• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

HAHAHAHAA
get those 50$ ready
Got it right here

Sample-50-A-Obv.jpg

Typical of you guys to obsess over one poll with a dead heat tie. In other news, Clinton is losing Minnesota to everyone but Cruz. It's only one poll but how can it be wrong.

The midwest is finally gone.

You know what, on the balance fuck it, let Carson lead. Hell, let Carson somehow get the nomination.
If Carson won the nomination I can not wait for the patronizing-as-hell comments from right-wingers about the "real first black president" and shit like that.

Bam Bam Baklava said:
Typical of you guys to obsess over one poll with a dead heat tie. In other news, Clinton is losing Minnesota to everyone but Cruz. It's only one poll but how can it be wrong.

The midwest is finally gone.
Let me just say that any poll that has a Republican winning in Minnesota is highly suspect.

Oh it's from SurveyUSA. Their polls are terrible. How did Kentucky go again?

You know what, on the balance fuck it, let Carson lead. Hell, let Carson somehow get the nomination.

I wonder what would happen if this were to occur and (god willing) he loses.. "Democrats are the real racists for blocking the first REAL black president...unlike that Arab communist OBUMMA". That's what I think would be the right wing media bubble response.

I mean...I hate to use this line of argument. I've been specifically avoiding it throughout the entire Carson campaign because I find it uncomfortable.

But...does the base think he's electable because "he's a black guy, it shows we're not racist, and he'll turn out the black vote for us"?

I honestly think that is in the back of their minds.. Yes.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
McClatchy/Marist poll

Wish they had specific numbers but whatever. Carson is first in the primary followed by Trump.

Interesting that Clinton and Sanders don't have a huge electability difference but they perform better or worse depending on the GOP candidate. Clinton does better against Carson, Rubio, and Trump. Sanders does better against Bush, Cruz and Fiorina.

I mean...I hate to use this line of argument. I've been specifically avoiding it throughout the entire Carson campaign because I find it uncomfortable.

But...does the base think he's electable because "he's a black guy, it shows we're not racist, and he'll turn out the black vote for us"?

Trump has been winning the "most electable" category. It means little other than people think the candidate they like is electable.

Eliana JohnsonVerified account
‏@elianayjohnson
One Bush donor tells me tomorrow's debate is essentially Bush's last chance...

I should add, said donor says Bush merely needs to "hit a single" and "get on base" to stay alive...
we shall see

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Noooo, wtf

what

the

fuck

He's indestructible.. I mean.. Jesus.

How were you not expecting this?

Nothing will damage this guy on the right other than the other candidates. The "liberal media" and their "smear campaign" can't do it, because the voters literally think every news organization other than Fox News is "liberal media" and any time anyone reports a story it's a "smear campaign."

His main problem is that he's playing his "liberal media conspiracy" card WAY too early in the cycle. Even GOP voters will eventually get bored of this. Trump is going to destroy him in the debates, as will Rubio/Bush/Cruz. They have to, because he's the leader. He can't claim "liberal media conspiracy" when his own fellow candidates are slamming him.

I'm more interested in seeing general public favorability numbers at this point. If THOSE didn't drop? He's got a shot at the presidency.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Nothing will damage this guy on the right other than the other candidates. The "liberal media" and their "smear campaign" can't do it, because the voters literally think every news organization other than Fox News is "liberal media" and any time anyone reports a story it's a "smear campaign."

His main problem is that he's playing his "liberal media conspiracy" card WAY too early in the cycle.

I really thought things like the scholarship thing or the genuine stupidity of the pyramids comment or any of the stuff around attacking people when he was younger would hurt him. I don't like calling people stupid, ever. But I can't think of another word to describe someone who sees all of that and still says "yup, he's the guy". This isn't a case of differing ideology or misinformation or anything, the last week has revealed Carson to be far more of a moron than I ever expected and I don't get who's voting to support him

You guys. Evangelical vote is the strongest in SC after Iowa. It's no brainer he's doing well. Remember McCain's black baby whisper campaign? I would be more surprised if Carson didn't win SC.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

His main problem is that he's playing his "liberal media conspiracy" card WAY too early in the cycle. Even GOP voters will eventually get bored of this. Trump is going to destroy him in the debates, as will Rubio/Bush/Cruz. They have to, because he's the leader. He can't claim "liberal media conspiracy" when his own fellow candidates are slamming him.

I'm more interested in seeing general public favorability numbers at this point. If THOSE didn't drop? He's got a shot at the presidency.

Trump will take him down in a classy and luxurious way. I believe in my ultimate comedy option.

Makai

His main problem is that he's playing his "liberal media conspiracy" card WAY too early in the cycle.
I thought he was done after the knife and hammer stories. I didn't expect Republicans to turn around to say, "you've got the juice now."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You guys. Evangelical vote is the strongest in SC after Iowa. It's no brainer he's doing well. Remember McCain's black baby whisper campaign? I would be more surprised if Carson didn't win SC.

Exactly--Carson should be expected to win SC AND Iowa because of evangelicals. Once the other states get involved, that's where the real race is.

Yes. Yes they do.

He would lose black voters by the same 90-10 range that every GOPer loses by. GOP assumes too much that minorities vote based on identity politics but you remind black voters (some of whom may not be familiar with Carson's political leanings and only know him as a successful doctor) that he's anti-choice, anti-welfare, anti-Obamacare, etc. while sucking up to white Fox News anchors about how black people just need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and any chance he'd have at making inroads with that community would fade.

Plinko

Yes. Yes they do.

He would lose black voters by the same 90-10 range that every GOPer loses by. GOP assumes too much that minorities vote based on identity politics but you remind black voters (some of whom may not be familiar with Carson's political leanings and only know him as a successful doctor) that he's anti-choice, anti-welfare, anti-Obamacare, etc. while sucking up to white Fox News anchors about how black people just need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps and any chance he'd have at making inroads with that community would fade.

Don't forget the "Completely denies that systemic racism exists in America." That's a huge favorite of the GOP.

What I'm concerned about is how the media reacts to Carson, not polling. Will the media back off digging more into his past, for the fear of being labeled partisan? Will they stop asking him questions for the fear of not getting press time with his campaign? I remember the media being slapped around by W's campaign for going after his Air Force records, and they dropped it altogether because they didn't want to look unpatriotic.

Will Carson be able to weather the storm? All points look like he will. That's most concerning, that legit questions about his lies becoming background noise.

Makai

What I'm concerned about is how the media reacts to Carson, not polling. Will the media back off digging more into his past, for the fear of being labeled partisan? Will they stop asking him questions for the fear of not getting press time with his campaign? I remember the media being slapped around by W's campaign for going after his Air Force records, and they dropped it altogether because they didn't want to look unpatriotic.

Will Carson be able to weather the storm? All points look like he will. That's most concerning, that legit questions about his lies becoming background noise.
No, even the other candidates are jumping in on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtRYxDGEZE

With the exception of Jeb - "I trust him"

His support in the polls has been broader than just hardcore supporters that won't care about this. A lot of that 24%+ are probably people that know little about him beyond liking how nice and soft spoken he is. Tarnishing him as a liar will deal damage.
MSfHpbX.jpg

also here is something funny i saw on imgur

XmDRd0J.jpg

grover norquist isn't homophobic but just go with it

Plinko

Interesting that Trump keeps attacking the "pathological disease" thing Carson admitted about himself. I still think Carson keeps playing the "Everybody is against me! I'm so persecuted!" angle and it pays off.

Makai

Interesting that Trump keeps attacking the "pathological disease" thing Carson admitted about himself. I still think Carson keeps playing the "Everybody is against me! I'm so persecuted!" angle and it pays off.
The stabbing victim will reveal themselves and his belt buckle just in time for the Iowa primary.

NeoXChaos

https://twitter.com/CenLamar/status/662722457376174081
"Big news in the #lagov's race expected on Monday. Stay tuned."

https://twitter.com/comicref/status/662731619476746242
"SOURCE: Put all your $ on Boudreaux's Butt Paste now cuz the butthurt factor with @DavidVitter supporters will be astronomical come Monday."

This last tweet goes to a music video entitled "Game Over."
https://twitter.com/comicref/status/662729027669508096

====

I'm trying to think of anything else it could be, aside from an endorsement. While I think anything hooker-related would be damaging, I'm not sure it'd fit this rhetoric.. unless it's recordings of Vitter asking for that abortion.

Then there's this NOLA.com article..

Scott Angelle endorsement in Louisiana governor's race? Not likely this week

His family is very upset over the ads run against him during the primary portion..

It is monday and nothing has happened.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's only going to work for so long.

Makai

Carson's gonna get owned in the debate. I can feel it. It's too bad Christie's not on the stage because it could have been him. I'm guessing Trump goes in on him and Cruz stealthily takes him out.

HylianTom

Banned
It is monday and nothing has happened.
That's what I've been grumbling to myself.

I also loved this quote from Edwards when questioned on the topic of interest groups:
"My record is solidly in middle. I don't give 100% to anyone but my wife."

I mean, hot damn..

NeoXChaos

That's what I've been grumbling to myself.

I also loved this quote from Edwards when questioned on the topic of interest groups:
"My record is solidly in middle. I don't give 100% to anyone but my wife."

I mean, hot damn..

ask them where is the story. I am starving.

HylianTom

Banned
ask them where is the story. I am starving.
I brought it up a few hours ago; still waiting.

The candidates are in a forum right now. From what I understand, it's been pretty nasty. Only able to follow-along via Twitter since I'm stuck at work. Vitter accused the sheriff of Jefferson Parish (the one whom he was spying on in the coffee shop) of some sort of illegal activities. Seems desperate.

Plinko

That's only going to work for so long.

Yes--it's way too early for this.

Carson's gonna get owned in the debate. I can feel it. It's too bad Christie's not on the stage because it could have been him. I'm guessing Trump goes in on him and Cruz stealthily takes him out.

He has been getting owned in every debate. It has zero effect on voters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He has been getting owned in every debate. It has zero effect on voters.

He's been getting owned by the moderators, it isn't the same thing as Trump stealing his soul. He can play the persecution card so long as it's just the media going in on him, as soon as the other candidates start it'll stop working. He played that card way too early and too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom