• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What, did they find the stabbing victim?

No no, he totally lied about that too. The general he said he met was never in Detroit to meet him, so it couldn't have happened. Also he's changed the story like 3 times this year so who can even tell what's a lie and what isn't.

No no, he totally lied about that too. The general he said he met was never in Detroit to meet him, so it couldn't have happened. Also he's changed the story like 3 times this year so who can even tell what's a lie and what isn't.

He totally sounds like your old uncle spinning BS stories.

Given his circumstances, he probably was approached by somebody to be sponsored (which is a far, far cry from being accepted). Who knows if he even remember or understood how it all works.

Makai

"Do you think I'm a pathological liar like CNN does? Or do you think [I'm a fucking psycopathic fuck wtf is going on]"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"Do you think I'm a pathological liar like CNN does? Or do you think [I'm a fucking psycopathic fuck wtf is going on]"

Carson probably has that secretary's head in a freezer somewhere. Someone needs to check the police reports in the area for headless bodies washing up on shore.

Makai

I cannot believe this interview. The media is trying to smear Ben by painting him as a nonviolent pillar-of-the-community type.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Whoever is doing the thread for the next GOP debate needs to make Carson Two-Face and not Hush. Shit is just too perfect.

HylianTom

Banned
Rumors on Twitter from reporters/bloggers who would know are all but saying that Scott Angelle - the other Republican in last month's primary - will be endorsing Edwards on Monday.

HOLY.
SHIT.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Marco Rubio hitting a new high of 46% on predictwise. Ben Carson down to a meager 6%.

I still can't believe these people aren't buying into Trump. Did they not see that poll if Carson was out? Trump gets most of his voters.

HylianTom

Banned
Links please.

https://twitter.com/CenLamar/status/662722457376174081
"Big news in the #lagov's race expected on Monday. Stay tuned."

https://twitter.com/comicref/status/662731619476746242
"SOURCE: Put all your $ on Boudreaux's Butt Paste now cuz the butthurt factor with @DavidVitter supporters will be astronomical come Monday."

This last tweet goes to a music video entitled "Game Over."
https://twitter.com/comicref/status/662729027669508096

====

I'm trying to think of anything else it could be, aside from an endorsement. While I think anything hooker-related would be damaging, I'm not sure it'd fit this rhetoric.. unless it's recordings of Vitter asking for that abortion.

Then there's this NOLA.com article..

Scott Angelle endorsement in Louisiana governor's race? Not likely this week

His family is very upset over the ads run against him during the primary portion..

I'm of the mindset that Carson's lies will hurt him this time. Firstly, the GOP doesn't like lying about the military. Jesus himself created the US Military in 1776, so to lie about it in any capacity) should hurt you with that base. Plus, the Evangelicals do have other bat shit crazy options, mainly Cruz (or Frothy....or Huckabee). For those that supported Carson because he seemed like a reasonable fellow, I don't think they'd stand by him after this. Of course "reasonable" and "GOP Primary voters" are mutually exclusive, so maybe....I think Carson's numbers were on their way down anyway.

Plus, and god this makes me feel icky to say this, there's a segment of the GOP that believes people of non-white decent are not trustworthy and prone to violence. These lies play right into their bigoted, small minded, lizard brains.

Makai

Sorry, Rusty Nails. I need to switch up my list a lot because of recent developments. I mean fuck! I'm still laughing out loud in real life :U

Keeping it a surprise.

Rumors on Twitter from reporters/bloggers who would know are all but saying that Scott Angelle - the other Republican in last month's primary - will be endorsing Edwards on Monday.

HOLY.
SHIT.
It strikes me as obvious politics - vitter is damaged goods and these guys could run for gov next time round.

The big flaw in my reasoning, however is these guys will likely be attacked for this endorsement next time round. Might be good for a bipartisan angle, but I'm assuming that doesn't play in LA.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm of the mindset that Carson's lies will hurt him this time. Firstly, the GOP doesn't like lying about the military. Jesus himself created the US Military in 1776, so to lie about it in any capacity) should hurt you with that base. Plus, the Evangelicals do have other bat shit crazy options, mainly Cruz (or Frothy....or Huckabee). For those that supported Carson because he seemed like a reasonable fellow, I don't think they'd stand by him after this. Of course "reasonable" and "GOP Primary voters" are mutually exclusive, so maybe....I think Carson's numbers were on their way down anyway.

Plus, and god this makes me feel icky to say this, there's a segment of the GOP that believes people of non-white decent are not trustworthy and prone to violence. These lies play right into their bigoted, small minded, lizard brains.

He's already out there trying to spin this as media-created and not real. I can't imagine anybody who supports him will believe the media over him. To them, the media is evil.

Cerium

I'm trying to think of anything else it could be, aside from an endorsement. While I think anything hooker-related would be damaging, I'm not sure it'd fit this rhetoric.. unless it's recordings of Vitter asking for that abortion.
That does sound suggestive, but I'm skeptical because Angelle is still young and viewed as a likely Senate contender in the next cycle. Endorsing a Democrat would probably end his career in Louisiana. Dardenne is old and at the end of his career, a position in an Edwards administration would probably be his last stop.

If Angelle does endorse Edwards despite the obvious costs...

Ecotic

I still can't believe these people aren't buying into Trump. Did they not see that poll if Carson was out? Trump gets most of his voters.

Rubio's odds remind me of out of the money stock options. They have no intrinsic value but they have a lot of time value left. "Apple is at $120 today but I'm certain by December expiration it will be $130." But their value decays each day the stock price doesn't behave as planned.

Correspondingly, I imagine Rubio's odds will decrease each day he doesn't gain the lead.

Slime

Banned
So that forum tonight...why is it not a "debate"? Like what makes it different from a debate?

DNC rules prevent the candidates from taking part in any debates outside of the 6 sponsored ones, so the only way around that is to talk to each of them individually in a forum.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Welp, 271k jerbs created in October.

In accordance with monthly tradition, I shall once again ask what the ETA is on the job creators finally going Galt thanks to Obama's job-killing policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom