• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
I thought Limbaugh endorsed Trump months ago. Glenn Beck hates Trump. I don't think most of the Fox News guys have come around, either.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...aughs-evasive-embrace-of-donald-trump/401735/ and this is par for the course with Rush really.

I don't consider Glenn Beck part of BIG CONSERVATIVE MEDIA anymore. He's off starting his own highly entertaining highly religious yet oddly libertarian cult. With the oddest company structure known to man.

Hannity was basically orgasmic in an interview with Trump immediately after that one debate.

Ted Baxter O'Reilly does anything that lets Ted Baxter opine and get attention really.

Other than that I'm not sure who to track down on Fox, or elsewhere, with big pull.

I don't think Red Eye w/ Tom Shillue has taken a position.

benjipwns

Banned
It amuses me to no end that benji listens to and enjoys(presumably) michael savage. His old jewish man screaming style of oration is unlistenable
That said I would listen to him over levin and hannity every time. They are establishment bullshitters and even worse, bores
Savage is amazing. He goes from screaming about the death of the country to wondering why he even does his show anymore to talking about some dinner he had to just randomly playing music to cutting off and screaming at callers who agree with him to discussing botany all within an hour. He's endlessly fascinating. Once his favorite Chinese restaurant closed down, so he spent the entire first hour reminiscing about meals and the owner and the historical background of ingredients.

Levin's schtick is the worst there is. (Though I do like how he goes "Mr. Producer, GO!") Even worse than Hannity's banal repetition.

benjipwns

Banned
Michael savage can bring the lols on ocassion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD-6__LUE6E
It has been years since i heard this for the first time n this is still cracking me up.
Great moments in modern Savage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmXCzm7xla8#t=38m15s

Also from before 2014 elections since it came up in my search:
“Just as Stalin purged his generals, albeit in a more bloody manner, Obama has been purging the military,” Savage said, comparing Obama to one of history most evil monsters, while suggesting – falsely – that he has forced 8,000 officers from the military for political reasons.

Given his alarmist view of Obama, it is not so surprising that Savage believes the president might try to instigate some type of insurrection in order to grab even more power.

“My worst fear is that they are going to provoke an insurrection in this country as a pretext to aggrandize more power and possibly start taking more liberties with the Second Amendment,” he said

But have no fear. Savage’s book presents a solution to the Obama problem: vote Republican in November.

“I focus in ‘Stop The Coming Civil War’ on these attacks on our schools, on our borders, our language, our culture, our military,” he said. “And I focus on it for one reason: We have 30 days to save America. Why do I say that? It is as simple as this: We have to throw every Democrat out and we have to put in the opposition party.”

“Well, I wouldn’t go that far because we don’t know what he is going to do in two years. I know what he is doing right now,” Savage says when asked whether he believes the president is angling to hold onto power indefinitely, as Stalin-esque leaders tend to do.

“I don’t know. I can’t even think that far ahead,” he said, when pressed on the same question later in the interview. “I don’t know what he can or cannot do. I do know that anything is possible because if someone would have said that he wouldn’t limit flights from an Ebola area and he wouldn’t get away with it, I‘d say your crazy.”

In Savage’s telling, Obama is working with his elite friends to create a “New World Order,” one “without any borders, without any single language, without a single cultural identity.”

“This is part of the New World Order in the sense of the new Soviet world. It’s sort of emerging like a new Soviet world ruled by a power elite,” he says.

Tarkus

Yes. He kisses Trump's ring to get him on the show for entertainment. They're simply friends. He's claimed support for Hillary several times. I'm pretty sure he threw out $2700 for her in June. That's the max donation right?

And Stern goes on a rant like that daily. Again, material for the show.

HylianTom

Banned
Either "fuck you, got mine" or "pulling the ladder up" - where you're safely on your way up and you screw the folks below you.
huge.104.520350.JPG

===

So.. last night really happened, eh? New Orleans and people of moderate views finally have a voice here. I feel like a saw a unicorn riding a leprechaun last night. This just doesn't happen often enough. Can't stop smiling!

===

And then there are new CBS polls showing Trump regaining his lead in Iowa, holding his lead in New Hampshire, and leading nationally. And a new ABC poll showing him with a huge lead?!

Iowa GOP poll - CBS
Trump 30%
Cruz 21%
Carson 19%
Rubio 11%
Bush 5%
Fiorina 4%

N.H. GOP poll - CBS
Trump 32%
Rubio 13%
Carson/Cruz 10%
Kasich 8%
Bush/Fiorina/Paul 6%
Christie 5%

(ABC poll to come)

AND - annnnnd - Trump refuses to rule-out an independent run on ABC with George Stephanopoulos?
{*cue more reports of GOP establishment panic*}

This has to be my favorite Sunday since the post-Benghazi blowout.

FrankensteinSteppin.gif

The Jeb?!? love around here was always funny to me because conservative media was always painting him (and Christie) as a betrayer to the cause and getting excited with practically everyone else who started jumping in who was more conservative.

That was exactly what they said about McCain and Romney too, though.

Makai

ABC/Washington Post

Jeb Bush (R) 6%
Ben Carson (R) 22%
Chris Christie (R) 2%
Ted Cruz (R) 8%
Carly Fiorina (R) 4%
Lindsey Graham (R) 1%
Mike Huckabee (R) 3%
John Kasich (R) 3%
None 1%
Not voting 1%
Rand Paul (R) 3%
Marco Rubio (R) 11%
Rick Santorum (R) 1%
Donald Trump (R) 32%
Undecided 3%

Hahahahaha

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump would not rule out making a run for president as an Independent despite signing a pledge in September saying he would support the eventual GOP nominee instead of running a third-party bid.

“I’m going to have to see what happens. I will see what happens. I have to be treated fairly,” Trump said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” when asked about a new guerrilla effort by operatives within the Republican Party to derail Trump’s candidacy. “When I did this, I said I have to be treated fairly. If I’m treated fairly, I’m fine. All I want to do is [have] a level playing field."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-isnt-ruling-independent-run/story?id=35335721

I think hardcore Democrats (like PoliGAF is) are too interested in Trump being nominated right now. He would be incredibly easy to beat yes, but his hate speech is getting out of control and I'm worried we're going to get Trump supporters bombing or shooting up Mosques soon.

based on the polls, i think it's hardcore republicans who are the ones actually interested in Trump becoming nominated.

I'm a Democrat, and I would love to see Trump nominated. Hillary's path to presidency becomes a lot easier if she has to face Trump, rather than Rubio. Even Cruz would do better against Hillary in the general than Trump.

Poll: Trump retakes lead, Cruz surges in IA; Rubio second in NH

Since last month, Ted Cruz has gained ground -- and Ben Carson has lost ground -- among some key voting groups in Iowa: evangelicals, Tea Party supporters, those who are very conservative and older voters. And while Trump still leads among some of these groups, it's Cruz who is ahead among the very conservative, and Trump leads Cruz by just two points among evangelical voters.

Cruz's move has come directly at the expense of Carson, as nearly one-quarter of his voters switched.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Fox News Poll out too

Trump 28% (+2);
Carson 18% (-5);
Rubio 14% (+3);
Cruz 14% (+3);
Bush 5% (+1);
Christie 3% (+1)

Carson plummeting, "Anti-establishment" Cruz being the new establishment favorite, and Trump not ruling out a third-party run? The only thing that could make this day better is the Lions getting blown out and firing everyone else.

But with a greater prospect of more minorities getting killed in hate crimes.
That's a very real possibility. I see Trump's nomination as a total indictment of GOP as a party unfit to govern and a pitable descent into fascism. Whether us who're more into schadenfraude support Trump or Carson it doesn't matter. What matters is the primary electorate that's fueling their rise and all we can do is hope nothing terrible happens.

Cheebo

Banned
I decided to take a look at the Sanders Reddit thread about JBE winning. Of course most are angry Dems supported him, calling him a Republican and this is yet another reason why the Democratic Party is terrible. That the party should disband if they nominate candidates like JBE. And so on. And that. "true progressive" can win if Bernie was on top of the ticket.

Gotta love Bernie-stans. Rather be pure than win.

HylianTom

Banned
I decided to take a look at the Sanders Reddit thread about JBE winning. Of course most are angry Dems supported him, calling him a Republican and this is yet another reason why the Democratic Party is terrible. That the party should disband if they nominate candidates like JBE. And so on. And that. "true progressive" can win if Bernie was on top of the ticket.

Never mind that a few hundred thousand people in Louisiana are now going to have better access to healthcare, right? Let's turn-down that tiny, negligible slice of bread and hold our collective breath until we get the whole loaf..

smh..

Iolo

As of now Trump outlasted the Rick Rocket, Cain Train and Gingrich Barge. He's not a barely frontrunner like Mitt. He's GOP's Hillary 2016 status frontrunner.

Gingrich Cruise, I think. Remember he left on a Greek Cruise with Callista despite being begged by his aides not to go.

Sianos

Rubio is a disgusting human:

https://twitter.com/JoshDorner/status/668467987758845952

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXmMl0_RnXg

"The terrorists hate us because we let women drive." go shove up a handgun up your asshole, person that supports Saudi Arabia.

There is something really peculiar about how republicans blast hardline conservative Islam for its treatment of women.

Republicans say things like "women get raped because they wear clothing that's too revealing and therefore are asking for it", yet oppose the burqa even though it is exactly what they themselves are campaigning for.

They have similar views on abortion as well, ironically with all but the most conservative Muslims actually being more progressive about it than republicans are.

And on a similar note, they both seem to have disparaging views toward homosexuality and a flimsy understand of the psychological concepts underlying gender.

I thought Wendy Davis would have crushed this myth that there's a silent Left majority in every state, just waiting to sweep a candidate into office, but only if they clear an undefined bar of progressivism first.

NeoXChaos

Our Jungle Primary definitely helped Edwards. If it had been a primary runoff among Republicans Vitter would have lost against one of the 2 emerging R's.

There would be a Senator Dewhurst & a Senator McDaniel if TX and MS did not have primary runoff.

Donald Trump would bring back waterboarding

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Sunday he would allow U.S. interrogators to waterboard suspected terrorists in the wake of the recent attacks in Paris.

“I would bring it back, yes,” Trump said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Trump cited the Islamic State's treatment of its captives to justify bringing back the so-called enhanced interrogation technique – widely considered a form of torture — that the Obama administration has discontinued.

“I would bring it back,” Trump said. “I think waterboarding is peanuts compared to what they’d do to us, what they’re doing to us, what they did to James Foley when they chopped off his head. That’s a whole different level and I would absolutely bring back interrogation and strong interrogation.”

Trump also doubled down on his call for a database for Muslims entering the U.S., suggesting the migration of Syrian refugees could be a “Trojan Horse.” And he brushed aside statistics showing that the majority of those fleeing violence there were women and children.

He also said the U.S. should conduct surveillance of mosques and wouldn’t back down from his claims – disputed by police – that Arabs in New Jersey cheered the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom