• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good answer from Paul on Ferguson, body cams, and the war on drugs. Could hear some audible groans in the audience due to the question as well as Paul's constant use of the phrase "African Americans."

Edit- also seeing them start to body Cruz at the debate is entertaining as hell. Shows another positive with Trump not being there

I've been flipping back and forth. I'll have to catch the entire debate on YouTube or something later.

The Trump thing has been weird as all hell. We have Trump's typical stream of consciousness thing, followed by Huckabee and Frothy being forced to give speeches in front of a Trump sign, and random USA! USA! USA! things.

It is surreal.

leroidys

Trump is a genius. Fox going in ripping everybody apart. They're all tearing each other apart. Nobody knows what the fuck today without him on the stage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump is a genius. Fox going in ripping everybody apart. They're all tearing each other apart. Nobody knows what the fuck today without him on the stage.

You just know they would have focused all this on Trump had he shown, the man read their play perfectly.

Hmm... gut feeling is that obv they also got the vids on Trump, but they couldn't hit just Don with those, so they also had to do it for the others... and thus...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Hmm... gut feeling is that obv they also got the vids on Trump, but they couldn't hit just Don with those, so they also had to do it for the others... and thus...

That's what I'm thinking. All the rest of this was just supposed to be cover while they went in on Trump, but now...

Oh and if you google "FOX News Debate" an online poll comes up and you can vote for the winner. Trump is one of the choices and he's obviously the clear winner right now.

Exactly. They planned this to burn Trump to the ground. They were going to "attack" the others as coverage. Without him there, they've just been savaging everyone else on the stage. This...this backfired on Fox News and the GOP so hard. I think they actually damaged most of these people today.

Trump is god tier. He really, really is. I am impressed.

Drakeon

So /r/politics/ and /r/SandersForPresident/ are like mirrors or something? Had a hard time finding a single post not shitting on Hillary on /r/politics.

Add /r/democrats and /r/progressive to that as well. The fucking Sanders subreddit brigades every fucking democrat related or politics neutral subreddit with the same fucking posts.

CZ2zDUoUsAE-A_q.jpg

https://twitter.com/GoogleTrends/status/692906789742837760

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Exactly. They planned this to burn Trump to the ground. They were going to "attack" the others as coverage. Without him there, they've just been savaging everyone else on the stage. This...this backfired on Fox News and the GOP so hard. I think they actually damaged most of these people today.

We're gonna wind up with President Trump somehow, just watch. It doesn't matter who we put against him, he just can't be stopped. He's the goddamned devil!

That's because the Trump thing was on like every channel.

On CNN, they mentioned that Trump's event might be on local networks in Iowa. Fox New's debate wasn't, obviously. Plus, it was on MSNBC (until Rachel had a melt down), CNN and CSPAN. The online stream had something like 40000 people at one point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
On CNN, they mentioned that Trump's event might be on local networks in Iowa. Fox New's debate wasn't, obviously. Plus, it was on MSNBC (until Rachel had a melt down), CNN and CSPAN. The online stream had something like 40000 people at one point.

What happened with Maddow?

What happened with Maddow?

Like, after 10 minutes, she was like "No. We're cutting this out. No. BYE. BYE" It was hilarious.They may have gone back to it, eventually. I didn't check. Once John Wayne got up there, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have gone back to it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I honestly don't believe so. I think this was made to destroy everyone. I think Fox is playing the long game here and realizes how bad every single one of these candidates are.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I honestly don't believe so. I think this was made to destroy everyone. I think Fox is playing the long game here and realizes how bad every single one of these candidates are.

They know one of them has to win, there's no point in burning all of them down. One of them would have to stay standing at the end.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Tell me I'm not the only one who notices every candidates verbal tics or what they do with their hands when they speak. It's actually kind of distracting.

Fuck I've been watching politics too long

What long game is it that benefits by burning Trump's rivals with Donald on the verge of sweeping Iowa-NH-SC?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They know one of them has to win, there's no point in burning all of them down. One of them would have to stay standing at the end.

They have lobbed softballs at Jeb all night. They probably still believe he would be the best general election candidate.

Basileus said:
What long game is it that benefits by burning Trump's rivals?

They would have gone after him if he was there.

They have lobbed softballs at Jeb all night. They probably still believe he would be the best general election candidate.

They would have gone after him if he was there.

They did give Jeb! relatively easy GE questions, but ones that would be toxic among GOP caucus/primary voters.

They definitely would have gone after Trump had he been there. What I think happened is that Trump either realized this OR someone let him know what was going down.

OMG, Dr. Carson is seriously ending his debate with the Preamble.

Plinko

That's what we're all saying. The plan here was to kill Trump.

And I said I didn't think it was specifically going to be after him. It was going to be like this for everyone.

Debate was okay.

He definitely looked a bit deflated on his closing statement.

It was sad I say considering that Trump wasn't even their it was probably more so.

I think no matter who wins it is even more apparent that Hillary will smash completely everyone there. People say Rubio is probably the biggest threat, but I'm not so sure.

Having said that about Jeb!, I do think this was his best debate. I mean, what that means, I don't really know. It was way better for him that Trump was gone.

User 406

Banned
What long game is it that benefits by burning Trump's rivals with Donald on the verge of sweeping Iowa-NH-SC?

There's a fable that I think is pretty illustrative about what's going on with Fox News at the moment.

A frog was sunning himself on a riverbank, when from out of the undergrowth came a scorpion.

The frog looked at the scorpion expectantly.

In a sudden frenzy, the scorpion stabbed its stinger repeatedly into the poor frog's body. "FUCK FUCK FUCK BITCHSHIT FUCK ASSCRAP PISS" it raved.

The frog cried out, "But why? Oh, I'm dying!"

The scorpion did not reply, as it was randomly stabbing the ground and shrieking, "FUCKFUCKFUCKNUTBALLSCHRISTSHITPRICKTAINT"

The frog's vision dimmed, and its final sight was that of the scorpion frothing at the mandibles, its stinger a blur as it stabbed itself frantically through its own carapace. "BUTTMAGGOTLARDSHITASSGOBBETFUCKWANK"

The End.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There's a fable that I think is pretty illustrative about what's going on with Fox News at the moment.

A frog was sunning himself on a riverbank, when from out of the undergrowth came a scorpion.

The frog looked at the scorpion expectantly.

In a sudden frenzy, the scorpion stabbed its stinger repeatedly into the poor frog's body. "FUCK FUCK FUCK BITCHSHIT FUCK ASSCRAP PISS" it raved.

The frog cried out, "But why? Oh, I'm dying!"

The scorpion did not reply, as it was randomly stabbing the ground and shrieking, "FUCKFUCKFUCKNUTBALLSCHRISTSHITPRICKTAINT"

The frog's vision dimmed, and its final sight was that of the scorpion frothing at the mandibles, its stinger a blur as it stabbed itself frantically through its own carapace. "BUTTMAGGOTLARDSHITASSGOBBETFUCKWANK"

The End.

This seems about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom