• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump fell 10 points in Reuters poll. Slight rebound dead cat bounce for Carson.

zEGvcWE.png

Oh shit, is he finally imploding? Or is it just the holiday?

EDIT: He's still above his lowest numbers, thought we were finally returning to normalcy.

Nah, man. Not the first time he fell. Trump is the phoenix. #believe

plus, yknow, everybody in the upper brackets has fallen a tad. Carson is the exception.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still think that if it isn't Trump, everyone unites behind Rubio. Cruz is way too crazy for a general election.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Cruz wins, does he put Trump on as a Palin-esque VP?

Trump would not be a vice president because a vice president is a loser, a loser who lost. Trump does not lose, Trump has no history of losing, and Trump doesn't recognise losers like vice presidents.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump would not be a vice president because a vice president is a loser, a loser who lost. Trump does not lose, Trump has no history of losing, and Trump doesn't recognise losers like vice presidents.

Trump could spin it as him getting elected to the Senate instead, "Why would I want a loser office that can't get anything done? All the real power is in Congress and with my legendary ability to make deals I'll get more done anyway." He would get a Senate vote as VP, don't forget.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Trump could spin it as him getting elected to the Senate instead, "Why would I want a loser office that can't get anything done? All the real power is in Congress and with my legendary ability to make deals I'll get more done anyway." He would get a Senate vote as VP, don't forget.

Trump would never got a Senate vote as a Vice President, and you know why that is? Because the Vice President only votes for a tie, and a tie is the thing, the exact thing, that would never happen to Trump - and that's because Trump is a winner.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump would never got a Senate vote as a Vice President, and you know why that is? Because the Vice President only votes for a tie, and a tie is the thing, the exact thing, that would never happen to Trump - and that's because Trump is a winner.

You think he couldn't orchestrate a tie? He wrote the Art of the Deal! He'd come riding into the Senate chambers on a classy and luxurious white horse to break a tie every week, he'll vote on fucking everything.

Seriously though, he's not gonna be a VP pick unless him and Cruz really are ride or die.

I'm trying to picture who is in the electorate that is fine with calling Mexicans rapists, calling McCain not a war hero and overtly fascist positions but draws the line with making fun of disabled people.

To be fair, it seems that Ben Carson voters were totally cool with "Obamacare the worst since slavery" but were kind of freaked out by "The pyramids were used to store grain" and "I definitely attacked my mother with a hammer."

To be fair, it seems that Ben Carson voters were totally cool with "Obamacare the worst since slavery" but were kind of freaked out by "The pyramids were used to store grain" and "I definitely attacked my mother with a hammer."

One is not like the other though. They agree with the first one. The second one isn't a stance they already agree with and just sounds stupid on a different level. Even the most ardent Tea Party evangelical isn't going to start to believe something like that because Carson says it.

Trump has been making fun of anyone, from McCain, to the other candidates, to Mexicans, to Muslims. The only few who would be okay with all that and suddenly pissed about him making fun of a disabled person would be those who have like a disabled wife or child or something...And maybe not even them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's more that Trump's line is returning to normalcy. Not ~40% of the GOP electorate but around 30%.

Dunno. As a rule of thumb, never trust a poll in December. Response rates hit like 4%, you'll get enough random shit you have no idea whether you're coming or going.

Kid that pretended that Obama blocked him on Twitter and was used by Cruz's campaign as a tool to pretend they have youth and black support is no longer supporting Republicans:

CJ Pearson told CNN on Friday that concerns about the Republican Party's viewpoints on racial and gender disparity as well as youth issues convinced him he could no longer be a mouthpiece for conservatism.

"I was tired of being a champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination. Tired of being a champion of any cause that denies equal rights to every American. Tired of being a champion of a party that doesn't care about the issues important to young people," Pearson wrote in an email.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/cj-pearson-conservative-teen-renounces-republicans/index.html

Sure, we are hypocrites. It does not follow that our values are wrong or that we should not promote them. On the contrary, moral hypocrisies should make us want to convey them even more vigorously, among ourselves and others. I do not see how our hypocritical foreign realpolitik changes that stance. Especially since we are not complete hypocrites. Obviously, life in a Western society is more peaceful and civilized than in other parts of the world which do not accept freedom of expression, speech, or religion. And we have implemented the societies that are most tolerant of diversity, probably, in the history of the human species. (I recommend this book for evidence for this claim. It's a very interessting read)

Why do you keep referring to ideas like freedom of religion, expression, and speech as "our values" as if they weren't also featured in or derived from Eastern civilizations with a different balance of church and state?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Why do you keep referring to ideas like freedom of religion, expression, and speech as "our values" as if they weren't also featured in or derived from Eastern civilizations with a different balance of church and state?

Because they are the values that we codified in our constitutions and laws. The part following "as if" is your added interpretation, to which I have, as far as I am aware, not given any fuel in what I wrote.

Really puts the death of conservative intellectualism in perspective. Jeez, this is just lazy Palin-esque trolling.

I mean, it's also just a stupid hill to even risk. What are the odds that someone with an AK47 and explosives is going to rob a bank and then randomly wanders into a Planned Parenthood and then Planned Parenthood is the one that calls the police after the bank did not? The odds are absolutely terrible that this was a bank robbery compared to a terror attack on PP, but right wing writers still posted that shit. They're just honestly stupid people.

Also, why does every hardcore conservative have dog pictures all over their social media shit...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Probably related to the reason why it's nearly always people with anime avatars that have the most conservative opinions.

I thought only I thought this. I'm glad it is a universal observation.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I've also noticed people with crustaceans in their avatars are universally intelligent, sexy, and desirable. Modest, too.

Quite an interesting article about how Clinton's enthusiasm gap with union employees could lead to a lack of ground troops: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/27/us-usa-election-labor-idUSKBN0TG11Y20151127
This is also in relation to your earlier post, but is this why you think she's less electable? The enthusiasm factor.

I could see it being a problem purely from the point of thirdtermitis, but that would likely affect any incumbent party candidate.

The article seems like a collection of anecdotes. According to the SEIU, for instance, during their endorsement process Clinton had strong majority support in member polling. They could be lying I guess, and it may not hold for other unions. But I don't see any how it's going to lead to a schism that will have her wanting for volunteers.

If I recall correctly, she has the most established ground game based on the Obama election machine. It's also why her spending well exceeds most if not all other candidates, she is preparing not only for the primaries but for general election organisation. While, the recent NYT poll, had a higher percentage saying they'd enthusiastically support her, with her support more firmed up.

I also think you're underestimating the significance of her candidacy from the identity politics perspective in terms of the enthusiasm gap.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He fell 10 points? I thought 30ish was here he was always at? I don't recall him ever getting up to the 40s.

They had him up in the 40's after Paris, the drop is likely either a correction or the holiday messing with response rates.

Going by the Carson bump, I'm going to guess the latter.

He fell 10 points? I thought 30ish was here he was always at? I don't recall him ever getting up to the 40s.

More importantly. Why is Ben Carson a Surgeon and an Author while Trump is just a Businessman. Has Reuters never read the second most important book in Western history? The Art of the Deal?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
They had him up in the 40's after Paris, the drop is likely either a correction or the holiday messing with response rates.

Going by the Carson bump, I'm going to guess the latter.

Ah okay. Didn't know he went up that high.

Still, he has a more than comfortable lead so far.

Hey.
Have you ever wondered how The Don would look like if he dyed his hair a darker shade?

wonder no mo'

no idea why he keeps that image in his biography page.
-
also legacy of the void is pretty decent after you get the ship and stuff

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
More importantly. Why is Ben Carson a Surgeon and an Author while Trump is just a Businessman. Has Reuters never read the second most important book in Western history? The Art of the Deal?

I was actually on the LIRR on Wednesday (going to visit my folks) and saw some hipster-looking pretty boy-type guy with a super stylish haircut reading Trump's new book. I couldn't tell if it was ironically or not, he looked really absorbed in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom