• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Come on bro, don't do this. There is no evidence that that is remotely true. And she stepped off a cub=medical episode?
Don't do what? I didn't do anything. Hell, I didn't even say this is confirmed. It a tweet from a Fox correspondent that is hopefully bullshit or at worst an exaggeration of events but it's worth noting I would think.

I'm not sure what makes me angrier, Fox News pushing the health conspiracy bullshit TODAY OF ALL FUCKING DAYS ON WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A CEASE FIRE or what I just found out about Jill Stein wanting to reinvestigate 9-11 because 'The families and friends of those who were murdered on 9-11 deserve to know the truth'.

Fucking Fox News. Fucking Jill Stein.

Yea, this is a pretty decent thing to get from these polls. The actual raw numbers are rubbish, but it can be used to show a trend.

Seems polls the last few days have shown that Hillary is bouncing back, so I guess last week's polls were just a fluke or a minor adjustment due to the dumb AP story that's faded.

I have a theory. Let's call it the Trump Factor:

- When the race looks like a landslide, more people become more comfortable choosing neither.

- When the race looks close, suddenly a lot of those "neither" people become afraid of a Trump presidency and choose Clinton.

So perhaps in theory we want it "look" close on Novemeber so that more people chose Clinton as their AntiTrump vote.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Right on the front page of Fox News:

"DID HILLARY FAINT?"

Unfreakingbelievable.

I've said it a thousand times: the democrats don't play politics enough. The right-wing politicians and media are now at the point where they are outright lying. It's time to start playing the game a little better, democrats.

Grief.exe

Yea, this is a pretty decent thing to get from these polls. The actual raw numbers are rubbish, but it can be used to show a trend.

Seems polls the last few days have shown that Hillary is bouncing back, so I guess last week's polls were just a fluke or a minor adjustment due to the dumb AP story that's faded.

Keep in mind Hillary didn't campaign at all during August, so a minor poll bump for Trump just now showing up was a calculated risk to amass a ridiculous stockpile of donations.

Grief.exe

I've said it a thousand times: the democrats don't play politics enough. The right-wing politicians and media are now at the point where they are outright lying. It's time to start playing the game a little better, democrats.

We've entered a post-factual democracy on the right, with the media still trying to play both sides. You literally can't play both sides when one side is so divorced from reality.

Diablos

Right on the front page of Fox News:

"DID HILLARY FAINT?"

Unfreakingbelievable.

How can you stop them from saying these kinds of things though? Democrats could be more aggressive but if a major news network wants to leave a false impression about the candidate's health on today of all days, that alone is pretty damaging and Democrats firing back in the middle of memorial services is just going to look like a complete shit show.

I can't think of *any* reasons other than someone having a debilitating degenerative brain disease why someone might feel faint at a 9-11 memorial service.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
How can you stop them from saying these kinds of things though? Democrats could be more aggressive but if a major news network wants to leave a false impression about the candidate's health on today of all days, that alone is pretty damaging and Democrats firing back in the middle of memorial services is just going to look like a complete shit show.

I'm not talking about today. Just have Hillary come out later and say she's fine, or make a funny video about her "fainting" or something that shows how ridiculous it is.

I'm talking about the fact that the right has resorted to blatant lying now, and it's in almost everything they do. Trump basically speaks in "clickbait article title" form. Democrats have to stop trying to play nice. Get harsh with attack ads. Reformat the process. Democrats are playing by rules that don't exist any more because the right wing has thrown them out the window. I'm not arguing they lie, but instead attack more. Get a little vicious. Be rude if it gets the message across.

On a side note, I also think it is hilarious that republicans think people will magically switch to Trump because Hillary may have a health issue. That makes absolutely zero sense.

Diablos

I don't think people will switch to Trump because of the hyped up Hillary health concerns, but it could depress turnout of people who are inclined to support Hillary but would think that her health is in jeopardy. I'm sure that's the whole point of their stupid narrative.

By the way, is the orange turd at the service? I don't see him

Dierce

I'm not talking about today. Just have Hillary come out later and say she's fine, or make a funny video about her "fainting" or something that shows how ridiculous it is.

I'm talking about the fact that the right has resorted to blatant lying now, and it's in almost everything they do. Trump basically speaks in "clickbait article title" form. Democrats have to stop trying to play nice. Get harsh with attack ads. Reformat the process. Democrats are playing by rules that don't exist any more because the right wing has thrown them out the window. I'm not arguing they lie, but instead attack more. Get a little vicious. Be rude if it gets the message across.

On a side note, I also think it is hilarious that republicans think people will magically switch to Trump because Hillary may have a health issue. That makes absolutely zero sense.
They are just incredibly stupid and incompetent. They don't realize that the reason McCain's health was ever brought up was because of idiot Palin.

I can't think of *any* reasons other than someone having a debilitating degenerative brain disease why someone might feel faint at a 9-11 memorial service.

It's a little warm and humid here today but it's nothing brutal. Plus, she lives here. And the ceremony is of course emotional but it would be a little much to be overwhelmed and pass out.

If--HUGE HUGE IF--she actually felt faint at the ceremony it's at least momentarily concerning.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2016/09/11/clinton-holds-ohio-lead-trump-gains-florida/

FLsep79rhbhbkdf.png

In Florida, gap between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump has narrowed to two points, with Clinton marginally ahead of Trump with 44% to the Republican’s 42%. Early in August, Clinton led by five points in the ever-important swing state. Over the same period national and other state surveys have shown Clinton’s support falling back from its post-convention highs.
OHsep79unfshk.png

The latest Battleground Tracker poll in Ohio bucks this trend. There Clinton leads Trump by seven points, 46% to 39%, her best showing in the state yet. On the eve of the Republican National Convention, she led by only four points. By August, however, her lead had already grown to six.

Tarkus

I don't think people will switch to Trump because of the hyped up Hillary health concerns, but it could depress turnout of people who are inclined to support Hillary but would think that her health is in jeopardy. I'm sure that's the whole point of their stupid narrative.

By the way, is the orange turd at the service? I don't see him
Yes he was there. It looked like he was wearing a dead fox for hair.

Grief.exe

In 2008, it was seen as disrespectful of the office to discuss McCain's health, in 2016 we have a presidential candidate who is disrespecting the currently held office, his opponent's health, and essentially all minority groups.

This is quite a drastic change in electoral politics.

Measley

Has there ever been a poll where Trump has led in Ohio?

I just don't see him having a chance in this state. Republicans here are largely Kasich goons, and Kasich doesn't like Trump.

Diablos

I could be totally wrong but if they're STILL not giving any details as to her whereabouts, then I would think it was a threat to her safety. If she really passed out or had some kind of medical emergency, I would hope that it would've been more thoroughly reported by now. That's my gut feeling anyway

Plinko

Fantastic Ohio poll. It's over if he takes it.

Another thank you to Gov. Kasich and his adamant refusal to support Trump.

Steven Portnoy ‏@stevenportnoy 52m52 minutes ago
Pool of reporters who protectively travel w/Hillary Clinton are being penned in at 9/11 memorial, not informed of her current whereabouts.

Regardless of what it is, this is not normal.

I could be totally wrong but if they're STILL not giving any details as to her whereabouts, then I would think it was a threat to her safety. If she really passed out or had some kind of medical emergency, I would hope that it would've been more thoroughly reported by now. That's my gut feeling anyway

"Omg, Clinton is dead! It's over, what do we do!?"

Huma: "No, no this is not over. Get the cats."

unaCc7.gif

I'll be honest, I've been thinking it but didn't want to say it out loud.
That's actually where my mind went too.

If she wasn't feeling well, she wouldn't have gone at all because she's not stupid. There are a million reasons she could have had to leave, anything from a specific threat against her to a family emergency.

That's actually where my mind went too.

If she wasn't feeling well, she wouldn't have gone at all because she's not stupid. There are a million reasons she could have had to leave, anything from a specific threat against her to a family emergency.

I thought of it too. That said, I think she would drag herself to the ceremony even if she wasn't feeling well, because there's no "good look" for skipping it.

Also, jesus christ ignatz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom