• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh look, more news today that republicans are coming around and will vote for Trump after all, regardless of all their rhetoric over the past few months.

As I've been saying for months: it will happen. These people will NEVER vote for Hillary.

Iolo

Oh look, more news today that republicans are coming around and will vote for Trump after all, regardless of all their rhetoric over the past few months.

As I've been saying for months: it will happen. These people will NEVER vote for Hillary.

Yep, all the talk of third party challenge is bullshit.

I think this movement risks dying with Bernie like Ron Paul and libertarianism.

Elizabeth Warren is kind of next in line, and she actually had more exposure and popularity going into 2015 than Bernie did. He's become the face of a more progressive movement but he's not the core of it. I wouldn't be surprised if after this the DNC starts backing some more progressive candidates for other positions (House seems perfect).

I think this movement risks dying with Bernie like Ron Paul and libertarianism.

Ron Paul never got the level of support Sanders has. His "movement" wont go away because he is just the political representation of a major political shift with millennials (liberal and conservatve, thats why you have so many ronpaulites invested in Sanders).

Did any of the people who were all "fucking Debbie, burying these debates!" ever respond when it was pointed out that 7:00 PM on Sunday is a really good TV timeslot and the debate got really good ratings? I just went through the feeds of some irritating Bernie Stans and I remembered that that was a talking point five days ago.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Did any of the people who were all "fucking Debbie, burying these debates!" ever respond when it was pointed out that 7:00 PM on Sunday is a really good TV timeslot and the debate got really good ratings? I just went through the feeds of some irritating Bernie Stans and I remembered that that was a talking point five days ago.
Yeah I read Sunday night is a good time slot. Doesn't excuse the other awful ones.

Zona

Donald Trump scares and turns off suburban whites, a voting bloc the Democrats needs to win back Congress. Ted Cruz, while hated, doesn't.

I'm starting to wonder if that's true, but I hope it's just my particular area and peer group.

Ted Cruz is a regional candidate that will struggle outside of deep red or rural areas, be it in the primary or a general election. I think it's very easy to envision him as a worse electoral disaster than Trump.

you know, the guy that wants to shut down the nsa, while the woman you probably support makes inneffectual mutterings about reforming the practices of mass surveillance of american citizens and compromising the liberties upon which our country was built rather than ending it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Guys, Trump can win a general election.

Cruz has almost zero shot. It isn't even close.

you know, the guy that wants to shut down the nsa, while the woman you probably support makes inneffectual mutterings about reforming the practices of mass surveillance of american citizens and compromising the liberties upon which our country was built rather than ending it.

I'm impressed that you managed to redirect that to a Hillary attack.

Heh. So my dad just told me he no longer supports Trump because of Palin's endorsement.

He's now fully on the Bernie train. His political views are so unorthodox.

Kangi

Heh. So my dad just told me he no longer supports Trump because of Palin's endorsement.

He's now fully on the Bernie train. His political views are so unorthodox.

My conservative father's suddenly a Hillary supporter. Apparently he couldn't even grasp what's going on with his party right now and just wants someone sane.

I think my mother's still cursing the fact that John Edwards isn't running.

NeoXChaos

CZNmZagWQAAntTm.jpg

My conservative father's suddenly a Hillary supporter. Apparently he couldn't even grasp what's going on with his party right now and just wants someone sane.

My dad is basically a racist democrat. He's a union member and he supports liberal economic policies, and he's very anti-war, but hes also fairly socially conservative and religious.

He doesn't like black people, hispanics, and muslims. He's against gay marriage, but doesn't care at all about abortion.

He likes Obama, strangely enough. Doesn’t care much for Hillary Clinton though.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Even though he cheated on his wife dying of cancer?

Makai

Elizabeth Warren is kind of next in line, and she actually had more exposure and popularity going into 2015 than Bernie did. He's become the face of a more progressive movement but he's not the core of it. I wouldn't be surprised if after this the DNC starts backing some more progressive candidates for other positions (House seems perfect).
Will be 71 in 2016. Why are Democrats flocking to all of these super old guys?

Yeah, I've been on the Kasich train since late last year. I don't think he'll win, of course, but I think he will emerge as the establishment survivor if he gets second in NH or third after Cruz.

What does survivor even mean if you need to look at a calendar to find the next state primary Kasich would be relevant in?

They all really hate Cruz, don't they? It's going to be hilarious when Trump becomes the "establishment" candidate.
Every one of them--every. one.--is going to cheerlead for Trump when he's nominated. Rush, Kristol, Prince Rebus, even his primary opponents, are all going to at the very least be trumpeting "He's better than Hillary." And Trump will make nice with the party, too. He's going to want to spend their money.

Yea I don't think Trump should have gone with Crazypants' endorsement. He was looking for a short-term Iowa victory (which he might get), but she's an albatross in other states. It just might weigh Trump down in other states. But then Trump campaign isn't particularly made up of geniuses. It entirely relies on Trump's crowd pull and showmanship. Some low level idiot probably thought it was a good idea.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've been on the Kasich train since late last year. I don't think he'll win, of course, but I think he will emerge as the establishment survivor if he gets second in NH or third after Cruz.

Only I, the sole predictor of Kasich getting the nomination, have the right to gloat at predicting his rise. But I will allow anyone to jump on the bandwagon if they want to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wKbdijaOwa_gPNJYrGktcaa9l2qRmKiUb0OAZ9Qw2J4/edit#gid=0

Also lol Jeb:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=190193652&highlight=kasich#post190193652

Are Rubio and Jeb going to stick around after fourth and fifth place finishes? Jeb has like five offices there.

Well I don't think any of them will do well if they lose NH, but Kasich and Christie seem to have the least national presence. I don't see how candidates banking on one state to turn around their fortunes survive if they don't win that state.

But then it looks like Trump is the only candidate with truly national appeal in these primaries, everyone else seems to be desperate to prevail in only certain areas.

Every one of them--every. one.--is going to cheerlead for Trump when he's nominated. Rush, Kristol, Prince Rebus, even his primary opponents, are all going to at the very least be trumpeting "He's better than Hillary." And Trump will make nice with the party, too. He's going to want to spend their money.

It's funny trying to psych themselves up when deep down.. They know there isn't really much of a prayer.

Even if he does the mother of all freaking pivots (not even he is gifted enough to bullshit his way out of all the wonderful things he has said..) how much damage would this do long term to the party's already wonderful relationship with minority voters.. Is there anyway back from them supporting George Wallace reincarnated?

[In 2006, Bernie] Sanders told reporters that he was “comfortable” with civil unions, not full marriage equality. (To justify his stance, Sanders complained that a battle for same-sex marriage would be too “divisive.”)

Bernie sure talks about the issues of difficult political battles a lot when it comes to things other than impossible to pass single payer health care bills:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/...riage_equality_he_s_no_longtime_champion.html

I don't mind Bernie having progressed on LGBT rights (everyone did), but it's just funny where he talks about issues of divisiveness, lol.

He improves his favorability, like he did with Republicans during the primary.

He improved his favorability rating with Republicans by showing Republicans that he hated brown people as much as they did. What move can he make in the general that is similar to his move to win over Republicans? Are independent Latinos going to forget the fact that he hates them and wants them out of the country and will deport all of the Latinos that he has some argument to deport?

NeoXChaos

He improved his favorability rating with Republicans by showing Republicans that he hated brown people as much as they did. What move can he make in the general that is similar to his move to win over Republicans? Are independent Latinos going to forget the fact that he hates them and wants them out of the country and will deport all of the Latinos that he has some argument to deport?

Drugs, crime, rapist & some I assume are good people.

*The photo from earlier is not a young Ted Cruz.

Teggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom