• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Well, my twitter fight today was with Nate Cohn who was arguing that maybe Washington is trending Red because of the growth in the Tricities.

FYI: Obama counties added 284,705 people from 2010 to 2014. Romney counties added only 52,285. Weeeeeeeeeee

NeoXChaos

Well, my twitter fight today was with Nate Cohn who was arguing that maybe Washington is trending Red because of the growth in the Tricities.

FYI: Obama counties added 284,705 people from 2010 to 2014. Romney counties added only 52,285. Weeeeeeeeeee

so that is what you look like......

East Lake

Hmm, I guess you can't just make a new law, but that's part of the deal with federalism. I don't think it's a cop out to say push for stronger international institutions for environmental regulation.
I think people against it are mostly worried about abuse. Federalism or "free trade" isn't a consolation prize if some poor nation has their access restricted to generic drugs.

Lowered tariffs? Guarantees that markets won't favor domestic goods? Dispute mechanism so trade is predictable?

I mean the deal will likely lead to more trade. The question is who benefits?

You... did get that i was explaining to him that he should familiarize himself with the deal before declaring his support or opposition for it, yes?

Trouble

Banned

I'm over here in Seattle laughing.

Makai

I'm generally pretty placid when it comes to politics, but Jeb has a unique ability to make me rage. Policy aside, this man is simply not qualified to be America's mascot. We cannot allow the coolest president ever to be followed by this dweeb. Like, I shouldn't be yearning for Mitt of all people to jump in, but I fucking am. Running for president is like a roller coaster and you have to be at least as cool or likable as Mitt "I like being able to fire people" Romney to ride.

I'm generally pretty placid when it comes to politics, but Jeb has a unique ability to make me rage. Policy aside, this man is simply not qualified to be America's mascot. We cannot allow the coolest president ever to be followed by this dweeb. Like, I shouldn't be yearning for Mitt of all people to jump in, but I fucking am. Running for president is like a roller coaster and you have to be at least as cool or likable as Mitt "I like being able to fire people" Romney to ride.

My mother, although a Democrat, is not one to lose her cool with the GOP. She'll call them idiots or say they annoy her, but she pretty much just puts on a sweet smile and is silently telling them to go eff themselves.

Not with Jeb! No-Last-Name. My sweet mother will start yelling and screaming every time he opens his mouth. It's amazing. (She taught in Florida, and loathes what he did to the schools there).

Is this Castro fellow really qualified to be VP? Like, if something happens to Hillary a week after she is sworn in, does this guy really have the record to be trusted with running the show for 4 years?

Is this Castro fellow really qualified to be VP? Like, if something happens to Hillary a week after she is sworn in, does this guy really have the record to be trusted with running the show for 4 years?

Didn't stop republicans from running this guy.

paul-ryan-receives-the-worst-initial-reaction-to-a-vp-nomination-since-dan-quayle.jpg

Diablos

You can see it in Jeb's face; he's going to lose.

It's the end of the Bushes. If nothing else, even if a Republican wins, that's pretty fucking amazing.

User1608

Banned
it was obvious pretty early on, before the first debate even. His townhalls were anemic, and he was just a gaffe machine. The only reason he's not polling even worse than he actually is, is because the media has been focusing so hard on Trump that no one even notices when Jeb fucks up anymore.

His campaign is done at this point. There's no legitimate reason to vote for him that doesn't revolve around how much money his PAC has- and all of that was built up very early on.
I see your pints and agree. Pretty glad I didn't make a bet on him; Would've been even sadder.

Bush will be back in 2020. He is the 2008 Romney of this cycle.

He won't have 100mil next time. The shine of being the chosen one will be gone, at which point...what else does he have? I don't buy him as a 2020 shoe in. It'll just be four more years between the last time he was in office.

Romney should have run. He could beat Hillary under the right circumstances.

I still sometimes subconsciously spell 'potatoe'
Btw getting the flu fucking sucks bruvs
Especially if you have a small nose like me

There's surgery for that. You'll bleed for a week if you hold your head upright, but it solves that problem right up. Worked so well that i only noticed that the runny nose i had a month after surgery was a flu symptom because the doc told me. Massive upgrade compared to previous OHGODCLOGGEDNOSEAGAINKILLMENOW conditions.

Also gives you pinky-length boogers for about a month.

Makai

He won't have 100mil next time. The shine of being the chosen one will be gone, at which point...what else does he have? I don't buy him as a 2020 shoe in. It'll just be four more years between the last time he was in office.

Romney should have run. He could beat Hillary under the right circumstances.
Hey, there's still time for him to jump in. Come on, Mitt. The party is crumbling. We need you!

There's surgery for that. You'll bleed for a week if you hold your head upright, but it solves that problem right up. Worked so well that i only noticed that the runny nose i had a month after surgery was a flu symptom because the doc told me. Massive upgrade compared to previous OHGODCLOGGEDNOSEAGAINKILLMENOW conditions.

Also gives you pinky-length boogers for about a month.
U know what I think i will just put up with a lifetime of occasional mouth breathing instead of your solution
My only consistent problem times are at night while lying down and I can just buy breathe rights for that.

For the record I want to state I have been saying bruv before the existence of the ot thread today

explodet

Why are the Conservatives in Canada running The Southern Strategy right now?
About a month ago there were reports that the Conservatives hired Lynton Crosby, the dude that recently helped the Conservatives in Britain and Australia to win elections. For what it's worth, he's been called the Australian Karl Rove. He's also not a big fan of Muslims, apparently.

Around that same time, the Harper government was making noise about the niqab and how women shouldn't be wearing them during Canadian citizenship ceremonies. And around that same time there was a rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes reported, no thanks to the anti-Muslim sentiments flying around.

Coincidence? Maybe. But it didn't work out too well for the Tories, they're still behind the Liberals in the polls. And there's talk that Crosby bailed after Harper decided to campaign with everybody's favorite crack smoking former Toronto mayor Rob Ford.

But I ain't one to gossip so you ain't heard that from me.

I admire the fact that he [Trump] is politically incorrect. I think we are a little too uptight as a nation.

Jeb is putting together the most low energy racist campaign possible over the last month.

"Free stuff"
Painfully manufactured racist joke about Native Americans.
Praising Trump's (racist) language.

These attempts are way too dull to inspire the chucklefucks with Trump and Cruz and they're revealing that he's a horrible person to the non-chucklefucks. He's so horrible at running for president.

Makai

The longtime Sam Seder theory is that Jeb is just giving his son a tour to prepare him for when he runs for president.

RDreamer

This was easily the worst moment for Hillary in the debate. It was beyond atrocious and I fully expect it to be wrapped up in an attack ad later on: "What was Hillary's plan to stop the financial crisis? She told them 'hey guys, cut it out'. How'd that work out for her? Vote for a real leader who can actually do things, etc".

I cannot even fathom what her point was supposed to be beyond portraying herself as completely out of touch and ineffectual. I have to assume that she was improvising because no one could prepare that statement and think "yes, this is something Hillary should say on national television".

Hillary really really disappointed me in that debate. I'm not a Sanders 4 lyfe type guy, but Hillary rubbed me the wrong way. That answer along with a few others and some non answers and she just came across as a bad weather vane.

Also, I picked a really bad time to get banned. Completely missed most of the discussion of the debate with you guys and the thread :(. My first banning though!

Bush had Rove, who knew exactly what needed to be said to win the primary. Jeb doesn't seem to have anyone like that and thus sounds like an outsider. Say what you will but W sounded like a true believer and certain types of people love him to this day. Jeb doesn't inspire any type of loyalty of excitement. Basically he got the "run for president starter kit" from the Bush team and dropped the ball because he's an introverted, gumpy guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom