• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

CTZMebDU8AAQXuK.jpg:large

I think I understand politics now.
"Wait till he's actually born, though."

SL128

Sometime soon, Ben Carson is going to come out about an affair with a braindead patient, and it won't affect him at all. Then it will turn out he lied to make himself look good, and it won't affect him at all.
I don't know if I was joking then, and I certainly don't know if I'm joking now.

Rubio's economic platform is mildly interesting, I don't know if we've seen a candidate less concerned about the deficit since... ever? Not sure Rubio planning to increase the debt by maybe double is going to be THAT harmful, but it's still going to be a bit of whiplash from the last 7 years of Republican economic yelling.

Rubio's economic platform is mildly interesting, I don't know if we've seen a candidate less concerned about the deficit since... ever? Not sure Rubio planning to increase the debt by maybe double is going to be THAT harmful, but it's still going to be a bit of whiplash from the last 7 years of Republican economic yelling.

Depends entirely on where the money goes and on which places he'll cut from to try to maintain a semblance of balance in order to pay lip service to fiscal conservatism.

Ben Shapiro has the literal only idea that could turn the south blue, Republicans encouraging banning college football:

The University of Missouri Football Team Forced The President to Resign. It's Time to Cut College Football.

Shapiro has been melting down over Missouri for the entire week to the point where his brain has literally melted out of his skull due to the hotness of his takes.

Konka

Banned
Ben Shapiro has the literal only idea that could turn the south blue, Republicans encouraging banning college football:

Shapiro has been melting down over Missouri for the entire week to the point where his brain has literally melted out of his skull due to the hotness of his takes.

Somebody get Carson to run on that. See how long he lasts...

let me guess, BLM gets the blame too?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The Dems are going to win all the EV's.

You might as well take Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan off the list as well should any person seriously consider this.. Dumb ass idea.

God forbid that the athletes take a stand on the issue. Just sit back and play on the field and shut up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Batman, I can post the debate thread today, right?

Debate's tomorrow right? Go for it.

On a side note, I am totally calling dibs on the general election debate threads. I am not putting my "The Road So Far" video planning to waste. Shit is shaping up to be hot fire so far.

ivysaur12

Banned
Obama's national approval is at ~46%. He won Minnesota in 2012 by 7.69%. Yet we're to believe he has an approval/disapproval of 37/56 in the state?

That WSJ piece is an absolutely focused takedown of all Carson's lies so far, methodically listing his claims and saying there is no evidence to back those up.

- Shielding white people at Yale
- Yale pulling a hoax to find the most honest student
- violent past
- Popeyes standoff
- Mannatech relations
- "Scholarship" at Westpoint.

Some of them are beyond obnoxious embellishments; they're forgeries. Dude's shit is on fire in all directions.

It's funny that so many people seem perplexed by the level of support Carson has gotten.

It's quite simple: Conservatives like Ben Carson for the same reasons they liked Bill Cosby.

Unskewers gonna unskew.
Unskewing: "If you add ten points to the Republican you get an accurate result!"

Not unskewing: "This poll sucks"

Questioning a poll's accuracy given that pollster's track record and that state's political leanings is not unskewing. Quinnipiac and SurveyUSA in particular are established but have produced many wacky results.

Hey guys, remember Rasmussen?

Makai

Debate's tomorrow right? Go for it.

On a side note, I am totally calling dibs on the general election debate threads. I am not putting my "The Road So Far" video planning to waste. Shit is shaping up to be hot fire so far.
The People will decide, sir! You're assuming they won't demand I make all subsequent threads :U

#Hype

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Rubio wondering where his liberal smear campaign is. He could use the boost in the polls.

Maybe he should have chosen a less busy news cycle to air that dirty laundry.

User 406

Banned
It's funny that so many people seem perplexed by the level of support Carson has gotten.

It's quite simple: Conservatives like Ben Carson for the same reasons they liked Bill Cosby.

Furthermore, the level of hyperbolic bafflement at Carson's lies not hurting him with right wing authoritarians is really god damn silly for a place that calls itself PoliGAF. Cognitive dissonance and rationalizing away everything bad about a chosen leader is par for the course with these people, and everyone here should be intimately familiar with that by now.

Luntz focus group said:
One hard-core supporter compared Trump to Ronald Reagan and said it was likely he would be elected. A man in the row behind her shouted her down.

“He changes his positions like he changes his underwear!” he said. “He donated to Hillary! He’s donated to all these Democrats!”

“I don’t care!” the supporter shot back.

C'mon guys.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/186551/d...ction 2016&g_medium=newsfeed&g_campaign=tiles
Democrats have become increasingly positive about Hillary Clinton since the highly viewed Democratic debate on Oct. 13. Her favorable ratings have increased from 72% for the two-week period just before the debate to 78% now, and her unfavorable rating has dropped from 23% to 15%. Clinton's resulting +63 net favorable rating is now her highest since Gallup began tracking views of the candidates daily on July 8, although still lower than measures taken before she became an active candidate last spring.

As Gallup has seen at previous points in the campaign this year, Sanders' image is far worse among black Democrats than is Clinton's, as evidenced by his +21 net favorable among this group compared with +89 for Clinton. Sanders' weaker image score among black Democrats is partly a reflection of his lower familiarity rating -- 55% of black Democrats don't know enough about him to rate him. In contrast, 91% are familiar with Clinton, with almost all rating her favorably.

o9qvhcfileojnqxiqxg9ma.png

A 90/1 Favorable/Unfavorable rating with black Democrats is insane. South Carolina is going to be a bloodbath.

Furthermore, the level of hyperbolic bafflement at Carson's lies not hurting him with right wing authoritarians is really god damn silly for a place that calls itself PoliGAF. Cognitive dissonance and rationalizing away everything bad about a chosen leader is par for the course with these people, and everyone here should be intimately familiar with that by now.

C'mon guys.
Remember that old adage "Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love"?

I think 2016 will decisively lay that one to rest.

Cerium

Remember that old adage "Republicans fall in line, Democrats fall in love"?

I think 2016 will decisively lay that one to rest.

"Democrats fall in line, Republicans fall apart."

We've come a long way since 2008. I think Obama, and Clinton as well, deserve credit for working to unite the party after all the bitterness of that primary.

So, I've been meaning to ask. How does a belt buckle protect you from a stabbing? Was Carson trying to stab Bob in like the crotch or something? Or was it just a huge assed belt buckle. And even then, why did Carson try to stab Bob only once and then give up? Did his knife break on the belt buckle? Or is he just a giver upper.

----

In other news, the League of Conservation Voters Fund endorsed Clinton, over the other two. And plan to mobilise their operations towards volunteering for her.

Sanders Nevada state director resigned, citing personal reasons I think.

Sanders seems to be getting grumpy with the "media" too.

So, I've been meaning to ask. How does a belt buckle protect you from a stabbing? Was Carson trying to stab Bob in like the crotch or something? Or was it just a huge assed belt buckle. And even then, why did Carson try to stab Bob only once and then give up? Did his knife break on the belt buckle? Or is he just a giver upper.

----

In other news, the League of Conservation Voters Fund endorsed Clinton, over the other two. And plan to mobilise their operations towards volunteering for her.

Sanders Nevada state director resigned, citing personal reasons I think.

Sanders seems to be getting grumpy with the "media" too.
If you watch the made for lifetime movie gifted hands, they show that he stabs them above the crotch area. I agree, it is a weird deflection from a frontal knife attack.

User 406

Banned

When we lived in Oklahoma, my dad used to rock these huge assfuck belt buckles all the time that would give Flavor Flav pause. So, I could see it happening.

il_570xN.491578411_ngzi.jpg

"It'll keep the bullets off ya back!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom