• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Busses to transport dozens of students cancelled, wacky Bernie to take up his role as "the cheese" on wacky deli. He is better than the ham and the salami combined.

So, the question of the day:

Do I punish myself by watching the GOP Debate?

or

Do I punish myself by watching whatever hell Donald Trump is about to unleash on us?

Both will involve drinking games. And by "games" I mean drink until I pass out.

HylianTom

Banned

or

Do I punish myself by watching whatever hell Donald Trump is about to unleash on us?

If you want to help Hillary, you have to help Trump via ratings, tweetings, etc. It's distasteful, but we'll be toasting in November.

Diablos

funny-gif-Donald-Duck-Daisy-coin-begging.gif
Pretty much.

One tab for each, side by side windows. Browse poligaf and the debate/trump threads ona tablet or whatever.

is the only way to do it, really.

Gotchaye

One tab for each, side by side windows. Browse poligaf and the debate/trump threads ona tablet or whatever.

is the only way to do it, really.

I'm out of the country this year, and so far I've been fine watching the debates on youtube the next day, but I'm really unhappy to not be catching this live.

If you want to help Hillary, you have to help Trump via ratings, tweetings, etc. It's distasteful, but we'll be toasting in November.

One tab for each, side by side windows. Browse poligaf and the debate/trump threads on a tablet or whatever

.is the only way to do it, really.

Good ideas. I mean, both will deliver the same results: a slight hangover and self loathing.

I don't Tweet, though. I also don't own a cell phone.

God, we Hillary supporters ARE out of touch, aren't we?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a theme to Trump's whatever it is he's doing? Is it just a stump speech? Is it like a townhall?They must have Nevada and SC mixed up or something. Or they need to stick to their day-job since I don't see it being plausible for Clinton to get a 90% voteshare in Nevada.

Basically.

or

You know the answer.. Jeb/Rand/or Cruz.. Or the God King of fuckery. This speaks for itself.

I dream of being at least 1/10 the man that person is. Except for the "possibly a murderer" part.
We all should Cory.. We all should. And why not be a murderer? I mean we are close to electing a murderer already hmm.. Or does Vince Foster not matter anymore :)

HylianTom

Banned
Good ideas. I mean, both will deliver the same results: a slight hangover and self loathing.

I don't Tweet, though. I also don't own a cell phone.

God, we Hillary supporters ARE out of touch, aren't we?
I am, as far as pop culture goes. My new movie/music/TV consumption is near-negligible. And I just changed from a flip phone two years ago - at the urging of my employer.

Hey, he's watching tv and decided that he wants to see some fuckery..

Who betta than Trump man?

The only thing that scares me is the fact that he is a vengeful God.....

I am, as far as pop culture goes. My new movie/music/TV consumption is pitiful. And I just changed from a flip phone two years ago - at the urging of my employer.

It's weird, because the only technology that I'm not a fan of are cell phones. Technically, there is a cell phone that is mine. It's a flip phone. I've used it twice in my life. I don't even know where it is, actually. I've never sent a text message (from a cell phone) either. I was a performer at Walt Disney World after my dad died, and I learned to loathe phones interrupting things. I've never wanted one. I'm good on pop culture, though.

CCS

Banned
I will be praying for the next few days for deliverance from badly written post-caucus op-ed pieces. Here's hoping!

I will be praying for the next few days for deliverance from badly written post-caucus op-ed pieces. Here's hoping!

I'm afraid that even assuming an omnipotent being can generate an infinite supply of miracles that there still aren't enough miracles available for that to happen.

How many of you guys work or volunteer for campaigns? Would explain a lot.

I do, every Presidential election since 2000, although my dad would drag me around before that. I'm phone banking on Sunday. I might go on Saturday too.

I also just realized this is the first competitive Democratic Caucus I'll watch without my dad. He passed away on Leap Day in 2008. We didn't have a ton in common due to the age difference (He was 65 when I was born) and politics was our father/son thing, since he hated all sports. Football is my mom and my thing.

HylianTom

Banned
I worked at a small polling outfit in the mid-late 90s, then worked at Gallup for a few years until they closed their Austin branch, then the Texas senate for two years, and then went back to school to get out of the field entirely. Got tired of job-hopping and wanted something more stable.

Just a few days left with Bobby. JBE, why'd you have to win so big?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I did work with YouGov for a year and I'm part of a local campaign group (non-American).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
On a different note, I'm building my own garage version of a polling aggregate. Woo! Currently spitting out Sanders 47.4, Clinton 46.2, Undecided 3.4, O'Malley 3.0 for Iowa (ergo Clinton win). Obviously is entirely untested but if it works I'm so starting a blog and making my millions.

Several of our family's close friends have been (and still are) politicians. Nearly the whole lot of them is scum. Those that aren't, unsurprisingly, have been chewed up and spat out after holding some minor positions. Some still have dreams of being reelected.

It's quite something to run into grown men (yes, men, women are rare af) whose aspiration is legit to be vice-mayor of a 50k hab town.
On a different note, I'm building my own garage version of a polling aggregate. Woo! Currently spitting out Sanders 47.4, Clinton 46.2, Undecided 3.4, O'Malley 3.0 for Iowa (ergo Clinton win). Obviously is entirely untested but if it works I'm so starting a blog and making my millions.

If you need venture capital i got a spare fiver. (which should be worth about 1 pound sterling nowadays... *checks*...ahm... no. 0.85)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If you need venture capital i got a spare fiver. (which should be worth about 1 pound sterling nowadays... *checks*...ahm... no. 0.85)

I would but then all my contributions would be from the top 1% of my donors.

HylianTom

Banned
I don't know why, but I read that as "a spare liver." Completely changed the sentence. Why is my mind on liquefying organ assets?

And Crab - your website needs a cute cartoon mascot, like a StatsRat.. or a PollCat!

rjinaz

The most I can say is that I did security during local elections, twice. But that was back when I was voting Republican.

I have been considering getting more involved with the Bernie campaign though. Either that or the Arizona/Marijuana campaign. Haven't decided yet.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know why, but I read that as "a spare liver." Completely changed the sentence. Why is my mind on liquefying organ assets?

And Crab - your website needs a cute cartoon mascot, like a StatsRat.. or a PollCat!

DabCrab?

CCS

Banned

Shotgun being your first intern! :p

Cheebo

Banned
That Microsoft election prediction thread is a hilarious mess. Every time a thread is made in the OT that shows Hillary winning some Bernie-stans show up to proclaim Trump is the next best option if Bernie loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom