• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
1. We don't know if it will be announced tomorrow.

2. We don't know if it will be turned down.

3. And if it is turned down, we don't know when it would become effective. The Court could stay its ruling until the next enrollment period, for instance.

Ecotic

Really hoping for a couple of good news rulings on Obamacare and gay marriage. Obama's numbers are in the low 40's again, the TPP debate is divisive even if it was on track. Not looking forward to another summer in the doldrums.

ivysaur12

Banned
3. And if it is turned down, we don't know when it would become effective. The Court could stay its ruling until the next enrollment period, for instance.

Curious to see what would happen then in terms of negotiating if this is the case. Honestly? The best outcome for the Republicans might be a compromise where they're able to win more autonomy for states and their plans while still not destroying the health care industry by expanding the subsidies to the federal exchange. I don't see any way in which Obama would sign a bill overturn his key legislative achievement so... I dunno.

Or, nothing happens and it all stays the same shrug emoticon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Curious to see what would happen then in terms of negotiating if this is the case. Honestly? The best outcome for the Republicans might be a compromise where they're able to win more autonomy for states and their plans while still not destroying the health care industry by expanding the subsidies to the federal exchange. I don't see any way in which Obama would sign a bill overturn his key legislative achievement so... I dunno.

Or, nothing happens and it all stays the same shrug emoticon.

The GOP still hasn't detailed a plan because their plan consists of the exact same situation we had before the ACA.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-voters-pick-top-concerns-about-2016-election-n379131

Good news for Bush! According to polls, the number one concerns of voters for 2016 was money in politics, at 33%. That means only 4% of people polled listed political dynasties, as their top concern! And not only that, he's moving up in the "republicans could support" polls well known as a key indicator.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Chuck Todd before? Because I really hate Chuck Todd

KingK

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-voters-pick-top-concerns-about-2016-election-n379131

Good news for Bush! According to polls, the number one concerns of voters for 2016 was money in politics, at 33%. That means only 4% of people polled listed political dynasties, as their top concern! And not only that, he's moving up in the "republicans could support" polls well known as a key indicator.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Chuck Todd before? Because I really hate Chuck Todd

Sometimes I start to watch an episode of Meet the Press on a Sunday and I can never make it all the way through without feeling the need to punch myself in the face and pull my hair out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

The Kochs are supporting Walker, which is big money. I just don't think the other candidates will bring it up.

Today is the day for ACA shitcanning, right?

I heard he did some ridiculous video on gun violence yesterday too, addressing Charleston by having an all black group of murder prisoners tell the world how using guns ruined their lives. Dude is living in another world, like most Beltway types.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Today is the day for ACA shitcanning, right?

I heard he did some ridiculous video on gun violence yesterday too, addressing Charleston by having an all black group of murder prisoners tell the world how using guns ruined their lives. Dude is living in another world, like most Beltway types.

Is it 7 pst or est?

So in the unlikely event that the government wins, will Obama do a victory lap or call out republicans for still not having an alternative plan 6 years later?

Crisco

Banned
So in the unlikely event that the government wins, will Obama do a victory lap or call out republicans for still not having an alternative plan 6 years later?

I believe so. He's been holding back the fire and brimstone on this issue waiting for the issue to play out in court. He has to be salty as fuck about it.

HylianTom

Banned
Imagine this:
- marriage equality nationwide
- ACA survives
- lethal injection nixed

Now imagine the reactions from GOP candidates. There's a not-insignificant chance that things could swing this way.

FyreWulff

My inside sources confirm there is a Supreme Court in the United States. No solid numbers, but could be anywhere from 6 to 15 justices in said court.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think the Supreme Court justices should have a phone number call in like American idol and you have to vote for the justice you want to see go to Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom