• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, again, Sanders is not Obama. They're not even comparable. I know a lot of Sanders fans really, really, really want them to be...but they're not. Not even close.

And thank heavens for that ;). Seriously though, as I wrote, it's precisely because Bernie has thoroughly demonstrated that he isn't just a "slick operator", that I think Bernie has the potential to far eclipse what Obama achieved, given the competition, especially, on the GOP front (i.e. I respectfuly, but wholeheartedly, reject your premise).

I'll tell you one thing, despite being the wise old age of 74, he seems to have boundless energy, and has possibly already exceeded the speaking engagements of Obama, in the 08 primary (purely based on variety of YT videos I see), or at least, exceeded the count, at this point in the campaign. As I mentioned previously, he totally smashed Obama's attendance record, for a primary event.

P.S. I updated my original post to mention one of the other nice union "gets" he received: the 185k strong, National Nurses United union, as covered in the 6 Reasons Why the Nurses Union Endorsed Bernie Sanders Over Hillary Clinton, Ecowatch article.

Wilsongt

Gotta love how Rubio is attacking the other candidates for immigration reform and anmesty when he himself was the face of it for a while.

http://edition.cnn.com/specials/politics/washington-politics
Donald Trump said Thursday that Ben Carson's self-described "pathological temper" is incurable -- adding that it's like the sickness of a "child molester."

"It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper," Trump told "Erin Burnett OutFront," speaking about Carson's autobiography. "That's a big problem because you don't cure that ... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that."

Gotta love how Rubio is attacking the other candidates for immigration reform and anmesty when he himself was the face of it for a while.

Mine as well per-emptively attack rather than wait around for the ineveitable hammer to be dropped.

Anywhoooo, it other news, another Romney boomlet?!

According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney — despite his insistence that he will not run again. Friends have mapped out a strategy for a late entry to pick up delegates and vie for the nomination in a convention fight, according to the Republicans, who were briefed on the talks, though Romney has shown no indication of reviving his interest.

These guys are desperate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ea88a6-895b-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

Yep, this country is fucked up in parts:

YouGov-GOPImmigration-1.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
What is keeping these donors from Rubio to the point where they're pining for Romney to swoop in and save the party?

Something smells to high heaven.

Why do some of you guys not believe that illegal immigration is a major issue?

illegal immigration (from mexico) has been zero or negative for the past five years or so.

Clinton: "Not only that, just wrong. Basically between 2010 and 2014, there was no net in-migration from Mexico. That surprise you all? All we read about is the violence and the drug war. The truth is that the previous president built 140 tuition free universities. Two years ago, the Mexicans produced 113,000 engineers. We produced 120,000. They’ve had very brisk growth, and except in the narco-centers, the crime rate, the murder rate has gone down. It’s a very interesting country."

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jun/22/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-zero-net-migration-mexico-2010/

Illegal immigration is nowhere near the issue republicans think it is. Good for getting the racists riled up though.

danm999

I just read it as a group uneasy at demographic changes latching onto somebody giving a veiled promise he can reverse or stem those demographic changes.

Makai

Doesn't open borders advocate for a centralized global government? Though it might be the ultimate goal for humanity, I'm not sure if that is what we need right now. Other countries need to develop themselves before we could work towards something like global open borders.
No, it just means lots of migrant workers. Which is what we have anyway, only illegal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There definitely isn't. Trump gives no fucks and is going scorched earth on everybody.

The scariest part for the GOP has got to be that he hasn't even started to spend his own money yet. Not only does he know exactly how to hit them, but he's got the money to carpet bomb everywhere.

The scariest part for the GOP has got to be that he hasn't even started to spend his own money yet. Not only does he know exactly how to hit them, but he's got the money to carpet bomb everywhere.

The american people got fucking ROBBED by not having Trump jump in back in 2012. ROBBED.

Trump vs. Romney? you know how awesome that would have been?

params7

Banned
No, it just means lots of migrant workers. Which is what we have anyway, only illegal.

That article highly underestimate the amount of immigration that will take place. America's population will double within half a decade. Being an immigrant myself I know half of India will buy tickets to come and settle here. Airlines would love it, I'm not sure the natives of U.S. and the welfare systems will.

Makai

That article highly underestimate the amount of immigration that will take place. America's population will double within half a decade. Being an immigrant myself I know half of India will buy tickets to come and settle here. Airlines would love it, I'm not sure the natives of U.S. and the welfare systems will.
Double digit GDP growth if our population doubles.

params7

Banned
Double digit GDP growth if our population doubles.

At the cost sudden culture shock, potential civil unrest and tons of social upheaval. There will be more firecrackers bursting on the India's date of Diwali festival in the U.S. than on the 4th of July.

Makai

At the cost sudden culture shock, potential civil unrest and tons of social upheaval. There will be more firecrackers bursting on the India's date of Diwali festival in the U.S. than on the 4th of July.
I'd trade American monoculture for double GDP any day.

More fireworks -> more GDP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom