• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think it's true. I don't know if it'll get better under someone like Hillary, but whatever.

I'm kind of frustrated by low income voters not showing up to vote, resulting in them getting repeatedly fucked on top of that. But this is not new, so why piss into the wind? I can at least understand why they don't vote, unlike student shitheads.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Things will get better when Obama leaves.

We lost both houses of congress for all but two years under Clinton as well as tons of governorships and legislatures.

Hillary may be less threatening than Obama to some Republican voters, but in other ways she may be even worse.

Crocodile

I don't know if that's actually true or not, but if it is I think it's horrendously sad that a single black man becoming President causes voters to behave in this manner.

Not going to lie, as a black man, this thought crossed my mind right now and I feel just plain bad right now :(

Konka

Banned
This could be a secret huge win of the night. Winning 3/3 would guarantee good redirecting in 2020

abxmhCJ.png

Let's hope it holds!

NeoXChaos

With the loss of Indianapolis, the GOP now holds the mayorship of just 3 of the nation's 30 biggest cities.

Santiago Garcia Rey ‏@SantGRey 23m23 minutes ago
Santiago Garcia Rey Retweeted Taniel
Its really amazing how Dems hold almost all major cities but Rs hold 70% of the governorships!!!

Very interesting. DId not know this but considering the Obama coalition its not surprising.

It legalizes marjuana but creates a cartel of 10 people who are the only ones who can sell it.

As in, only 10 people who can sell to consumers? Or 10 people that can grow it and distributors buy from them? Because the former sounds horrible and the latter is decent.

Good on issue 1 so far. Some article on the Nation said that this amendment going through could have huge repercussions.

On paper it's a really great approach to redistricting. So I'm very excited about it.

There are already tentative plans in place to get an initiative on the ballot next year to extend it to Congressional maps. So really, really good news.

How the fuck is Debbie Waserman Shultz still the head of the DNC jesus fucking christ.

She is well connected. I find it mind boggling that they can lose everything except the Presidency and people still have faith in the party leadership. 2014's "Nobody here likes Obama either!" Strategy might have been the worst thing I've ever seen.

The fear mongering worked despite the current front runner and every candidate besides 1 for the mayoral seat coming out in complete favor of it. I read that the churches in the city consistently told members to vote against it :( it's sad as shit.

Oblivion

10 years.

Ooh, yeah that's pretty important then.

On paper it's a really great approach to redistricting. So I'm very excited about it.

There are already tentative plans in place to get an initiative on the ballot next year to extend it to Congressional maps. So really, really good news.

I was kinda bummed out to find out that this only effects legislative lines on a state level only. :/

edit: I just checked Ohio's legislature numbers, and holy fuck. You'd think this was fucking Alabama or something with the level of control Republicans have. Jesus Christ...

I miss Dean too but I think we need fresh leadership.

Is there anyone that could actually handle the task? Tim Kaine sure as hell couldn't.

teiresias

So what's winning is a completely repeal of HERO? Doesn't HERO cover sex and race discrimination as well? How the hell does that work if it's repealed? Wouldn't that go against federal statute?

Is there anyone that could actually handle the task? Tim Kaine sure as hell couldn't.

Martin O'Malley after he fails in the 2016 primaries?

So what's winning is a completely repeal of HERO? Doesn't that cover sex and race discrimination as well? How the hell does that work? Isn't that against federal statute?

Wasn't the Civil Rights Act repealed or overruled in the last 2 years?

Oblivion

We need whoever the fuck is best at getting Dems elected. And so far, Dean has shown he did an infinitely better job than DWS.

What city are you in?

I live in Richland County.

Shitty election results and a break up. Today's been awesome for me.

Glad to see Issue 3 fail, though. I'm 100% for legalization for recreational use. I was not for that ridiculous amendment. I don't even have pot to get me through the night. Hahaha.

: single emo tear :

DWS needs to go, though. Woman's been a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom