• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it. Joe is what this country needs.

I can almost hear those words in bens toneless, rambling delivery if i close my eyes

Among the many, many horrible things president Carson would do to this nation, I can only imagine him giving public speeches after disasters or terror attacks. Mumbling out calling the victims losers for 10 minutes before falling asleep on stage. I think Carson would lead to more fear in this nation than any other president prior.

Chichikov

Who said it: Ben Carson or the head of the Israeli government?
Video evidence, since you know, shit be quite unbelievable.

Poor Hitler, taking the fall for those damn muslins.

1c12V3i.gif

Isn't this basically the exact same Ryan story as it was on Day 1? Or is just that he "officially" made his demands known in person?

Also Biden needs to fire everyone he's using if this is his campaign model. It's as if he wants to do it the worst way possible.

dabig2

Diamond Joe needs to stfu.

He really needs to fuck off with that nonsense. The party can't even negotiate with itself, much less compromise with itself. Yet, Democrats are supposed to cowtow to these psychopaths?

Someone should straight up ask him what specifically he's looking to offer up to them. Inquiring minds would love to know.

I do think the Canadian election is another data point in favor of "Islamaphobia works well in early polls, but hurts in actual voting" which would probably be a reason to worry for Trump, Carson, and Cruz if the other candidates didn't hate Muslims just as much.

I do think the Canadian election is another data point in favor of "Islamaphobia works well in early polls, but hurts in actual voting" which would probably be a reason to worry for Trump, Carson, and Cruz if the other candidates didn't hate Muslims just as much.

TBH i'd like to see evidence it changed any votes.

I think the election was one other things rather than anti-islamophobia.

Becuase it works in europe

teiresias

Biden is quickly losing any good faith he's built up with the base during his tenure as VP. It's like he's oblivious to the political realities of Washington and of the current Republican Party - I mean, it's mystifying.

And he WILL NOT last long if he goes hard negative on Hillary after getting in - NOT AT ALL. People are glad she's finally fighting back against the Republican sham committees and he thinks the party primary voters are going to tolerate one of their own throwing dirt after the mainly gracious first debate among all the participants?

He's delusional and must have horrible yes-men feeding him ideas, information, and strategy.

Bowdz

Biden is quickly losing any good faith he's built up with the base during his tenure as VP. It's like he's oblivious to the political realities of Washington and of the current Republican Party - I mean, it's mystifying.

And he WILL NOT last long if he goes hard negative on Hillary after getting in - NOT AT ALL. People are glad she's finally fighting back against the Republican sham committees and he thinks the party primary voters are going to tolerate one of their own throwing dirt after the mainly gracious first debate among all the participants?

He's delusional and must have horrible yes-men feeding him ideas, information, and strategy.

Indeed. Hilldawg won't even need to get her hands dirty. Diamond Joe will be the odd man out by attacking the party and it will just put an enormous negative spotlight on him. I'm baffled that this is his plan if he really intends to run.

I mean realistically the only path he has to the nomination is to tear her down. So if he's in the approach does actually make sense - even though I don't think going negative, even subtly, is going to pan out well at all.

Call me cynical but I think Joe is just trying to handicap himself so that he doesn't steal much from Hillary and stays as background noise. *in case* Trey Gowdy corners Hillary like at the end of Few Good Men, and she admits she ordered the code red, he will swiftly take her spot, reverse all the bad juju and run to the left of Sanders.

It seems like he is running on emotions more than pragmatism, tbh.

dabig2

I mean realistically the only path he has to the nomination is to tear her down. So if he's in the approach does actually make sense - even though I don't think going negative, even subtly, is going to pan out well at all.

He can go negative, but just not on the absolute rage liberals have for the other party that can't get its own shit together while also trying its damn best to repress hundreds of millions of its own citizens.

Whoever is telling him that he can outmaneuver Hillary by winning "moderates" in a Democratic primary is a moron, and if this person is in his group of yes-men, then Biden needs to quietly go away now. You don't have it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I don't honestly believe any of you are worried about a Ryan speakership. The job will destroy the only presidentially viable congressional conservative (even if we all know he wet his bed until he was 17).

7d9793caeb06b354d6ed35ba82df3b02.jpg

2. Perhaps we overestimate our own initial, visceral rejection of Biden's message since we've been in the weeds for years. I don't know. But i don't think he's changing minds on the right and he's certainly not convincing the people that know better, so ... what is he doing other than strengthening Hillary while damaging his legacy?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
2. Perhaps we overestimate our own initial, visceral rejection of Biden's message since we've been in the weeds for years. I don't know. But i don't think he's changing minds on the right and he's certainly not convincing the people that know better, so ... what is he doing other than strengthening Hillary while damaging his legacy?

Biden is a party guy, that said I'm willing to wait and see what the context of his run would look like. Potentially he could be looking to run to Hillary's right, or he could be looking to occupy her spot as the pragmatist in the race since Bernie's dragged her a bit left. We aren't going to know shit until he starts running, trying to guess what's going on with only a few tweets is silly.

Call me cynical but I think Joe is just trying to handicap himself so that he doesn't steal much from Hillary and stays as background noise. *in case* Trey Gowdy corners Hillary like at the end of Few Good Men, and she admits she ordered the code red, he will swiftly take her spot, reverse all the bad juju and run to the left of Sanders.

This also wouldn't shock me.

No matter which way he's going, if he does run, we aren't going to really know what's going on until he makes his announcement and lays out his basic strategy. There's a couple of different ways he can go from where he is right now.

On some website, it showed that Hillary was more liberal than Biden, but is that only due to social issues or economic Liberal issues? I'm assuming that Hillary is more socially liberal, while Biden is more economial liberal.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump at 32% in the latest ABC News poll. Crushing it.

Okay, just read Ryan's list of demands.

Not a chance that the Freedom Caucus accepts it.

Which is probably Ryan's intention. Now, he can say he can say that he gave it the ol' college try and not have to actually take the job.

kingkitty

on monday my cable news told me Biden could announce his decision within 48 hours

Biden pls

edit: okay so according to google this "48 hours" story was posted at 10 am est monday. There's still 30 minutes left. I have hope. You're cutting it close Joe!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
According to John Roberts, Trump floating exactly what I predicted months ago--a ticket with Carson as VP.

Trump offering Carson the VP slot and promising to give Cruz a supreme court nomination does seem like a pretty clear path to victory as long he makes sure he's viewed as more electable/inevitable than those two.

Makai

Trump offering Carson the VP slot and promising to give Cruz a supreme court nomination does seem like a pretty clear path to victory as long he makes sure he's viewed as more electable/inevitable than those two.
Against all evidence to the contrary, I'm still expecting Carson to fall off. But I think Trump would still give him a cabinet role or something.

Plinko

The most dangerously stupid ticket since like... the 1850s or so?

Except Carson still has massive favorable numbers. Dangerous to the country? Absolutely. Dangerous to voters? I don't know--I think they could win.

Against all evidence to the contrary, I'm still expecting Carson to fall off. But I think Trump would still give him a cabinet role or something.

Carson speaks to The New Silent Majority: Racist and sexist and homophobic aunts, uncles, and grandparents that get all of their political news from paranoid Facebook memes.

Ben Carson is the first presidential candidate to be informed on the issues entirely via far-right Facebook memes and it's made him very likable to many voters that have the same way of getting news.

A different Nate's take on Trump, Carson and Fiorina as "outsider" candidates.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/upshot/why-trump-is-so-different-from-carson-and-fiorina.html

Basically Fiorina isn't a real outsider. She's just an establishment candidate with no political experience because she failed in her Senate bid. Her vote is basically Bush/Rubio vote.

Carson is basically an evangelical faction candidate. His vote base isn't necessarily the same as most of Trump's. And when he drops out to reap his book money they aren't necessarily going to gravitate to the latter.

Trump is different. He draws from broad demos and it doesn't seem to be policy but personality they like.

noshten

Trump Cabinet

Oprah - VP
Carson - United States Secretary of Health and Human Services
Cruz - Supreme Court

Than assigns a camera crew to follow them around, once a quarter his cabinet meet and one of his Secretaries gets cut on live tv for failing to deploy his policies.

A different Nate's take on Trump, Carson and Fiorina as "outsider" candidates.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/upshot/why-trump-is-so-different-from-carson-and-fiorina.html

Basically Fiorina isn't a real outsider. She's just an establishment candidate with no political experience because she failed in her Senate bid. Her vote is basically Bush/Rubio vote.

Carson is basically an evangelical faction candidate. His vote base isn't necessarily the same as most of Trump's. And when he drops out to reap his book money they aren't necessarily going to gravitate to the latter.

Trump is different. He draws from broad demos and it doesn't seem to be policy but personality they like.

Trump massively leads all other candidates on immigration and economic issues when voters are polled on the issues. They think he's economically smart because he's rich and they like him because he's a flaming racist. Voters like Trump because of policy and status, not because of personality.

Fiorina is polling at 4% and shouldn't be in the same discussion with the other two.

NeoXChaos

on monday my cable news told me Biden could announce his decision within 48 hours

Biden pls

edit: okay so according to google this "48 hours" story was posted at 10 am est monday. There's still 30 minutes left. I have hope. You're cutting it close Joe!

He is still undecided.

Trump massively leads all other candidates on immigration and economic issues when voters are polled on the issues. They think he's economically smart because he's rich and they like him because he's a flaming racist. Voters like Trump because of policy and status, not because of personality.

Fiorina is polling at 4% and shouldn't be in the same discussion with the other two.
I mean I guess building a big wall is technically a policy platform. But I don't think thinking he's best to handle the economy because they saw him fire people on The Apprentice counts as supporting him because of policy positions.

I highly doubt his bombastically yuuuge personality isn't part of his current appeal. I consider him being rich and constantly talking up his wealth, despite a pretty spotty business record upon scrutiny, to be part of his personality. He's Trump. His polling numbers seem to rise and fall depending on how much coverage there is of him being Trump. the basis of his support right now seems to rest on that.

I mean I guess building a big wall is technically a policy platform. But I don't think thinking he's best to handle the economy because they saw him fire people on The Apprentice counts as supporting him because of policy positions.

I highly doubt his bombastically yuuuge personality isn't part of his current appeal. I consider him being rich and constantly talking up his wealth, despite a pretty spotty business record upon scrutiny, to be part of his personality. He's Trump. And the basis of his support right now seems to rest on that.
Actually the basis of his support mirrors Romney; people think that because he's rich, he's also smart. If you examine Romney's record, he wasn't much smart either. Trump is just lot more bombastic and very media savvy.

teiresias

Is the "motion to vacate the chair" an actual House rule or something internal to each caucus, meaning, if the Republicans go along with Ryan and actually abolish the thing, would Dems have to actually reinstate it if they took control of the chamber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom