• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of Fiorina's views, I honestly think she has handled herself very well in terms of the impression she gives off, which is extremely important in debates like these. She's confident, snarky, and seems very focused on her talking points without sounding too scripted about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if her numbers went up significantly in the polls.

Regardless of Fiorina's views, I honestly think she has handled herself very well in terms of the impression she gives off, which is extremely important in debates like these. She's confident, snarky, and seems very focused on her talking points without sounding too scripted about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if her numbers went up significantly in the polls.
Fiorina and rubio have done the best imo for positioning themselves for the general

Coming out with concrete suggestions in a clear way did wonders for her.

Wrong suggestions, but she immediately looks more serious than the rest.

Fiorina and rubio have done the best imo for positioning themselves for the general

Coming out with concrete suggestions in a clear way did wonders for her.

Wrong suggestions, but she immediately looks more serious than the rest.

I agree. Somehow she's managed to not look as ridiculous as the rest of them, despite what she's saying.

People are tired of the vagueness, and she is giving them something tangible to work with.

Averon

Carson is putting people to sleep. He's showing no enthusiasm or drive at all. This was his chance to solidify the 2nd position and he's failing at it. I fully expect Fiorina to take the number 2 spot after tonight.

Trump's showing is pretty weak tonight, but his foreign policy stuff has always been less captivating. Gonna stick with my original answer though, since I don't think that that'll be enough to sink him, and out of the non-establishment candidates I'm convinced will take the nom he's still got the best chance.

HylianTom

Banned
Trump's showing is pretty weak tonight, but his foreign policy stuff has always been less captivating. Gonna stick with my original answer though, since I don't think that that'll be enough to sink him, and out of the non-establishment candidates I'm convinced will take the nom he's still got the best chance.

Part of the non-Trump candidates' problem is that a LOT of voters have sunk a ton of psychological investment into backing him, both in their minds and in their words. Backing away from him now would be their willing to go back on their rhetoric about how the GOP establishment is corrupted, incorrigible, etc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fiorina will lead within 2 weeks, and she's getting Carson/Trump voters.

Part of the non-Trump candidates' problem is that a LOT of voters have sunk a ton of psychological investment into backing him, both in their minds and in their words. Backing away from him now would be their willing to go back on their rhetoric about how the GOP establishment is corrupted, incorrigible, etc.

The GOP establishment is many things, but incorrigible definitely isn't one of them.

Nor do I think that most of their voters know what the word would mean :p

HylianTom

Banned
The GOP establishment is many things, but incorrigible definitely isn't one of them.

Nor do I think that most of their voters know what the word would mean :p

*snicker*
You're right, they're not incorrigible to us.. but I could see their voters throwing it out as a descriptor (if they knew it).

Carson is putting people to sleep. He's showing no enthusiasm or drive at all. This was his chance to solidify the 2nd position and he's failing at it. I fully expect Fiorina to take the number 2 spot after tonight.

He is boring me to tears. He will fall, and he will fall hard. I wouldn't be surprised if Fiorina shoots up to #2.

My sentiments exactly. Trump not as strong as I would hope this time, but he'll still lead, just with a smaller gap.

Fiorina will lead within 2 weeks, and she's getting Carson/Trump voters.

No. The gap will shrink, but Trump will still lead. She could get the #2 spot though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is a shitshow. I thought Fiorina was coming out of this smelling like roses but she just got shat on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"If we keep electing the same people, we're screwed"

--Republican in the Senate

This is a shitshow. I thought Fiorina was coming out of this smelling like roses but she just got shat on.

I actually thought the shade thrown at Hillary worked in her favor. She's like Trump's arch-nemesis and I think she'll snatch some of his supporters.

Gotta respect Rand Paul for poking holes in neoconservatism all night. Impressive, but of course the republican audience doesn't want to hear any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom