• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
It's a good thing for Trump that Fiorina isn't a threat because Rubio is infinitely easier for him to attack than her.
Fiorina has a talent for getting really nasty when defending herself and counterattacking. Her tone, her facial expressions.. you can feel the contempt.

Rubio, on the other hand, seems a bit more on the snively side, almost like he's a half-second away from running to tattle to the teacher.

Zona

Reading the OT political threads I constantly want to reach through the internet, grab people by the shoulders, and shake them while screaming "YOUR NOT GOING TO GET TOP DOWN CHANGE IN THE US POLITICAL SYSTEM". The dream of the slacktivist political revolution where people go out once, cast a single vote, and have all their dreams come true likes its the ending of a bloody movie is killing me.

Start on the local level! Their primaries can be decided by ten fucking votes, and it affects you more directly anyway! Get us some democrat governors before 2020! Get involved, volunteer, be part of get out the vote efforts. If the left in this country insists on holding onto this messianic complex where they expect the chosen one to somehow sweep into office, wave their magic liberal mandate wand, and fix the whole system we're going to have a hard time of it.

I think you might underestimate the depths to which some people can tolerate disappointment.
For example i like nintendo games

Speaking of disappointment, have to tried these out yet :p

61NOoI10XCL._SY355_.jpg

Chichikov

Reading the OT political threads I constantly want to reach through the internet, grab people by the shoulders, and shake them while screaming "YOUR NOT GOING TO GET TOP DOWN CHANGE IN THE US POLITICAL SYSTEM". The dream of the slacktivist political revolution where people go out once, cast a single vote, and have all their dreams come true likes its the ending of a bloody movie is killing me.

Start on the local level! Their primaries can be decided by ten fucking votes, and it affects you more directly anyway! Get us some democrat governors before 2020! Get involved, volunteer, be part of get out the vote efforts. If the left in this country insists on holding onto this messianic complex where they expect the chosen one to somehow sweep into office, wave their magic liberal mandate wand, and fix the whole system we're going to have a hard time of it.
Truth bombs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jeb and Kasich and the rest of the "moderates" seriously don't get that people like these social programs. At this point, I have to think they're just stupid people.

Hahaha...how delusional are these guys?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Damn, that's some real honest shit.

So sad to see CNN trying to make fetch happen between Sanders and Clinton. Their frontpage is "Sanders throws down the gauntlet on Iraq, Wall St"

It's sad, embarassing and frankly speaking pathetic. It's fucked up that people that are going to converse and debate like the form of Doha Debates or Oxford Debates like normal, rational, intelligent adults is not worth watching.

I said this in the debate thread-- I expect no debate bounce for anyone. I don't think there will be any standout moments and I think the people who might care already know the players.

This isn't the GOP debates where there's a bunch of close decisions to move around and a huge pack of people to try to emerge from.

User1608

Banned

I love this post. Beautiful!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Wasn't Reagan a top down change?

HylianTom

Banned
Trump's hosting SNL on November 7th. Amazing.

Edit: and now I want to see a Bernie Sanders "Take On Me" music video. Maybe make him record the vocals, too.

Bowdz

Bro, stop the hate. I'm a Hilldawg supporter, but I love Bernie and I love Biden. I'd be thrilled to support any of the candidates in the general. Just sit back, help out your candidate when you can, and enjoy the politics of the season.

I said this in the debate thread-- I expect no debate bounce for anyone. I don't think there will be any standout moments and I think the people who might care already know the players.

This isn't the GOP debates where there's a bunch of close decisions to move around and a huge pack of people to try to emerge from.

Agreed. Bernie will still have intense support with huge crowds, Hilldawg will still be plagued with email stories and stubbornly high national poll numbers, the other guys will go back to darkspace and reside with the Reapers, and the media will primarily report on Donald Trump's live tweets.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Whats the Christie and Jeb bounce upwards near the end? Thats freaky, if its a rebound. Else, that's the floor.

The scales are different for each graph, so Christie's bounce is only like 1 percentage point.

Makai

My predictions for tonight:

Hillary Clinton talks about Donald Trump.
Bernie Sanders says Europe is a nice place to live.
Martin O'Malley attacks Hillary for Benghazi or whatever. Gets booed.
Jim Webb completely bombs. Drops out of race midway through debate.
Lincoln Chafee holds up a ruler to demonstrate the superiority of the metric system. He breaks the ruler over his knee then rips off his face to reveal that he's actually Joe Biden in disguise. Joe announces he's running to wild cheering.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Lincoln Chafee holds up a ruler to demonstrate the superiority of the metric system. He breaks the ruler over his knee then rips off his face to reveal that he's actually Joe Biden in disguise. Joe announces he's running to wild cheering.

Now that sounds like a fucking debate.

Where's the real Lincoln?

Bro, stop the hate. I'm a Hilldawg supporter, but I love Bernie and I love Biden. I'd be thrilled to support any of the candidates in the general. Just sit back, help out your candidate when you can, and enjoy the politics of the season.

I don't understand the constant need of many Bernie supporters to absolutely loathe Hillary Clinton and the bloodlust they seem to have for her. It's really weird.

Just because Republicans insist on having this sort of toxic shit in their campaigns doesn't mean that Democrats have to as well.

I don't understand the constant need of many Bernie supporters to absolutely loathe Hillary Clinton and the bloodlust they seem to have for her. It's really weird.

Just because Republicans insist on having this sort of toxic shit in their campaigns doesn't mean that Democrats have to as well.

Eh, it's nothing new. It's the same thing that happened during W's tenure from the beginning. comparing him to a monkey and such.

It's just angry people upset with the system and who they want not having any power lashing out. This always happens.

The really radical Bernie supporters aren't voters, anyway.

Eh, it's nothing new. It's the same thing that happened during W's tenure from the beginning. comparing him to a monkey and such.

It's just angry people upset with the system and who they want not having any power lashing out. This always happens.

Yup. A lot of the Bernie supporters are typical "I don't vote/I only vote third party"

Remember kids only presidential elections are things

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling

I don't think it is new. I've been hearing my family, and nearly any other conservative loudmouth, bitch about her since the mid-90s, and there's always been some extra scrutiny and mistrust levied towards her. I remember a lot of people talking shit about her setting up shop in New York just so she could run for office. I remember going to the Idaho Caucus back in 2008 and there being this really strong anti-Hillary sentiment then. I was there supporting Obama, and you could feel this divide between her supporters and his that really felt pretty toxic.

I think that it is common to turn on whoever is opposing your candidate. I soured on her for a while, I think in part due to the Hillary is 44 crowd and because she didn't come across as very sympathetic or like a competent campaigner in Game Change. Not to mention her pretty much refusing to concede until long after Obama had clinched the nomination. I think some of that anger towards her is still lingering for some people who were paying close attention in 2008, and I think that Bernie has appealed to a new batch of young conservatives that will be opposed to Hillary in much the same way that I think most of PoliGAF was opposed to her the last time she ran.

She's absolutely got my support this time around. I think I've changed a lot since 2008 in terms of what is important to me. I think she'll govern competently and do a great job, but that is a secondary concern for me compared to the Supreme Court. I see the next 8 years as the most critical the progressive cause has seen in a while just because there are so many Supreme Court justices that are getting close to retirement/death and I want whoever is most likely to win in 2016 and get re-elected in 2020 to be in office.

As of now, I have a lot of respect for her. She's done a lot over the years that I think makes her uniquely qualified for the office, and I think she's done an incredible job of establishing herself as a politician on her own merits. I don't think she's a good campaigner, certainly not when compared to Obama, but I think she has been in the game long enough to be a fantastic President.

BSsBrolly

Banned

Most of the gate W got was from the fact people felt like he stole the election, losing the popular vote, and the Supreme Court shooting down a recount. Also the shady election dealings in Florida under his brother.

Won't be home until after 9est tonight. Is there anyway to watch the debate from the beginning instead of where it will be live?

Edit: hoping this is the appropriate place for this question hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom