party eats her up now.

Right, but this is for the general election, not the primaries. We're talking about a Trump-Palin ticket.

Pretty sure non-conservatives think she's a huge fucking moron.

enten-datalab-sarahpalin.png

Is this what people meant when gays can legally marry ? Palin endorses Trump and USA goes down in flaaaames?

Goddammit Adam387! !!!!!

Hahahah, all you losers out there didn't see our real agenda coming did ya?

Assless pants for everyone! We're changing the national anthem to "Believe" by Cher. I'm personally responsible for adding Judy's face to Mount Rushmore, flipping the White House to a charming B and B, and replacing the filibusterer with a lip sync for your life.

You people have been high on Trump for months. In less than 2 weeks you will either crash and burn or serve crow.

I can't wait for Jonathan Bernstein's article when Trump wins New Hampshire.

If people don't know who Bernstein is, he's a political scientist who has a column on Bloomberg. He subscribes to the belief that the party decides on its nominee and the voters just kind of fall in line. He's repeatedly written that Trump has no chance because the party will take him out. Hasn't happened yet and doesn't look likely to happen.

nukedeggs

Right, but this is for the general election, not the primaries. We're talking about a Trump-Palin ticket.

Pretty sure non-conservatives think she's a huge fucking moron.

enten-datalab-sarahpalin.png
She's just endorsing him, he's not announcing her as his VP, unless I missed something.

Anyways odds are this Palin thing isn't going to stick in short-memory voter minds by the time the general rolls around. We'll see though.

Iolo

I feel like the Palin endorsement may be a problem for Trump in nominating states down the road, if it is still tight by then. But maybe I underestimate the insanity of this year's electorate.

Hahahah, all you losers out there didn't see our real agenda coming did ya?

Assless pants for everyone! We're changing the national anthem to "Believe" by Cher. I'm personally responsible for adding Judy's face to Mount Rushmore, flipping the White House to a charming B and B, and replacing the filibusterer with a lip sync for your life.
😳😳😳😳😳😳......ok😢

I feel like the Palin endorsement may be a problem for Trump in nominating states down the road, if it is still tight by then. But maybe I underestimate the insanity of this year's electorate.
I mean maybe unless someone reminds those states of it with an attack ad down the road, I can't see it doing much damage. A lot of people might not even remember until Hillary storms him with ads in the general.

ivysaur12

Banned

Teggy

Yahoo puts this "Huffpost Teen" blog post on their front page

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arman...rat-_b_9001266.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Why I, a Liberal Democrat, Would Rather Vote for Donald Trump than Hillary Clinton

It is no secret that Donald Trump will destroy this country. His racist rhetoric and xenophobic antics will make him a pariah in the eyes of the international community. But the country can rebuild. Walls can be torn down and visas can be expedited. Odds are, majority of the legislature that Trump puts on the table won't even make it past congress. And while it is no secret that Donald Trump will destroy the country, Hillary Clinton will destroy the foundation of the country. Hillary Clinton is an embodiment of the Democratic establishment in its purest form. If Hillary Clinton becomes president, it will signify that the American people have no voice. Hillary Clinton's opponent, Bernie Sanders, garners the support of the American people.

Sadly, since the establishment will shove Hillary Clinton down the throats of the voters, all we're left with is Donald Trump. And while Donald Trump will unequivocally destroy the country, his election will make a statement. Donald Trump's election will show that we, the American people, choose our leaders, not the establishment. And in four years, when Bernie Sanders runs again, he will win. Then, the United States will truly see progress and change and Hillary Clinton will feel the Bern!

Armand Wolf
Currently applying to college with a devout interest in the state of our world

Yahoo are idiots
Huffpost are idiots
Kids are idiots

I think it's pretty clear that Bernie is going to win New Hampshire, but this is a fair caveat about that CNN poll:

They also have the number of undeclared voters who say they're going to vote in the Democratic Primary instead of the Republican one going from 38% to 48%. They don't release any breakdown among age groups, so you can't take a look at the crosstabs, unfortunately.

I think Bernie will win NH. Always have.

My sister is like this.. its fucking bizarre.

I've been blessed by a (gay) sister who is totally not stupid. She's way more mature than I was at her age (26). She just got her RN degree and I'm totally excited for her.

My brother's a racist (I guess prison does that to you) and he's also torn between Bernie and Trump.

Just FYI. Having equal rights as other human beings is not a "perk." Being able to love who you want to love, being able to be who you are on the inside, being able to walk along a street without assumptions being made about you, and having control over what happens to your own body are not perks.

I don't know that Peanut Butter vodka is a gay thing...I know it's an Adam thing. Jello shooters with Peanut Butter vodka is delicious.

I'm just saying that I thought I had all my bases covered. My favorite drink right now is homemade Moscow Mules, followed by Hendrick's Gin and Tonics.

Just FYI. Having equal rights as other human beings is not a "perk." Being able to love who you want to love, being able to be who you are on the inside, being able to walk along a street without assumptions being made about you, and having control over what happens to your own body are not perks.

No, I'm not saying that they are. I'm saying that Capitalism needs out-groups and it can play them against one another by taking them out or putting them in out-groups. To me, it's a simple matter of civil rights. It should be a no-brainer. Beyond that, though, Capitalism needs working class out-groups to keep the working class fragmented and it easily manipulates groups that have traditionally been ignored in other economic populist movements (such as African Americans in both the New Deal and the post-war economic boom).

Ariel Edwards-Levy ‏@aedwardslevy 16m16 minutes ago
Sanders lead, NH Dem polls since 1/1:
WMUR: +27
Monmouth: +14
Fox: +13
ARG: +6
Marist: +4
ARG: +3
PPP: -3

Apparently UNH is pretty wild in its polling (meaning the numbers bounce around a lot). Not that I'd throw it out, just mentioning it. truth is probably between last ARG and Fox.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Apparently UNH is pretty wild in its polling (meaning the numbers bounce around a lot). Not that I'd throw it out, just mentioning it. truth is probably between last ARG and Fox.
UNH has a B rating on 538, so not great, just good (like PPP).
oh Hillary why are you do so bad in NH? You won it last time.
New England advantage plus many white liberals, Bernie's strongest group (like me).
*That's actually you and bernie?
Yep! Met him back in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom