• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE 2ND REPUBLICAN DEBATE '16?
TRUMP 62.06% (48,042 votes)
FIORINA 15.51% (12,005 votes)
CRUZ 5.45% (4,215 votes)
CARSON 5.05% (3,908 votes)
PAUL 4.5% (3,485 votes)
RUBIO 2.62% (2,027 votes)
KASICH 1.3% (1,007 votes)
WALKER 1.15% (894 votes)
BUSH 1.02% (788 votes)
CHRISTIE 0.8% (622 votes)
HUCKABEE 0.53% (413 votes)

Total Votes: 77,406

Rand Paul is odd. He's a fucking idiot, but every once in a while he'll say something reasonable.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, Fiorina is so fucking ruthless!!!

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE 2ND REPUBLICAN DEBATE '16?
TRUMP 62.06% (48,042 votes)
FIORINA 15.51% (12,005 votes)
CRUZ 5.45% (4,215 votes)
CARSON 5.05% (3,908 votes)
PAUL 4.5% (3,485 votes)
RUBIO 2.62% (2,027 votes)
KASICH 1.3% (1,007 votes)
WALKER 1.15% (894 votes)
BUSH 1.02% (788 votes)
CHRISTIE 0.8% (622 votes)
HUCKABEE 0.53% (413 votes)

Total Votes: 77,406

It's drudge, but DAMN.

Tarkus

Carly is easily winning it. She took some shots with the CEO stuff (which could have been much worse), but she took it to Trump.
Not at all. She got shaken when Trump called out her business record and she never recovered --clearly devastated since then

I'm looking at it from two angles when it comes to Fiorina's performance; how good her arguments ARE, and how good her arguments SEEM.

Her arguments have been positively terrible, getting worse every time that she speaks. However, the impression of them, I believe, will be very favorable among the viewers, and sadly, that's all that matters.

Just like Trump, she sounds convincing, even if logically, her arguments are full of fallacious holes. We can't ignore that how we assess these arguments (from a rational point of view) is not necessarily how the viewers will, and I have to account for that when predicting how well she will do this election season.

NeoXChaos

Sahil Kapur ‏@sahilkapur 36m36 minutes ago
Thought experiment: if 9/11 happened on Obama’s watch would any candidate on this stage let him get away with saying he “kept us safe?

Sianos

lmao the pity high five from trump

"heh nice joke there jeb, let me show you how its done"

oops this is the legitimate pol(l)icy discussion thread *AHEM*

Those drinking games were a mistake, my body is rejecting itself right now. I didn't expect the debate to be this much of an unstructured reality tv show, but then again what was I really expecting?

User1608

Banned
Wow, Jeb did so fucking awful. Trump was a bit weaker tonight, but I don't think he'll be hurt at all. And Carly did well enough, aside from weakening near the end. Regardless, holy crap, this debate. Sometimes I feel like drinking. Tonight is one of those nights, and Cruz+Huckabee are so especially vile.

Tarkus

what is the verdict on Trump? I think he goes down now. The Trump bro fist with Jeb was interestingly out of character.
No, he made a lot of sense to a lot of people tonight. He was probably the most sensible and reasonable on the stage tonight.

It was a much better performance for him in terms of positions than the 1st debate.

dabig2

All of these people are horrible human beings and the world will literally burn if anyone of them gets in the big seat. Like, almost half the country's voters are going to vote for 1 of these assholes on stage.

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/644346473304453120

wow coulter....

CPEuw1pUsAAV-gL.png:large

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Get ready for the 10-point Fiorina jump over the next month until she gets destroyed in the next debate.

there's no excuse for that tweet there's nothing in that that isn't anti-semetic. There's a way to criticize their israel stances without being an antisemite

Not seeing any anti-semetism there. Frankly I'm tired of the exceptionalism Israel receives from politicians, and I find it even more insulting that so much of it is based on apocalyptic religious views and/or financial incentives. Seeing American politicians go out of their way to disrespect a sitting US president in order to heap praise on an Israel Prime Minister disgusts me. Seeing politicians on that stage go out there way to praise Israel sure looks a lot like the behavior they display to the wealthy and powerful. An exchange is going on. We see it with the wealthy in terms of taxes/finance/regulation laws/etc: I cut your taxes, you give me donations. And we see it with Israel: I give you carte blanche to terrorize brown people, you give me donations.

One thing I'm glad about is that waning religious views in the US will eventually lead to Israel being isolated.

HylianTom

Banned
This will be the first revealing period of time on this question: is Trump a flavor-of-the-month thing, or is the flavor-of-the-month mechanic a second-place thing this time around, with Trump floating at the top the entire time?

Wilsongt

So this debate just cemented even more so that Cruz and Fuckabee are batshit scary.

Also, they hate John Roberts.

At least by the next debate Fuckabee will be out.

Don't know why you guys are so eager to stake a claim as to who will do what in the polls. Nobody here claimed Carson would rise after the first debate.

I'll let the polls tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom