• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike M

Nick N
I almost feel sorry for Jeb!, I don't know when there was last such a drastic mismatch between expectations and reality. Christ.

It's for the best Jeb!

Live out the rest of your life. Take it easy. Relax. Go traveling and shit. Nobody hates you like they hate your brother. Don't ruin that by becoming president

Makai

Uh oh.

MIxj9fu.png

No post-debate poll yet.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Questions:

1. Does anyone else think the media gave up on fiorina? They didn't fellate her at all last night. Have they finally stopped trying to make fiorina happen?

2. Why do people keep saying Rubio is charismatic? Every answer of his except for his exchange with el yebe sounded so scripted. Come on.

Also lol at yebe getting destroyed trying to talk about fantasy football.

benjipwns

Banned
Does anyone else think the media gave up on fiorina? They didn't fellate her at all last night. Have they finally stopped trying to make fiorina happen?
They needed a "star" from the JV debates. Then actually saw Carly instead of just hearing about her great performance they didn't see it and Trump and Carson resumed their upward trend taking their points back from her.

Makai

They needed a "star" from the JV debates. Then actually saw Carly instead of just hearing about her great performance they didn't see it and Trump and Carson resumed their upward trend taking their points back from her.
Her bump was after her first debate at the main stage.

Mike M

Nick N
Uh oh.

MIxj9fu.png

No post-debate poll yet.
Why is this happening?

I get that Trump is the embodiment of bootstraps "run a government like a business" mentality while Carson is that of the theocratic right, but Trump just seems to be so much more visible and nothing sticks to him. Carson seems to just make the news for mumbling insane things and doesn't even seem to really be campaigning.

Only 14 million viewers. I wonder if it was because it was on CNBC or if the spectacle is over now that people realize Trump isn't going to tell someone to go fuck themselves on stage.

benjipwns

Banned
Typical unskewed polls nutjob, doesn't realize that the polls will swing heavily in Bernie's direction after he wins Iowa and NH and people actually start paying attention to his fresh and positive message vs. Hillary's shrill outdated and harsh one.

Her bump was after her first debate at the main stage.
She had two.

The first JV debate was August 6th. She was polling at ~1.5%. On August 18th she had jumped up to 6.3%. She then slipped all the way down to 3% before the next debate. Then she got the big boost to 12%. Which was her peak.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Perry 2012 came close, but I think Jeb! takes the crown.

I sort of love how everyone is ignoring Rubio's Perry moment, when he couldn't count the number of candidates on stage and never even realized he screw it up.

Why is this happening?

I get that Trump is the embodiment of bootstraps "run a government like a business" mentality while Carson is that of the theocratic right, but Trump just seems to be so much more visible and nothing sticks to him. Carson seems to just make the news for mumbling insane things and doesn't even seem to really be campaigning.

Carson's black.

RDreamer

Only 14 million viewers. I wonder if it was because it was on CNBC or if the spectacle is over now that people realize Trump isn't going to tell someone to go fuck themselves on stage.

It's kind of getting exhausting to watch these long ass debates between so fucking many candidates. I don't blame people for finally tuning out. The last one especially seemed to last ages.

benjipwns

Banned
Perry 2012 came close, but I think Jeb! takes the crown.
Perry had the faster disaster.

Perry on September 14, 2011 led Romney 32-20. With Ron Paul next at 9%.

He outraised Mitt Romney $17.2 million to $14.2 million in his one month in the race vs. three months by Romney.

Within six weeks he had Oops'd and was down to almost 10% trailing Cain and Romney by 10+ points.

Jeb! has been a long slow decline.

The bloom is off the rose. Too many people still on stage, and the same canned answers with close to zero follow-up from the previous debates. Last night was hard for even me to watch. I wouldn't be surprised if tons of people tuned out the second half of that debate.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The format is wrong, and people aren't getting to talk enough, but that's just because there are way too many people on stage

Exactly. They need 3-4 candidates tops, give them several minutes on a topic so they they have to go beyond the 30 second prepared sound bytes.

pigeon

Banned
Exactly. They need 3-4 candidates tops, give them several minutes on a topic so they they have to go beyond the 30 second prepared sound bytes.

This is problematic, though, because if they cut to three candidates, it's Trump, Carson, and Rubio. That's not great odds for the establishment.

As long as Trump and Carson are leading the polls, the RNC doesn't want to cut down the debates to a smaller size, because it just means more attention for Trump and Carson.

Also, most of these debate rules were announced before it became clear that Trump and Carson would dominate the race.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This is problematic, though, because if they cut to three candidates, it's Trump, Carson, and Rubio. That's not great odds for the establishment.

As long as Trump and Carson are leading the polls, the RNC doesn't want to cut down the debates to a smaller size, because it just means more attention for Trump and Carson.

Also, most of these debate rules were announced before it became clear that Trump and Carson would dominate the race.

What are the rules for debates going forward? Any criteria for "cuts"? Because they must have foreseen that there would be a number of canddidates.

Don't underestimate the World Series and NBA opener for most of the NBA teams.

In terms of scheduling, it ended up being a really bad time to have a debate.

jtb

Banned
Is there even anyone left who thinks he wont be the nominee at this point?

He has a nonexistent campaign and, so far, has been a very bad fundraiser. On paper, it all makes so much sense but he still has to go out and actually do it. even if Trump collapses, someone like Cruz seems far better positioned to consolidate all those votes than Rubio.

NeoXChaos

Is there even anyone left who thinks he wont be the nominee at this point?

We won't know fully until we see how he performs in the first 4 states. If Jeb insist on fighting it till the FL primary that will be the battleground where 2 men enter 1 man leaves.....and that Halo lol.

I don't think he'll make it to Iowa if things don't change. I feel like he'd rather drop out than allow his good family name : snicker : to be dragged through the mud. I think his pride would prevent him from taking the L in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina.

I meant that for Rubio but it applies to Jeb too. His family is not going to allow him to give up without a fight. His best and only bet is winning in NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom