• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

Oh the predictions will change. NeoXChaos is about to get bombarded with PMs
Don't know why you guys are so eager to stake a claim as to who will do what in the polls. Nobody here claimed Carson would rise after the first debate.

I'll let the polls tell us.
This is PollGAF after all.
MtZ9N.gif

RDreamer

When I try to remember anything he said tonight I can only hear the noise Charlie Brown's parents make.

lol that's about as perfect as the person who said in the other thread that Carson sounded like he was talking from another plain of existence and barely cared about this one.

Don't know why you guys are so eager to stake a claim as to who will do what in the polls. Nobody here claimed Carson would rise after the first debate.

They didn't? I thought he would. His answer on race gave every Republican watching a fucking hard on to end all hard ons. I knew he'd get a bump. I probably wouldn't have predicted quite as much as what he got, but still.

Not seeing any anti-semetism there. Frankly I'm tired of the exceptionalism Israel receives from politicians, and I find it even more insulting that so much of it is based on apocalyptic religious views and/or financial incentives. Seeing American politicians go out of their way to disrespect a sitting US president in order to heap praise on an Israel Prime Minister disgusts me. Seeing politicians on that stage go out there way to praise Israel sure looks a lot like the behavior they display to the wealthy and powerful. An exchange is going on. We see it with the wealthy in terms of taxes/finance/regulation laws/etc: I cut your taxes, you give me donations. And we see it with Israel: I give you carte blanche to terrorize brown people, you give me donations.

One thing I'm glad about is that waning religious views in the US will eventually lead to Israel being isolated.

There is a places to take those positions and then there's statements like she made. I'm jewish. I share nothing with the GOP candidates. But coulter groups me in with them, even though the majority theyre pandering too, are christian.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Can't wait until the winner has to debate Clinton. Shit like Bush's line, "name one country that views this country better than 6 1/2 years ago," won't fly. It's easier to name one that doesn't. Not even mentioning freaking Cuba.

lol that's about as perfect as the person who said in the other thread that Carson sounded like he was talking from another plain of existence and barely cared about this one.
Whoever that person is they nailed it. Im loling for real
No one's really talking about Rubio or Kasich.

What a pity.
Rubio gave stock answers to everything and got huge applauses for everything he said. The only thing im interested in relation to him is if he filled the room with his supporters somehow
And i like kasich a lot.

We also got to hear a lot more of him, and he was a bore fest. Not just his voice, but his plan of action was just too vague to amount to anything meaningful.

Meanwhile, as batshit and war hungry as she is, Fiorina had a fiery conviction that was palpable for most of the debate, and she had very specific goals in mind. She was VERY prepared and I believe that the Americans watching her could tell.

Of course, we could all be wrong about the polls, but they're just predictions, not truly objective statements. Not everything needs to doused with 'imo'.

RDreamer

Can't understand how someone who registers at 2-3% in many polls that come out gets the third most speaking time.

Fiorina? Because she's the new shit in this debate, so they gave her a bit more focus. Better ratings. That and she wouldn't stop talking when the moderator cut in. She'd go on for at least another 30 seconds every time.

There is a places to take those positions and then there's statements like she made. I'm jewish. I share nothing with the GOP candidates. But coulter groups me in with them, even though the majority theyre pandering too, are christian.

I don't think they were largely pandering to Christians. Yes many republicans voters are evangelicals here in America. But overall they were doing what republicans (and some democrats) often do: appealing to Israeli officials and Jewish American donors. That's ultimately what this issue boils down to. It's about putting Israeli interests ahead of American interests in order to appease a certain group of people. This isn't some Israel specific problem, either. We see a lot of similar stuff with Saudi Arabia, but the difference is that it's not done in public.

I don't think they were largely pandering to Christians. Yes many republicans voters are evangelicals here in America. But overall they were doing what republicans (and some democrats) often do: appealing to Israeli officials and Jewish American donors. That's ultimately what this issue boils down to. It's about putting Israeli interests ahead of American interests in order to appease a certain group of people. This isn't some Israel specific problem, either. We see a lot of similar stuff with Saudi Arabia, but the difference is that it's not done in public.

Coulter is just a racist white nationalists

http://mediamatters.org/research/2007/10/10/on-cnbcs-the-big-idea-coulter-said-that-we-chri/140077

watershed

Banned
Can't understand how someone who registers at 2-3% in many polls that come out gets the third most speaking time.

It seems clear to me that the media are trying hard to make Fiorina's candidacy into a major story of the primary season. It seems like the every day there are reports propping her up, even though she has almost no actual support in the republican party.

Drakeon

Anyone else watching Drudge's poll on who won? Trump is at 56% lol, Fiornia is next at 15% and then its Cruz, Paul and Rubio at 5% each and then they all descend into 1% or less.

It seems clear to me that the media are trying hard to make Fiorina's candidacy into a major story of the primary season. It seems like the every day there are reports propping her up, even though she has almost no actual support in the republican party.

Media narrative has been sickening.

Ecotic

I can see the beginnings tonight of Trump's fall back to earth. He's not doing his homework on foreign affairs, was really petty quoting polls, and offered vague promises to figure it out later in place of substance. People want more specifics as time goes on and he oddly doesn't seem to want to learn anything until he wins.

We also got to hear a lot more of him, and he was a bore fest. Not just his voice, but his plan of action was just too vague to amount to anything meaningful.

Meanwhile, as batshit and war hungry as she is, Fiorina had a fiery conviction that was palpable for most of the debate, and she had very specific goals in mind. She was VERY prepared and I believe that the Americans watching her could tell.

Of course, we could all be wrong about the polls, but they're just predictions, not truly objective statements. Not everything needs to doused with 'imo'.

Carly is an insane and a try hard.

I can see the beginnings tonight of Trump's fall back to earth. He's not doing his homework on foreign affairs, was really petty quoting polls, and offered vague promises to figure it out later in place of substance. People want more specifics as time goes on and he oddly doesn't seem to want to learn anything until he wins.

I've been talking shit about Trump a lot. But people really need to get over trying to call out Trump's fall. We've had like 20 declarations already, might as well just wait and see if it happens.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So fellows any changes? Next debate is October 28th. New polls by next week should give us some clue on Trump support.

I maintain my Bush choice.

Sticking with Trump, but I see a faint glimmer for Jeb. Everyone on here says he got crushed but I thought he pandered quite well.

Fiorina will be October's flavor of the month and then she'll get targeted by the other candidates in the next debate.

So fellows any changes? Next debate is October 28th. New polls by next week should give us some clue on Trump support.

I maintain my Bush choice.

For now, still Trump, but Fiorina caught me off-guard. I was not expecting such a strong performance from her. If she magically gets first in the aggregate polls, I'm switching my vote.

I think we will see a similar trend to what we had in 2012 but with Trump always leading and the flavour of the month being that candidate who trails him at second place. Carson time is over, now is time for Carly Bachmann.

Gotchaye

I think Fiorina did really well. I wasn't seeing the terribleness people were talking about in the back half of the debate, although she didn't really shine the way she did early on. I don't think Carson did too poorly; he's boring, yes, but that's nothing new. Rubio was polished, but he kind of always is - I don't think he did much better than he did at the first debate and he didn't get much out of that.

Jews overwhelmingly vote Democratic. This is very clearly not about appealing to Jews as a voting bloc. Hell, most US Jews probably support the Iran deal (there's not a great deal of polling on this, but it looks like this is how it's worked out and it's what you'd expect from the partisan split). I was trying to find a poll of US Jews on Netanyahu but came up empty. My sense is that especially among younger people and especially since Netanyahu's made a point of needling Obama the "emotional attachment to Israel" crowd (myself included, to some extent) has moved away from reflexive support of Israeli policy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm betting we see a small dip in Trump's numbers, with Carson still at #2 and Fiorina at #3, a few % ahead of Bush.

I see no way Carson holds off Fiorina.

RDreamer

I'm betting we see a small dip in Trump's numbers, with Carson still at #2 and Fiorina at #3, a few % ahead of Bush.

I think Trump's dips a tiny bit, and Florina pulls ahead of Carson. Bush dips a bit too, probably, though not much. I think people who were voting for him probably still will be behind him for the same reasons.

I've been talking shit about Trump a lot. But people really need to get over trying to call out Trump's fall. We've had like 20 declarations already, might as well just wait and see if it happens.

I don't understand why you're so adamantly against people making declarations. Not everyone is a 'wait and see' person, and people like to say what's on their minds.

Sure we might be wrong, but I see nothing wrong with saying how things will turn out, especially if such statements can be supported with coherent rationality.

There is no requirement to wait until all the facts are in before making a statement.

Sounds like a lot of hedged bets from the person saying what will definitely happen in the polls.

So? Am I not allowed that freedom of expression? You took my 'definitely' too seriously. I meant that I BELIEVE it will definitely happen. It wasn't the objective statement you're making it out to be.

Drakeon

I see no way Carson holds off Fiorina.

Carson is inexplicable. I don't know HOW he did well in the post debate polls of the first debate, and since he pretty much did the exact same thing, I suspect his support stays the same. I still don't understand it, I guess it's because he's the outsider who's not a brash asshole? Despite the fact that his ideas are awful and of little substance.

I won't believe Carson gets supplanted until I see it. Just because I fundamentally don't understand his base.

Makai

I bet Jeb's high five with Trump becomes a meme of attack ads in the general if he becomes the nominee. It may seem like a little thing, but it's great imagery for tying him with Trump.

I don't understand why you're so adamantly against people making declarations. Not everyone is a 'wait and see' person, and people like to say what's on their minds.

Sure we might be wrong, but I see nothing wrong with saying how things will turn out, especially if such statements can be supported with coherent rationality.

There is no requirement to wait until all the facts are in before making a statement.

In fairness to me, a lot of these are presented more as fact than guesses which is a bit unusual.

In fairness to me, a lot of these are presented more as fact than guesses which is a bit unusual.

Well let's nip this in the bud now: I'm NOT stating it as a fact. It's merely my [admittedly confident] opinion.

I just don't feel the need to preface everything with 'imo', especially in cases where it's impossible for it to be anything other than an opinion.

User1608

Banned
I bet Jeb's high five with Trump becomes a meme of attack ads in the general if he becomes the nominee. It may seem like a little thing, but it's great imagery for tying him with Trump.
Jeb is so done. Already bruised and bleeding. He's no W, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom