• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carson's kinda right on transgender bathrooms, though. I mean, I can't believe we've never had a system like that in this country. Like, where people of one gender or race have to use one set of services, and then another group of people have to use a completely different set. A system in which it's separate but equal, ya? So like, you could have these water fountains for us gays. And they'd have rainbow stickers on them, ya? Or maybe signs...cause as a (newly) single gay man, I find I'm often thirsty. And if someone could point me away from the straight water fountains and bathrooms, I'd be sooooo much better off. Hell, let's go further. Let's make special schools for us LGBTQAEIEIO people. Cause, I'm sure that'd be a good thing. I mean, that way we can keep all fhe fabulousness to ourselves, ya?

/s just to be clear. Dude can go eff himself, if thats not too ghey for him

Did anyone see Hillary's completely on the fly answer about Laos? That woman knows her shit. I am always so impressed by how damn much she knows.

CNN Iowa Poll: Oct 29th - Nov 4th
(Aug 7th-11th)

Trump 25% (22%)
Carson 23% (14%)
Rubio 13% (5%)
Cruz 11% (8%)
Bush 5% (5%)
Fiorina 4% (7%)
Jindal 4% (2%)
Christie 3% (3%)
Graham 2% (2%)
Huckabee 2% (7%)
Kasich 2% (2%)
Paul 2% (5%)

Hillary Clinton 55%
Bernie Sanders 37%,

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
In 2012, the legendary candidate Big Loss was cloned in the Les Candiates Terribles project. Jeb got all the recessive, low energy genes. Trump got all the dominant, unstumpable genes.

Have you ever heard of the Asymmetry Theory?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually moderately surprised by that Iowa poll - Clinton put on 5 from the last CNN Iowa poll, but Sanders put on 6, which, even allowing for MoE wobbles, implies they split Biden's votes roughly equally, while all prior polling showed Clinton taking about two thirds. I'm not sure if that indicates Biden support was more anti-Hillary than pro-Biden and just moved on to the next candidate, or whether Biden dropping out masked Sanders taking voters from Clinton anyway.

HylianTom

Banned
Man.. every time it looks like polls are falling away from Trump, they do a little jig back in his direction. It looks like his ceiling in a wide field is around 25-30%. If this continues, pressure on many others to drop out is going to get intense.

If he wins Iowa and then New Hampshire..

And unemployment is down to 5%. Wowza.

FrankensteinSteppin.gif

Another month closer.

This is a little late, but with regards to the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, didn't they say they were going to change the name? I seem to recall reading that here and a bunch of people were really upset about that. Am I misremembering? Was that a different dinner? Or has it just not changed yet?

HylianTom

Banned
The Louisiana GOP continues to lose its shit over Dardenne's endorsement - and over just the general prospect of losing.

This gem was re-posted on Facebook (from its original date). The person posting it is chairman of the GOP Executive Committee of St. Tammany Parish (a suburb of New Orleans).

CTI9i-rWwAA_EwS.png

(this is the guy who compared Dardenne to a murderer for his endorsement)

==

And here's the editorial cartoon in today's newspaper:

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
The Louisiana GOP continues to lose its shit over Dardenne's endorsement - and over just the general prospect of losing.

This gem was re-posted on Facebook (from its original date). The person posting it is chairman of the GOP Executive Committee of St. Tammany Parish (a suburb of New Orleans).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTI9i-rWwAA_EwS.png

(this is the guy who compared Dardenne to a murderer for his endorsement)

Wow... *insert clever dog-whistle joke here*

benjipwns

Banned
"Regardless of this decision tonight, Senator Graham continues to be the foremost expert on foreign policy and national security in this field of candidates, on either stage," Christian Ferry, his campaign manager, said in a statement. "In the end, the biggest loser tonight is the American people and the Republican Presidential primary process that has been hijacked by news outlets."

In his own statement, Pataki said he was "very disappointed tonight that early national polls are shaping the election choices for the American people. This new trend is a danger to our primary system, a disservice to voters everywhere, especially those in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina and a clear boost for the worship of celebrity over accomplishment and ideas."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy8FSyI_Djg

Effect

CNN Iowa Poll: Oct 29th - Nov 4th
(Aug 7th-11th)

Hillary Clinton 55%
Bernie Sanders 37%,

Question. Are people still trying to compare Clinton vs Sanders to Clinton vs Obama?

Cause there was one key thing people didn't seem to be talking about in those comparisons. That was that leading up to the primaries neither one had over 50% in a polls. It was always 40 to 20 or something like that. There were a lot of people simply undecided. So when one primary swung one way and the other another way it made sense. That clearly isn't the case her and the other poll I thin kit was last week had Clinton in the 60s against Sanders. So was just curious if that had been factored in the discussions or if that was being ignored.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Ferry realizes that there is a former Secretary of State running right?

Question. Are people still trying to compare Clinton vs Sanders to Clinton vs Obama?

Cause there was one key thing people didn't seem to be talking about in those comparisons. That was that leading up to the primaries neither one had over 50% in a polls. It was always 40 to 20 or something like that. There were a lot of people simply undecided. So when one primary swung one way and the other another way it made sense. That clearly isn't the case her and the other poll I thin kit was last week had Clinton in the 60s against Sanders. So was just curious if that had been factored in the discussions or if that was being ignored.

There's way more differences than just that, but yes those differences tend to be ignored by those who make the comparison.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This Carson stuff is amazing.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this doesn't hurt him at all.

AndyD

aka andydumi
This Carson stuff is amazing.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this doesn't hurt him at all.

There will be a fanatical base that will stick with him no matter what. But as to mainstream voters, the right framing of his lies will put everything he says into doubt and scrutiny.

I hope this spurs the media to start actually scrutinizing claims from all of them, not just report their statements.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Carson's weird secretary story is actually disturbing and a bit frightening. Like, seriously, she just vanished and your reaction was actually "thanks for taking care of it God"?

Makai

Is Huelen serious? I need a Carson supporter on GAF to explain the appeal to me. I understand all of the other candidates, but not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom