• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
0NuRfSa.gif

Fiorina is not making it out of this race alive. She's a bad bitch, maybe even the baddest bitch in the land, but her track record is going to decimate her.

You haven't been listening long enough.

Clearly. A person doesn't magically become that stupid out of nowhere.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, that Carson comment is one of the classic "Help the republican during the nominations, destroy him in the general election" comments.

Not looking good for Walker. The telling thing about the debate was that he almost received no applause for his comments. Even his red meat was shrugged off.
Yeah, that Carson comment is one of the classic "Help the republican during the nominations, destroy him in the general election" comments.

I wonder what the polling looks like. Wouldn't be shocked if 40-45% of the country agrees with him on that.

I think Walker limps along to Iowa. He made a statement to a MSNBC reporter a few days ago that he was putting all his chips on winning Iowa.

If he doesn't come close in Iowa, I'd bet he's done.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump and Carson would be great together, Tango and Cash baby

Was my prediction from the beginning.

NBC poll releases at 10:30, btw.

I think the only three left with a legitimate shot at the nomination are Trump, Rubio, and Jeb.

Fiorina will drop off once people start hitting her on selling to Iran illegally (which I'm sure her response will again be "The board was dysfunctional!") and the ads about her horrific run as CEO hit the airwaves. She'll be crushed next debate. Although, if I were the left, I would be cheering her on because she has already said enough pro-war stuff in the last debate to absolute destroy her in the general election. She'd have no chance against Hillary.

Carson will remain steady and is a clear pick for VP. Again, his idiotic anti-Muslim comment will hurt him in a general election, but have no effect and may even raise his numbers in the primaries.

Everyone else will disappear, and either Carson or Trump will get their votes.

That leaves the establishment, and I think they'll all go to either Jeb or Rubio. I lean toward Rubio because I think he's clearly the better candidate, but Jeb has a boatload of cash. My guess, though? Walker's supporters and cash go to Rubio and those two go head to head over the establishment vote.

Plinko

Walker's bigger immediate concern is that he has no money. He might drop out before the next freaking debate.

Yep. Everyone is leaving. Articles about that have been coming out over the past month and this debate was the last chance. He's done, and I'll bet he's out in the next two weeks.

NeoXChaos

PD
Cheebo
FiggCal
RDreamer

I have a feeling you guys will be jumping off the S.S Walker soon. Hurry you might drown!!!!

October 2nd is decision day for everyone.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump looking a lot weaker, but it's still amazing how well the three who've never worked in government are doing. It's starting to seem like the GOP really does want someone who's never worked in government, regardless of who that is.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

"Because a lot of people who go into prison go into prison straight -- and when they come out, they're gay. So, did something happen while they were in there? Ask yourself that question"

He's a lot like Trump in that he'd be destroyed when he starts getting evaluated by people who don't believe that stuff, and don't believe his apologies that blame the liberal media and political correctness.

teiresias

Trump looking a lot weaker, but it's still amazing how well the three who've never worked in government are doing. It's starting to seem like the GOP really does want someone who's never worked in government, regardless of who that is.

With Obamacare working well, the economy doing decently, social progress being made for minorities, and other assorted good government work happening via executive order despite an absolutely dysfunctional Republican-led congress, the right-wing base is desperate to get someone in the White House that will not only be a Republican, but also be one bound to prove that government doesn't work and push even further-right agendas.

FiggyCal

Banned
Wow. I think that's the first legitimately stupid thing I've heard him say. I'm convinced he'll implode if he talks too much.

I actually had to write an essay on this very topic for my Islam class a few semesters ago. It was a weird assignment and most people said no.

PD
Cheebo
FiggCal
RDreamer

I have a feeling you guys will be jumping off the S.S Walker soon. Hurry you might drown!!!!

Yeah. I made an irl bet on Walker :(

benjipwns

Banned
Donald Trump’s campaign said to Breitbart News, “Both polls reinforce that Mr. Trump is the leader in the race by a wide margin and won the debate. Other candidates will rise and fall depending on individual performance, but Mr. Trump is solidifying his substantial lead.”
pls print

HylianTom

Banned
I think it'll come down to Trump vs antiTrump.

Bush has the money for this role, but he isn't catching fire. Still.. if he sticks around (he has the money to do so), he could hamstring anyone else who would arise to become the antiTrump.

So I'm sticking with Trump for now. I hope another "second choice" poll comes out soon so that we can get a better idea of how he fares when the field gets narrowed.

benjipwns

Banned
The "worst in debate" numbers show why Rand never really had a chance and his going after regular conservatives on certain social issues was always for nothing, he got kneecapped in the last debate when everyone else piled on with the W. foreign/security policy love fest and how weed is a gateway drug that killed Carly's kid being the two main questions he got time on.

When he backed off trying to finesse immigration a few weeks ago I figured they must have been looking at the Trump surge among the other numbers and he was like fuck this. His goal should now be just to annoy Trump more by taking shots at him which Trump can't resist responding to.

User1608

Banned
It's too bad too. I thought Rand Paul had one of the stronger appearances at the debate.
Agreed, the guy's still an ass, but he made some great points in regards to foreign policy and marijuana. Also, yay at Walker flopping! The guy and the Kochs can suck it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that poll looks a lot more normal. The other one had too hard of a swing (e.g. Walker at 0%)

But it's also a Survey Monkey poll. The CNN/ORC is probably the best one we have right now.

benjipwns

Banned
but he made some great points in regards to foreign policy and marijuana.
Which is why he did the worst at the debate.

Him and Carson were practically the only guys not poppin' boners over getting into fights with somebody, somewhere, somehow. Plus they took shots at the guy who KEPT US SAFE.

And the pot stuff hit everything on a politicians/old people talking about drugs bingo card: gateway drug, pot more dangerous today than 20 years ago, i did it and it was a mistake, someone got addicted to it and died, to not fight the drug war harder lets the criminals win, etc.

FiggyCal

Banned

Him and Carson were practically the only guys not poppin' boners over getting into fights with somebody, somewhere, somehow. Plus they took shots at the guy who KEPT US SAFE.

And the pot stuff hit everything on a politicians/old people talking about drugs bingo card: gateway drug, pot more dangerous today than 20 years ago, i did it and it was a mistake, someone got addicted to it and died, to not fight the drug war harder lets the criminals win, etc.

Jeb Bush clearly didn't use weed as a gateway drug. Unless that wasn't the argument he was trying to make. "It's so addictive and such a gateway drug; I used it once and then never did drugs again."

And Carly Fiorina using her dead child as a political toy was so disgraceful.

Sianos

Jeb Bush clearly didn't use weed as a gateway drug. Unless that wasn't the argument he was trying to make. "It's so addictive and such a gateway drug; I used it once and then never did drugs again."

And Carly Fiorina using her dead child as a political toy was so disgraceful.
Her dead child died from alcohol and prescription medicine abuse and a tragic overdose on those substances. Not at all relevant evidence for a marijuana debate.

To be so disingenuous about the death of your own child to twist the story of their death with misleading framing effects is indeed disgraceful.

After the Carly hype dies down, the next in line for second place would probably be Rubio. Jeb is a wild car. Not even a trillion dollars can buy that dude a personality but he may endure to stay on the race longer than others, and capture the anti-Trump vote (even when I see Carly capturing that role if she continues to impress).

PD
Cheebo
FiggCal
RDreamer

Sign me up for Trump. I think he has this already, even when I see Carly and Marco/Jeb giving him a fight.

You're right, I didn't notice. I still find it hard to believe Walker is at zero.

He is not at 0%. He is at 0,5%. :p

I feel like I've just stepped through a time machine. Bernie's electability has not changed since the day that he announced he was running for president.

How is this news?

Read the whole article. Things are changing, there are law makers already questioning the "he is unelectable" mantra from Clintonians.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't think the Kochs were spending any money for Walker, or really backing him, they opposed him pretty strongly on that Bucks arena deal this summer.

The Koch's aren't listed as having spent a million dollars in the primaries as of July 31st. The KOCHPAC has only given $10,000 to Rand and $5,000 to Rubio. The rest of their $437,500 in contributions are all to House or Senate candidates. The so-called "Koch network" has given out a total of $2,700 so far this cycle, all to House candidates.

The Walker SuperPAC money was from:
Diane Hendricks $5.0 million
Roofing billionaire.

Marlene Ricketts $5.0 million
Her family owns M.L.B.'s Chicago Cubs. Wife of Joe Ricketts, founder of the online brokerage TD Ameritrade.

Richard Uihlein $2.0 million
Chief executive of Uline, a packaging supply company in Wisconsin, and an heir to the Schlitz beer fortune.

Access Industries $1.8 million
Privately held holding company founded by Len Blavatnik, a New York investor.
They also had only spent $2 million out of the $20 million through August. Jeb! had only spent $2 million out of his $103 million.

The big donors haven't done too well in the polls really:
Robert Mercer $11.3 million
Co-chief executive of Renaissance Technologies, a hedge-fund management company.
Ted Cruz 98%
Bobby Jindal 2%
Carly Fiorina <1%

Toby Neugebauer $10.0 million
Co-founder of a private equity firm and son of United States Representative Randy Neugebauer, Republican of Texas.
Ted Cruz 100%

Kelcy L. Warren $6.0 million
Dallas billionaire and chief executive of an energy company.
Rick Perry 100%

Darwin A. Deason $5.0 million
Entrepreneur; founder of Affiliated Computer Services.
Rick Perry 100%

Norman Braman $5.0 million
Owner of automobile dealerships and former owner of the N.F.L.'s Philadelphia Eagles.
Marco Rubio 100%

Diane Hendricks $5.0 million
Roofing billionaire.
Scott Walker 100%

Farris Wilks $5.0 million
Co-founder of Frac Tech, a hydraulic fracturing and oil-field services company. Husband of Jo Ann Wilks.
Ted Cruz 100%

Joann Wilks $5.0 million
Homemaker. Wife of Farris Wilks.
Ted Cruz 100%

The Koch's were hinting at getting in the primary for the first time instead of the general only, but I'm thinking it'll be further down the road:
Charles Koch said he is considering throwing his political might into the Republican presidential primary for the first time and is likely to provide financial help to several contenders before settling on a single candidate.

Koch, his brother David and their team have identified five candidates who have the right message and "a good chance of getting elected," he told USA TODAY in an exclusive interview at Koch Industries' headquarters. They are Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, former Florida governor Jeb Bush and Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas, Rand Paul of Kentucky and Marco Rubio of Florida.

"Those are the ones we have talked to the most and who seem to be the possible leaders," he said.

"What we've told them all is that right now, we're not supporting anyone," Koch said. "We're telling them that if they want our support, one way to get it is articulating a good message to help Americans get a better understanding and a better appreciation of how certain policies … will benefit them and will benefit all America."
If Rubio starts shaping up as the best non-Trump/non-Jeb! option...maybe...

From looking at the PAC donations:
George H.W. Bush gave $125,000 to his son's super PAC, but George W. Bush only gave $95,000 to his brother's.
lol

FiggyCal

Banned
Her dead child died from alcohol and prescription medicine abuse and a tragic overdose on those substances. Not at all relevant evidence for a marijuana debate.

To be so disingenuous about the death of your own child to twist the story of their death with misleading framing effects is indeed disgraceful.

That's even worse. She is awful.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I can't

That is one of the most disgusting things I have ever read.

benjipwns

Banned
It's not even her daughter, she's never had kids. The two girls were her now husbands (she was then having an affair with while both were married) and his ex-wife was awarded custody of them. (They were 9 and 13 at the divorce.)

Her "daughter" that died (in 2009 at 35) was also bulimic, so it was a shitty combination all around. Drugs weren't the root of her problems.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's not even her daughter, she's never had kids. The two girls were her now husbands (she was then having an affair with while both were married) and his ex-wife was awarded custody of them. (They were 9 and 13 at the divorce.)

Her "daughter" that died (in 2009 at 35) was also bulimic, so it was a shitty combination all around. Drugs weren't the root of her problems.

Oh dear god...

Tarkus

Megaton

User1608

Banned

Which is all a damn shame. This party...

You know, this is as low as it gets for any candidate to prop their points up using so called personal anecdotes. Really disgusting.

Africanus

So she did pandering to the extreme.

Seriously, it was already a leap to tie in Marijuana to a person's death. A leap of epic proportions.

But now this? If this were a different issue, I would hope Trump would slam her lies. Unfortunately, I don't think he will.

ivysaur12

Banned

Oof, I didn't know that. That's so gross.

Also, LOL @ SCOTT WALKER. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

benjipwns

Banned
Contrary to reports suggesting Vice President Joe Biden's wife remains an obstacle to his potential presidential run, sources tell NBC News that Jill Biden is fully behind him for another bid.

Jill Biden, sources tell NBC's Chuck Todd, is 100 percent on-board with a presidential run, despite reports indicating her hesitation is part of what's keeping Biden from jumping into the race.

And that looks more likely by the day, as sources have indicated Biden's been meeting with Democratic leaders during his travels around the nation over the past week to tell them he wants to do it and thinks there's room for him to make a credible bid if he does.

The key question that's still weighing on his mind as he decides whether to make another go of it: Does he have the emotional energy to give it his all, sources say.
zu9CgwT.jpg

thefro

If Rubio starts shaping up as the best non-Trump/non-Jeb! option...maybe...l

The difference between this and a normal cycle is Trump can say "You're just a puppet of the Koch brothers, I turned their money down, blah blah blah" and actually get big media coverage since he = ratings.

Also Trump can obviously self-fund and is pretty well-known already. All that's going to diminish any impact of a negative ad blitz in the primaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom