• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

Maybe so.

The one difference is that these have been major news stories and people just go "meh." Maybe when we get closer to the general election, people will start saying, "wait--THIS guy could be president?"

I get that his favorables are high, but I just can't get over how unenthusiastic his speaking is. He's the least enthusiastic speaker in the entire field. He's also got 0 experience as either a CEO of a big business or a politician, which you would think would hurt him in the general (I specify, because that's part of the appeal for the republican base).

Yes, but isn't that because its October 2015? If it was a year from now, I'd be worried. But most of the public doesn't really pay attention for another 6-10 months.

Carson is benefiting from the same phenomenon that trump is. All of that crazy stuff just keeps his name in the headlines, and exposure translates into approval. All you heard for a week straight was "carson says..." then something ridiculous.

Of all the candidates, I think he's the least likely to have a scandal.

Eh, they've been trying to get something, anything on trump for so long by now that they would have found it if it existed.

Of all the candidates, I think he's the least likely to have a scandal.

Hyper religious nut with a true believer ugly wife? I'd argue he's one of the most likely to have a scandal. That level of delusion and sexual repression often leads to men straying from the path. Whether it's Duggar, a conservative politician, a pastor, etc. I grew up in church culture so I saw it firsthand.

Maybe he's a good dude. But I doubt it.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
There's absolutely no way Carson can win a general being as gaffe prone as he is. I'm not worried in the least about him, he's shown a fundamental lack of understanding on a multitude of topics. Not to mention that Carson is the farthest you can get from exciting.

I think he could be a darkhorse to win the primary, but as far as winning the general? His statements and gaffes will sink him quickly. He'll also get destroyed in a debate if people are willing to actually go after him and not ignore him (aka the general election debates).

Any of Clinton, Sanders, or Biden would wipe the floor with him in a head to head debate. He'd look ineffectual, lacking ideas, and misguided in comparison.

Trump at least would be more willing and effective on the attack, though he'd still lack substance. He'd still lose the debates, but it would be less obvious at first glance (and more entertaining).

Makai

Hyper religious nut with a true believer ugly wife? I'd argue he's one of the most likely to have a scandal. That level of delusion and sexual repression often leads to men straying from the path. Whether it's Duggar, a conservative politician, a pastor, etc. I grew up in church culture so I saw it firsthand.

Maybe he's a good dude. But I doubt it.
Carson's cheating scandal will be he did this on the MCAT:

Cheating.JPG

HylianTom

Banned
Trump Keeps The Ted Cruz Bromance Alive: 'He Has To Say' I'll Never Win!

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Tuesday defended his rival, Sen. Ted Cruz, for saying the real estate mogul never be the party's nominee for President.

"He has to say that," Trump said during an interview on the Fox News show "Your World with Neil Cavuto."

"Well, what he really said in all fairness to him, they said, 'Do you think you will win?' He said, 'Yes.'" Now, what's he going to say, 'No, I think Trump is going to win?'" Trump said.

"But Ted Cruz said he thinks he's going to win," Trump continued. "So I think he has to say that. He's treated me very nicely with great respect."

Ha!

I was wondering how he'd stay chummy with his alliance member. Well-played, Trumpy!

Ranked Intro:

Hillary Clinton : Good

Bernie Sanders : Great

Martin O'Malley : Decent

The First Guy : Can't Remember

The Second Guy : Can't Remember

Sometimes I think Bernie focuses too much on the "handful of billionaires" when talking about money in politics being a problem. It's not just billionaires, obviously, and obviously not just a handful of them. People not making billions and corporations also control politicians. Americans need to understand the extent of the problem and it extends past a "handful of billionaires."

Wilsongt

I wouldn't kick O'Malley out of bed.

Edit:

It's so weird not seeing an entire starting football lineup on stage trying to "debate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom