• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

zargle

Random thought I had today: If Trump does manage to win the nomination and possibly the general, would we see a surge in children named Trump or Donald or something even more silly but still related to him, a la people naming kids after TV show characters (Game of Thrones and others) or after other popular figures (british monarchy)?

Really I wanna know if a child will be named Huge. At least one, right?

ivysaur12

Banned
So we all think the refugee issue is going to sink Edwards, right?

All the polling save one firm has him up by similar amounts after the refugee ads, so it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. I mean, it could, and we'll see at 8pm, but it isn't reflected in the polling.

teiresias

The election is too far away for this to have any significance. So long as there's no attack on the US between now and election day this is just a sideshow.

History books in the future will have a whole chapter devoted to how an ISIS attack on a WWE event prompted the election of a fascism-instating President Trump.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If he loses after all this polling then all polls should just not sample democrats, who will be renamed Dumboshits.

ivysaur12

Banned
Also I'm going to see up a private chat later. If this works we can use it for other primary elections next year and eventually the Big One.

If JBE loses then I don't know why we even have polls anymore. Ever since 2010 there's been way too many high profile misses from pollsters and it really diminishes the reliability of the practice.

Actually, even in 2008 there was some bullshit going around. The culprits being Zogby and IBD/TIPP showing McCain leads until the end when they mysteriously got closer to the polling averages.

Cerium

The Obama campaign feared a black swan event in 2012 because they knew it was the only thing that could give the election to Romney. There was a moment when they thought Hurricane Sandy might be it, but in the end that only helped Obama.

The Obama campaign feared a black swan event in 2012 because they knew it was the only thing that could give the election to Romney. There was a moment when they thought Hurricane Sandy might be it, but in the end that only helped Obama.

People just trying to lie about 2012. Hillary lied, Benghazi died.

Ecotic

I've always felt that if Democrats are to lose in 2016 it will be because of one of the following two things (besides an attack here). Obama's ratings deteriorating a few points in recent days show the vulnerability of the second.

1. 7-year business cycle downturn.
2. ISIS or Russia does something that dominates the news for months and drives Obama's approval into the low 40's.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This "debate" on the Syrian refugees has really disgusted me more than usual when it comes to politics. I actually stayed away from most of the major political sites I normally visit.

ivysaur12

Banned
Louisiana SoS says that so far there's been "slow to moderate" turnout. A lot of that is probably the rain. 4 hours left.

Rain has apparently mostly cleared? Everywhere except drizzling in NOLA, it seems :-\

I voted. I honestly don't think Edwards will win. Those undecideds in the polling are probably republicans too embarrassed to admit that they're voting for Vitter.

ivysaur12

Banned
I voted. I honestly don't think Edwards will win. Those undecideds in the polling are probably republicans too embarrassed to admit that they're voting for Vitter.

JBE is clearing 50% in the polls. Even if all of the undecideds went to Vitter, he'd still win.

I think it'll be very very close regardless.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Louisiana SoS says that so far there's been "slow to moderate" turnout. A lot of that is probably the rain. 4 hours left.

Rain has apparently mostly cleared? Everywhere except drizzling in NOLA, it seems :-
What about early voting?

Also yeah he's going to lose. He's a democrat and Obama has ruined the party. Rooned! Also Debbie.

Most Vitter supporters seem unenthusiastic to me, while many Edwards supporters really, really want to see a change.

Low turnout might not have the effect we're used to seeing.

Everyone seems to dislike Vitter, with those voting for him primarily doing so because they don't want a Democrat to win.

User 406

Banned
I am not EVEN gonna hear anything bad about Debbie! >:|

ocp_product-nhacua-a0t1u3-f4rq5m.png

My son got one of these in his trick-or-treat haul, he wouldn't let me have it. :(

ivysaur12

Banned
Most Vitter supporters seem unenthusiastic to me, while many Edwards supporters really, really want to see a change.

Low turnout might not have the effect we're used to seeing.

Everyone seems to dislike Vitter, with those voting for him primarily doing so because they don't want a Democrat to win.

That was also the pattern in early voting.

SmokeMaxX

JBE's stock on PredictIt has spiked up. Usually a really good sign since IMO it's often a result of private information (internal polling for example). Could just be variance though since it dropped massively a few hours ago.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
JBE's stock on PredictIt has spiked up. Usually a really good sign since IMO it's often a result of private information (internal polling for example). Could just be variance though since it dropped massively a few hours ago.

If that's the case it could just be a correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom