• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Limiting investigations? Hm I wonder why that would be.

Probably never. Shit would backfire on them and I don't think the GOP representatives would like having their districts targeted individually. Paul Ryan is only in an R+3 district.
Eh. It's a game of where you wanna win and lose. In the state where a few seats might be in play for once, or for the Presidency when you already control Congress. If the GOP makes a decision nationally to gerrymander, believe me, it will pay off, even if they lose some seats in the process (they'll still have their majority in Congress).

HylianTom

Banned
A peek-in to the Louisiana race from a GOP-leaning pollster:
CR2vCQJUsAAFHDb

This might really happen! #excited

Eh. It's a game of where you wanna win and lose. In the state where a few seats might be in play for once, or for the Presidency when you already control Congress. If the GOP makes a decision nationally to gerrymander, believe me, it will pay off, even if they lose some seats in the process (they'll still have their majority in Congress).
startdiablosing.gif

I think the time has long passed for the GOP to employ any major strategy to rig the electoral college vote.

They certainly won't do it in Ohio or Florida. The Republican will need every EV he can get from those states, why forfeit a significant chunk of them (especially Florida with fair maps)?

Nevada is probably too small that it's not worth pursuing, they'd splinter off 1 or 2 EVs at most. Wisconsin and Michigan are the only ones worth worrying about and I don't think Snyder or Walker want to die on that hill.

It's dead, Jim. You kept saying this would happen in Pennsylvania and it didn't.

Chichikov

First Worm, and now The Dream is dead.

:(

I'm not saying she's 100 percent going to jail, but I have insider sources (very inside).
I never do avatar or ban bets, but I'm so certain there's no way in hell she's going to jail I'll take any term you want. Actually, I wouldn't take a ban bet, fuck getting people banned.

If this was IRL I would've taken any odds you want and put money on that.

Diablos

startdiablosing.gif

I think the time has long passed for the GOP to employ any major strategy to rig the electoral college vote.

They certainly won't do it in Ohio or Florida. The Republican will need every EV he can get from those states, why forfeit a significant chunk of them (especially Florida with fair maps)?

Nevada is probably too small that it's not worth pursuing, they'd splinter off 1 or 2 EVs at most. Wisconsin and Michigan are the only ones worth worrying about and I don't think Snyder or Walker want to die on that hill.

It's dead, Jim. You kept saying this would happen in Pennsylvania and it didn't.
It ALMOST did. Corbett's laziness/incompetence as Governor prevented him from listening to the children in his legislature.

Wolf assures it won't happen here -- but there's plenty of states that can still take it up.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I seriously think the last couple days of Biden quotes were a thought bubble and that thought bubble burst on Biden. Otherwise he would've just announced 48 hours ago and wouldn't have tried the Cheney line. Goofball.

kingkitty

I never do avatar or ban bets, but I'm so certain there's no way in hell she's going to jail I'll take any term you want. Actually, I wouldn't take a ban bet, fuck getting people banned.

If this was IRL I would've taken any odds you want and put money on that.

okay, if Hillary goes to jail, you have to co-sign a loan for me.

if Hillary doesn't go to jail, I'll send you 20 cents worth of Bitcoin.

dramatis

I seriously think the last couple days of Biden quotes were a thought bubble and that thought bubble burst on Biden. Otherwise he would've just announced 48 hours ago and wouldn't have tried the Cheney line. Goofball.
I think the last couple of days of Biden quotes were some high tier trolling.

It ALMOST did. Corbett's laziness/incompetence as Governor prevented him from listening to the children in his legislature.

Wolf assures it won't happen here -- but there's plenty of states that can still take it up.

If it didn't happen in 2010 or earlier this year its not going to happen. GOP lead states have done all kinds of terrible stuff but its clear they aren't going to pull the trigger on changing how electoral votes are allocated.

I think they were his frustrations boiling over. He's always wanted to be President, he still wants to be President, but it's clear that there isn't a viable path. The Clinton campaign has been very aggressive this past month in boxing him out behind the scenes.

I do feel for him. It's gotta hurt to be passed over as the sitting VP while everyone coalesced around Clinton. And then with all the advantages she had to watch her fuck up in such a classic Clintonian way over the summer. He's still Plan B though.

Chichikov

okay, if Hillary goes to jail, you have to co-sign a loan for me.

if Hillary doesn't go to jail, I'll send you 20 cents worth of Bitcoin.
f3lbEy5.gif

If Chichikov ever enters an avatar bet give him Metroid Prime
Like I give a fuck, avatars off all the way.

p.s.
Speaking of video games, I would like to reiterate that it's a fine hobby for normative adults to enjoy and there's nothing to be ashamed of it.

vRmWIDf.jpg

NeoXChaos

I think they were his frustrations boiling over. He's always wanted to be President, he still wants to be President, but it's clear that there isn't a viable path. The Clinton campaign has been very aggressive this past month in boxing him out behind the scenes.

I do feel for him. It's gotta hurt to be passed over as the sitting VP while everyone coalesced around Clinton. And then with all the advantages she had to watch her fuck up in such a classic Clintonian way over the summer. He's still Plan B though.

Yeah but it was to be expected. Hillary was going to be it until Obama came along. The party wanted Obama and now Clinton over him. Sucks to be eclipsed by two historic candidacies. His time passed years ago.

I don't know.. Vitter's name is dirt right now, and polling is now consistent in showing him losing to Edwards.

I've fought to not grab onto hope, but this time..

Its a crazy thought but Edwards really needs Vitter to get 2nd. If one of the other candidates blows past him then its much harder to see Edwards get the governorship.

teiresias

I mean, let's not forget the fact that he's campaigned and lost the nomination numerous times and hasn't made it. It's not like he's some brilliant Presidential candidate that is unfortunately just losing his one shot due to historic candidates.

pigeon

Banned

I'm wondering if it was message testing. Biden can get a ton of free publicity before he runs by tweeting stuff out and leaking it. Then he can see whether people are warm to the idea of running to the right of Hilary or not, and if not he can just bail, as he did.

HylianTom

Banned
Its a crazy thought but Edwards really needs Vitter to get 2nd. If one of the other candidates blows past him then its much harder to see Edwards get the governorship.
That's why I was fretting over the timing of the whole "Vitter asked his hooker to get an abortion" story. He's the one guy whom I think Edwards can beat. I was skeptical at first, but now all pollsters, regardless of lean, are showing the same favorable trends.

This might be Jindal's parting gift to us..

That's why I was fretting over the timing of the whole "Vitter asked his hooker to get an abortion" story. He's the one guy whom I think Edwards can beat. I was skeptical at first, but now all pollsters, regardless of lean, are showing the same favorable trends.

This might be Jindal's parting gift to us..
I was listening to NPR about the race, and the Republicans basically said "he made a mistake, and he asked forgiveness. It's between him and jesus". Granted this was before the abortion story broke, but I dont see how the voters would ditch him if jesus forgives.

With that being said, the last election was a referendum on Obama so obviously he won. This time, it's becoming a referendum on Vitter and all the skeletons living in his closet. Anything could happen.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thank god the Biden fiasco is finally over. I have no idea what the point of all that was.

ivysaur12

Banned
Welcome to The Blue Wall, New Hampshire.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...eck-dems-lead-presidential-matches-in-nh.html

The Presidential numbers bode well for Hassan on that front. Hillary Clinton leads 8 out of 9 Republicans in hypothetical general election contests in the state. The exception is John Kasich- he achieves a tie with Clinton at 44%. Chris Christie comes close to Clinton as well, trailing 45/44. But beyond that Clinton leads the rest of the GOP throng by anywhere from 4 to 16 points. She's up 4 on Jeb Bush (45/41) and Carly Fiorina (46/42), 6 on Ben Carson (48/42), Marco Rubio (48/42 also), and Donald Trump (47/41), 13 on Ted Cruz (50/37), and 16 on Mike Huckabee (51/35).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I mean, let's not forget the fact that he's campaigned and lost the nomination numerous times and hasn't made it. It's not like he's some brilliant Presidential candidate that is unfortunately just losing his one shot due to historic candidates.

This is clearly true and revisionism doesn't help his case.

I've never even heard this term "accelerationism" before. Basically, full steam ahead to third-world to "teach everyone a lesson"?
Yeah all we have to do is give Republicans full reins for a couple of years, and then everyone will realize how great the Democrats are! How could this possibly lead to disappointment among hard liberals

220px-George-W-Bush.jpeg

iu1f7brY_400x400.png

ivysaur12

Banned
Yup. Democrats start out with 257 as a baseline.

One Virginia or one Iowa+Colorado away from a win.

Yeah, I just did the map. Yeesh. That's tough for any Republican.

Also, this is promising:

Right now it looks like Democrats are ahead in New Hampshire by about 5 points, similar to Barack Obama's margin of victory in the state in 2012. The Senate race is tight but if those Presidential numbers hold it's hard to imagine a world where a popular Governor like Hassan runs 5 points or more behind the top of the ticket.

Gotchaye

I've never even heard this term "accelerationism" before. Basically, full steam ahead to third-world to "teach everyone a lesson"?

I'm not familiar with the term either, but this is exactly what several conservatives I know have been pinning all their hopes on since around when Obama got elected. It hasn't worked yet.

NeoXChaos

accelerationism is the idea that either the prevailing system of capitalism, or certain technosocial processes that have historically characterised it, should be expanded, repurposed or accelerated in order to generate radical social change. Some contemporary accelerationist philosophy takes as its starting point the Deleuzo-Guattarian theory of deterritorialisation, aiming to identify, deepen, and radicalise the forces of deterritorialisation with a view to overcoming the countervailing tendencies that suppress the possibility of far-reaching social transformation.[1] Accelerationism may also refer more broadly, and usually pejoratively, to support for the deepening of capitalism in the belief that this will hasten its self-destructive tendencies and ultimately eventuate its collapse.[2][3]

Professedly accelerationist theory has been divided into mutually contradictory left-wing and right-wing variants, with "left-accelerationism" attempting to press "the process of technological evolution" beyond the constrictive horizon of capitalism, for example by repurposing modern technology to socially beneficial and emancipatory ends, and "right-accelerationism" supporting the indefinite intensification of capitalism itself, possibly in order to bring about a technological singularity.[4][5][6]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

HylianTom

Banned
I'm not familiar with the term either, but this is exactly what several conservatives I know have been pinning all their hopes on since around when Obama got elected. It hasn't worked yet.
It's gotta gnaw at them a bit that things haven't collapsed yet. MREs stashed-away, along with their cases of .22LR ammo and seed collections..

Democrats on the Benghazi committee release Cheryl Mill's testimony, Gowdy's spokesman accuses them of making this about Hillary and not the four Americans
Jamal Ware, a spokesman for Gowdy, said release of the transcript showed that, "once again, Democrats on the Select Committee demonstrate that for them, this is all about Hillary Clinton — and not about the four brave Americans who were killed by terrorists in Benghazi."
What...I mean, what? This is blatant misinformation. I woupdnt be surprised if morons start calling Limbaugh's show and accuse democrats of politicizing the deaths and using the committee to boost her polling numbers.

Finally, the polls can remove Biden's name.

The Bernie supporters in these threads are exactly like the Ron Paul supporters were.

Such passion put into false hope. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom