• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it fair to say that Obama didn't do anything regarding immigration during his 8 years? I feel like this guy who supported Trump and dropped him now saying it's important for Latinos to vote but maybe just put in a blank slip of paper and not vote for any of them because they're all bad is still what i'd expect out of someone that had backed Trump. That's a very Trump logic thing to say.

Immigration reform died in the house after passing the Senate. Parts of his executive actions were deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. He tried and did stuff.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 15m15 minutes ago
I visited our Trump Tower campaign headquarters last night, after returning from Ohio and Arizona, and it was packed with great pros - WIN!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 18m18 minutes ago
People will be very surprised by our ground game on Nov. 8. We have an army of volunteers and people with GREAT SPIRIT! They want to #MAGA!

benjipwns

Banned
Is it fair to say that Obama didn't do anything regarding immigration during his 8 years?
No, he deported some, I assume, good people:
FT_16.08.30_deportations_removals.png

HylianTom

Banned
Garrison Keillor.. what a funny read. I knew he could have a tartness to his bite, but damn that was harsh.

When we were college students, the earliest dates my husband and I would take were hiking/picnic trips into the wilderness, usually with the local NPR station playing in the background on the handheld radio. I have a strong memory association of our early days with Keillor's program, so when I hear of him or his voice, I get nostalgic in my own weird way.

===

And most younger LGBT folks don't have a point of comparison on how far we've come. They don't know what it was like to have sodomy laws (and the multitude of legal/social fruits borne out of them) hanging over you. Most kids born in the late 80s/early 90s weren't politically aware until after these laws were struck-down. That's amazing to me.

They don't know a pre-Internet world where there often was no communication with others like oneself before leaving home. They don't know a media environment where queer jokes were perfectly acceptable on mainstream TV programs. They didn't get to see mainstream politicians comparing gay folk to the worst, sickest dregs of society; nowadays, this this is something that mainly fringe politicians do, as mainstream Republicans are often wise enough to dodge the topic as much as possible.

The country has changed on these issues, more quickly than many of us ever could've dreamed. But movement leaders should always take time to remind folks - young and old - of where we've been, and of the fact that there are still politicians and areas of the country that want to roll things back.

Mark MurrayVerified account ‏@mmurraypolitics 2m2 minutes ago
Debate moderators announced:
Lester Holt (1st prez debate)
Elaine Quijano (VP debate)
Martha Raddatz (2nd prez) (with Anderson Cooper)
Chris Wallace (3rd)
Wallace??????

Weird selection. No Gwen makes me SAD.

CrWdtW0WYAE36HC.jpg:large

I totally forgot about that Red Hot and Blue album. That was surprisingly nostalgic. My friend's dad used to play that tape when he'd pick us up from school. I remember seeing Lee Atwater play a song off of that (possibly with BB King?) on Letterman's old show on NBC. Huh.

I think Holt is too green for such a big debate, could've used a more experienced moderator.

Hope it works out well.

Guess Guiliani and Ailes pushed for Wallace.

Edward-Isaac DovereVerified account
‏@IsaacDovere
Having Chris Wallace of Fox News moderate the last debate is essentially daring Trump to do all three

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chris Wallace is a great moderator. That's a good choice for the last debate.

benjipwns

Banned
Welp, guess I won't vote for Trump. If he was the real deal maker he says he is, the first debate would be hosted by Ivanka, the second by Donald Jr. and the third by Eric.

Third debate is foreign policy, right?

First presidential debate (September 26, 2016, Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY)

The debate will be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on major topics to be selected by the moderator and announced at least one week before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. Candidates will then have an opportunity to respond to each other. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.

Vice presidential debate (October 4, 2016, Longwood University, Farmville, VA)

The debate will be divided into nine time segments of approximately 10 minutes each. The moderator will ask an opening question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a deeper discussion of the topic.

Second presidential debate (October 9, 2016, Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO)

The second presidential debate will take the form of a town meeting, in which half of the questions will be posed directly by citizen participants and the other half will be posed by the moderator based on topics of broad public interest as reflected in social media and other sources. The candidates will have two minutes to respond and there will be an additional minute for the moderator to facilitate further discussion. The town meeting participants will be uncommitted voters selected by the Gallup Organization.

Third presidential debate (October 19, 2016, University of Nevada-Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV)

The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate.

Not officially.

Teggy

Jobs report not fantastic but not terrible.

U.S. job growth remained steady in August, although employers pulled back slightly on hiring,

The U.S. economy added 151,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said Friday. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at 4.9 percent.

Analysts surveyed by data provider FactSet had forecasts that employers added 180,000 in August.

Crisco

Banned
June and July both got revised upwards to 270+. That more than makes up for a tepid August, which will also likely be revised upwards.

how about instead of a policy thread, i overfit some trendlines and post how TRUMP WILL WIN

You should do a bait & switch by having that as the thread title then posting links of that dude who plays HearthStone.

I love the idea, but my pessimism says this will be useless.

The problem is that you have to make sure they don't just monopolize and price hike but at the same time you need to make sure these companies are motivated to do the R & D in the first place.

benjipwns

Banned
Making alternatives available and increasing competition: Directly intervening to make treatments available, and supporting alternative manufacturers that enter the market and increase competition, to bring down prices and spur innovation in new treatments.

Emergency importation of safe treatments: Broadening access to safe, high-quality alternatives through emergency importation from developed countries with strong safety standards.
The FDA's not going to appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom