• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT| Keep Calm and Diablos On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is nevada mostly desert, by chance?

Ah, wiki says that is indeed the case. Ok.
usamap.gif

It was a she! She was very nice to my loser ass actually, i shouldnt be throwing her under the bus. I never did any labs all year and she didnt fail me

tbf, that fact that Scott Walker was ever liked by actual humans is staggering to me.

Now this person on the other hand (DT=Donald Trump):

COA1KOqUwAAztFv.png
It's pathetic how General Qassem Soleimani is being used as a scary Iranian boogeyman by the media. He's ruthless, sure. But he's not a cut above any Spetznas commander. The guy is doing his job. He's not out to kill Americans in their sleep. Fuck, they should be commending the guy because he's the one keeping ISIS at bay in their cities, and also responsible for retaking many towns and villages.

Shit's disgusting.

It's pathetic how General Qassem Soleimani is being used as a scary Iranian boogeyman by the media. He's ruthless, sure. But he's not a cut above any Spetznas commander. The guy is doing his job. He's not out to kill Americans in their sleep. Fuck, they should be commending the guy because he's the one keeping ISIS at bay in their cities, and also responsible for retaking many towns and villages.

Shit's disgusting.

Going over his wiki entry, i'm a bit baffled by this. Was he designated as a terrorist solely because he's Iranian? Aside from Tikrit, dude seems like a considerably competent commander, and that's about it.

Either that or someone excised the section about crimes against humanity or whatever.

Also #lol
Following the September 11 attacks of 2001, Ryan Crocker, a senior State Department official in the United States, flew to Geneva to meet with Iranian diplomats who were under the direction of Soleimani with the purpose of collaborating to destroy the Taliban, which had targeted Shia Afghanis.[13] This collaboration was instrumental in defining the targets of bombing operations in Afghanistan and in capturing key Al Qaeda operatives, but abruptly ended in January 2002, when George W Bush named Iran as part of the "Axis of evil" in his State of the Union address.[13]

Going over his wiki entry, i'm a bit baffled by this. Was he designated as a terrorist solely because he's Iranian? Aside from Tikrit, dude seems like a considerably competent commander, and that's about it.

Either that or someone excised the section about crimes against humanity or whatever.
There was evidence that he directed the shi'ite militias during the Iraqi Insurgency in mid 00's, so in a way he was indirectly involved in killing US soldiers. Yes he is an extremely competent general, but that's basically it. He did not direct assassinations or hit jobs like Col. Qaddafi, nor is he involved with bombing or terrorism (Hezbollah in the early 80's) or gassed an entire village like Chemical Ali.
Also #lol
Great. Nice going W.

Freaking moron.

FyreWulff

Is nevada mostly desert, by chance?

Ah, wiki says that is indeed the case. Ok.

I think Nevada mostly being federal land is also somewhat related to the fact that all the unclaimed land reverted to the government when Congress finally killed the Homestead Act in 1976.

It's basically a giant military test range that happens to be a state.

The map also ignores Reservations which it also marks as federal land.

i3a.gif

ivysaur12

Banned
It was such a pleasant surprise when she won that night. Especially since I was counting on Democrats picking up Nevada which they lost by like a point.

Hope she wins reelection. You know along with McCaskill Donnelly Manchin and Tester.

I think Tester and Manchin have a good shot of winning. McCaskill and Heitkamp probably have the toughest re-election bids, but McCaskill is literally a crafty fox and Heitkamp (I need to see more recent polling) is one of the most well-liked politicians in North Dakota, so there's hope. It'll be a tough road for them both, though.

#Heitkamp2018

Great. Nice going W.

Freaking moron.

Real funny bit is that Crocker had been dealing with that corner of the globe since `90, so the odds of him telling W. to say that bit are close to zero. Would've loved to see his face when he heard that. Legit a case of "fuck our advisors. we doing what we want."

NeoXChaos

I think Tester and Manchin have a good shot of winning. McCaskill and Heitkamp probably have the toughest re-election bids, but McCaskill is literally a crafty fox and Heitkamp (I need to see more recent polling) is one of the most well-liked politicians in North Dakota, so there's hope. It'll be a tough road for them both, though.

#Heitkamp2018

You live in ND now or still in CT? Your affection with her is fascinating.

Tarkus

The Daily Mail is reporting that some of Hiliary's emails were included in the Sidney Blumenthal hack long ago and emails are up for sale on the black market. Also, Obama Administration had a chance to purchase the emails but refused. Is this a joke article? I'm not familiar with the source's reputation.

Edit: Ah. Banned source, must be no good. Anyway, I replaced the link with FNC coverage of it.

Does anyone really care about Clinton's emails or Benghazi besides conservatives?

the emails thing is such a non issue. boring conservative whistle blower bullshit. I'm all for some skeletons in Hilary's closet coming out but this is such a nonissue. No clue why this shit is still being covered

The Daily Mail is reporting that some of Hiliary's emails were included in the Sidney Blumenthal hack long ago and emails are up for sale on the black market. Also, Obama Administration had a chance to purchase the emails but refused. Is this a joke article? I'm not familiar with the source's reputation.

Edit: Ah. Banned source, must be no good. Anyway, I replaced the link with FNC coverage of it.

Daily Mail and Fox are both owned by Murdoch, so it's basically potato potatoe.

the emails thing is such a non issue. boring conservative whistle blower bullshit. I'm all for some skeletons in Hilary's closet coming out but this is such a nonissue. No clue why this shit is still being covered

Not quite.

And yes, that is why conservatives keep going after the email thing. That and bengazhi are the only things they got, and that's fresher.

Makai

Is it? I keep seeing it pop up everywhere, including mainstream sources like NY Times.

kingkitty

I wish Hillary-senpai didn't use a private email server. So tired of this coverage.

But if it wasn't going to be the emails, then it'd be more about the Clinton Foundation. And if wasn't the foundation, then we'd get Benghazi overdrive. And if Benghazi never happened, then...Vince Foster?

Is it? I keep seeing it pop up everywhere, including mainstream sources like NY Times.

I mean there's really nothing to report on Hillary other than the email thing, which I'm willing to bet more than half of the chuckle heads writing about it in newspaper editorials have no clue at all about who broke which law where. Emails will keep getting retroactively classified. No smoking gun is gonna come out. But until then there will be plenty of fodder for people that want to talk about it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I mean there's really nothing to report on Hillary other than the email thing, which I'm willing to bet more than half of the chuckle heads writing about it in newspaper editorials have no clue at all about who broke which law where. Emails will keep getting retroactively classified. No smoking gun is gonna come out. But until then there will be plenty of fodder for people that want to talk about it.

Part of the problem is these guys are expected to write an article a day, so even if nothing really happens they have to write about something. A big issue with our news coverage is definitely the cycle, it's turned political reporting into part investigative reporting, part standard reporting, and a big part gossip reporting.

Someone edit out Heitkamp and insert some Republicans into that flag chair sitting just the same as her. Then maybe you'll see how desperate it looks.

NeoXChaos

Part of the problem is these guys are expected to write an article a day, so even if nothing really happens they have to write about something. A big issue with our news coverage is definitely the cycle, it's turned political reporting into part investigative reporting, part standard reporting, and a big part gossip reporting.

Journalist gotta eat yo.

benjipwns

Banned
which I'm willing to bet more than half of the chuckle heads writing about it in newspaper editorials have no clue at all about who broke which law where
I'm willing to bet everyone involved has no clue about this. The government has admitted as much in this and similar cases.

Someone would do well to point out just how many Schrodinger laws are on the books. Especially regarding "classified" material. I bet it'd get them exactly no mentions in a debate wrap-up!

They'd also do well to take control of a Benghazi discussion to talk about the actual crimes.

I'm willing to bet everyone involved has no clue about this. The government has admitted as much in this and similar cases.

Someone would do well to point out just how many Schrodinger laws are on the books. Especially regarding "classified" material. I bet it'd get them exactly no mentions in a debate wrap-up!

They'd also do well to take control of a Benghazi discussion to talk about the actual crimes.

This is why we need a government run by technocrats, not pig farmers.

benjipwns

Banned
You're talking about whatever CIA operation was going on in Libya? Is that the crime?
The federal government running a fake consulate piled full of weapons with the CIA heavily involved that subsequently gets targeted with heavy weapons on 9/11 and you're telling me that everything done there was legal and authorized so that shouldn't even be discussed on-the-record? Or that the White House and the State Department weren't likely towing some technical lion regarding why it was never officially made any kind of diplomatic facility and all sorts of procedures were ignored?

I'm also not a fan at all of the "it was a YouTube video viewed 200 times gone horribly wrong!" spin and all that "people need to watch what they say" bullshit. Ari Fleischer beat you guys to that one already. But the total lockdown, circle the wagon, modes (not allowing anyone to testify, etc.) always make me think there's something there. And it's so dumb that they're making it look worse than it is.

It's like with Fast and Furious. Where they fucked it up by seemingly deliberately not having any way to track the guns. The lower totem pole usually doesn't fuck up details unless inexperienced higher ups want it otherwise. So...why?

This is also the reason the GOP will never tie anything back on the Administration or Hillary. Those aren't roads they want to go down because they're fans of the same shit. It's why Obama immediately dismissed any prospects of investigating the Bush Administration for their crimes.

benjipwns

Banned
Cross post from the Kentucky clerk thread:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...entucky-clerk-ordered-jail-refusing-issue-gay
Don’t make me laugh. Some people will call this ruling a triumph for the rule of law, a matter of harsh but necessary justice. It is no such thing. As I wrote in a piece earlier this week, the rule of law requires both lawful enactment and lawful enforcement. Justice Kennedy’s opinion in Obergefell v. Hodges is nothing more and nothing less than the establishment of Justice Kennedy’s world view as a new state religion — a religion with teeth.

he mad

TCap • 10 hours ago
She is violating no law. Just the pronouncement of 5 unelected judges who, as Alito noted in dissent, have threatened democracy.
I knew my "UNELECTED JUDGES" fashion line would never go out of style.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Asking a girl out and then the woman being so surprised that she needs time to decide and you won't see her in class again for a week is a weird feeling.

Should have given her your number dude. Was going, "oh, ok, here's my number. Gimme a call sometime," so hard?

Also, she might be figuring out how to turn you down. :(

Should have given her your number dude. Was going, "oh, ok, here's my number. Gimme a call sometime," so hard?

Also, she might be figuring out how to turn you down. :(

Which is why you ask for her number, instead of giving yours to her. Far cleaner. Didn't pick up (or, more likely, ignored your whatsapp message because, really, who in blazes calls in 2015? aint nobody got the time for that)? There you go.

We're in graduate econometrics so this is actually ridiculously on-point and scary accurate.

I have a ton of shit published online so it shouldn't be hard for her to run her regression though.

If there is one thing that the pua community got right, it is that dating is a numbers game.
Stack those odds, m8

She's probably going to turn me down, but I think I can mentally build a #DEADHEAT narrative on her decision before Wednesday.

Then again, I don't think that whole denying reality for a better story thing worked out well for Karl Rove's psyche.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Which is why you ask for her number, instead of giving yours to her. Far cleaner. Didn't pick up (or, more likely, ignored your whatsapp message because, really, who in blazes calls in 2015? aint nobody got the time for that)? There you go.

Hey, I've had that work for me a few times now. It doesn't change much, but if you get the call, or text, at least you know for sure she wants to go out and wasn't just pressured into it.

If there is one thing that the pua community got right, it is that dating is a numbers game.
Stack those odds, m8

Sad but true. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom