• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

After wanting to get rid of the IRS, the GOP now wants the IRS to investigate Clinton./

http://news.yahoo.com/u-republicans-ask-irs-audit-clinton-charitys-finances-001835332.html

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. Republican Party filed a formal complaint against one of Hillary Clinton's family charities with the Internal Revenue Service on Tuesday and is calling for an audit after the charity said this week it would not refile erroneous tax returns.

The Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation's flagship health program conceded earlier this year it had misreported by millions of the dollars the money it was given by governments compared with non-government donors in its tax returns for 2012 and 2013.

The charities have come under intense scrutiny this year with Hillary Clinton remaining the favorite to become the Democratic Party's nominee in the November 2016 presidential election.

The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) originally said it was amending the forms, known as form 990s, after Reuters discovered the errors in the spring. This week, CHAI said it had decided against refiling, saying the errors had "no material impact," CHAI spokeswoman Maura Daley said.

The Republican National Committee disagrees, its chairman, Reince Priebus, said on Tuesday in his letter to IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, a copy of which was given to Reuters.

"The American people deserve to know whether the largest philanthropic arm of the Clinton Foundation continues to misreport the funds it receives from foreign governments, and whether this might lead to the potential for further conflicts of interest," Priebus wrote.

Keep fucking that chicken, Rumpelstiltskin.

benjipwns

Banned
Wow, though:
Quick, get Christie a black kid to frisk:
SherronRolax-01.jpg

ivysaur12

Banned
A problem with Washington state is just geography -- those seats in Seattle and its suburbs are really, really, really Democratic, while the Republican held seats are just pretty Republican. Makes it very hard for a Republican to win statewide, but easier to win seats, depending on how the districts are drawn.

After the last three elected Democratic governors?

Christie won because he was running as a Trenton outsider against a Democratic governor mired in scandals, and then was reelected easily because a hurricane made him look like a hero. Now he's poison to his own party in the state and the demographic trends are weighing heavily against the Republican party. The governorship is the Ds to lose.

Well Jim Hood won in MS making me 2 for 3 in predictions tonight.

Just wish I was wrong about the Republicans holding the VA Sente instead of being wrong about Conway winning.

Oh well, that PA Supreme Court election is pretty big and wasn't really on my radar.

Christie won because he was running as a Trenton outsider against a Democratic governor mired in scandals, and then was reelected easily because a hurricane made him look like a hero. Now he's poison to his own party in the state and the demographic trends are weighing heavily against the Republican party. The governorship is the Ds to lose.

I think having a Republican governor (though not as dumb as Christie) in a deep blue state can be a good thing every once in a while. Democrats sometimes do act like the stereotype: just keep raising taxes to meet the budget. NJ has the highest taxes in the nation, and so does Illinois. Our good mayor Rahm supported the budget deal made by the democratic legislature that supports the largest property tax hike in recent history, and along with new garbage collection and cable service fees. All due to the decades in the making bungled fuckery of the state pension by the Daleys and the democrats. Democrats want to plug the hole they dug by raising taxes and adding more revenue streams. No wonder companies are fleeing Illinois.

If the new KY governor gets rid of the healthcare coverage or tries to could that lead to a supreme court battle?
Don't think so. Wasn't it ruled that it was up to the states to decide whether to accept the expansion or not. So it would be within the governor's power to rescind it

benjipwns

Banned
I might have the wrong state but I thought the story was that the Governor and Democrats agreed to all these Republican demands to pass it, then the Governor just line item vetoed everything out.

EDIT: PuffingtonHost story says that Bevin's slowly backed off over the last month from "KILL IT WITH FIRE" to "reform to control costs" after speaking to the voters who like Medicaid for some stupid reason.

ivysaur12

Banned
I don't even know what this means but okay

Daily Kos Elections ‏@DKElections
Mississippi Dems buck trend, win a majority on the state's Public Service Commission. AP calls Central District for Democrat Cecil Brown.

Don't think so. Wasn't it ruled that it was up to the states to decide whether to accept the expansion or not. So it would be within the governor's power to rescind it

Yeah, but they said nothing about getting rid of it and having people losing insurance I can see someone bringing up a case about it.

I'm glad that the national media actually did a pretty good job at covering Issue 3 and all of its failings.

I was afraid it would be spun as "Backasswards Ohio squashes marijuana legalization," but most outlets did a solid job making it clear that the plan was garbage.

Yeah, the plan sucked and I acknowledged it when I voted for it; my hope was that the limited right to grow commercially would get tossed by the state Supreme Court after a legal challenge.

On the other hand, looks like we'll never get another chance at it. Marijuana legalization is dead as can be in Ohio thanks to Issue 2.

It'll be funny when Michigan and Pennsylvania both legalize it eventually and then siphon off all the tax dollars and business from it.

At least Issue 1 passed resoundingly. Ohio's not going Dem anytime in the next 20 years so it helps that the far-right supermajority can't continue to fuck over voters.

Sorry to be kinda clueless but what does the party chair have power over in the state elections? Getting the GOTV message out?

I just feel like DNC has lacked any vision on what to do since she took over. It is mostly rely on Obama and Presidential election cycle to perform well. What exactly is the DNC strategy today?

I did a search on Twitter for "white genocide" to laugh at anime avatar Nazis and then someone literally posted an image of themselves, their wife, and their newborn daughter with an unironic message of how births like this were needed to "stop #whitegenocide"

This is the darkest timeline.

I did a search on Twitter for "white genocide" to laugh at anime avatar Nazis and then someone literally posted an image of themselves, their wife, and their newborn daughter with an unironic message of how births like this were needed to "stop #whitegenocide"

This is the darkest timeline.
There is one where ted cruz wins the presidency and apple buys nintendo, so no
But in the top 10th percentile, sure

Mfw both of those things could still happen
cSYwlkB.png

There's also this other guy on Twitter who has at minimum 12 concurrent accounts (found via reverse image search) and every account only tweets about #whitegenocide.

There are really fucked up people.

User1608

Banned
There's also this other guy on Twitter who has at minimum 12 concurrent accounts (found via reverse image search) and every account only tweets about #whitegenocide.

There are really fucked up people.
Absolutely. Love arguing with them elsewhere only to be called a liberal border runner and spic. I feel good knowing these people are stupid and that their influence is slowly but surely declining.

I enjoy and welcome the pain.

benjipwns

Banned
Jeb? apologizes:
Speaking to reporters aboard his campaign bus on the first leg of a three-day swing through New Hampshire, Bush once again criticized congressional lawmakers for working a three-day week, saying lawmakers have over-promised and under-delivered to the American people in successive elections. But the GOP presidential hopeful acknowledged he was wrong to criticize the French when he was trying to highlight rival Marco Rubio’s poor voting record in the Senate.

“I made the mistake of saying that the Congress operates on a French work week,” he deadpanned. “I really did a disservice to the French,” Bush added with a chuckle Tuesday.

“My inbox was full of French journalists,” piped in campaign spokesman Tim Miller.

“I now know that the average French workweek is actually greater than the German workweek,” Bush continued. “So, my God, I totally insulted an entire country—our first ally—that helped us become free as a nation! And I apologize. That did a huge disservice to France. It didn’t really get to the magnitude of the problem: Three day work week.”

Oh I was too slow.
One year before Election Day 2016, Dr. Ben Carson is virtually tied with Donald Trump as strong front-runners for the Republican nomination, and Carson tops former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 50 - 40 percent in the final face-off, according to a Quinnipiac University National poll released today.

Trump gets 24 percent of Republican votes, with Carson at 23 percent, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 14 percent, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas at 13 percent, and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 4 percent, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. No other candidate tops 3 percent, with 9 percent undecided, and 63 percent who might change their mind.

Among Republicans, 25 percent of voters say they "would definitely not support" Trump, with 23 percent who would not back Bush.

Clinton gets 53 percent of Democrats, with 35 percent for Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, with 9 percent undecided and 44 percent who might change their mind.

Only 8 percent of Democrats say they "would definitely not support" Clinton.
Jeb:(

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe we're having a creationist like Carson leading the polls, what the fuck?

Why should this surprise you from republicans, where most believe in creationism?

Latest big polls showed 46% of Americans overall believed it, so that shouldn't be shocking in the least.

WBUR NH poll Oct 29-Nov1

Trump 18 (-4) (*since sep)
Carson 16 (-2)*
Rubio 11 (+9)*
Kasich 10 (+1)*
Christie 8 (+6)*
Bush 7 (-2)*
Fiorina 6
Cruz 6

There is no way Carson beats Hillary in the GE. Quinnipiac you so cray

you cant really compare two unelected nominees, i dont know why pollsters do it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom