• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

I think Virginia would have easily gone blue even without Kaine but he certainly helps in some ways. The bigger story to me is how poorly Trump is doing in white suburbs, and suburbs around the country. There are a lot of white suburban women who would have likely voted for Rubio or Kasich who are simply not supporting Trump, in state after state. It's crippling his campaign and ensures he will do far worse than Romney just about everywhere.

I'm amazed that the RNC is looking at these numbers and hasn't shifted resources+full defense of vulnerable senators and House members. How many times can you say "this is the last time" yet not break up with this monster.

He's probably going to do way worse than McCain in this election to in a lot of places in the US. He's going to do closer to Bob Dole in the share of the popular vote or worse in this election.

Effect

Oh damn, Tim can throw some punches Hillary can't. Didn't know he had it in him.

BJMaO9D.png

So they got baited. I thought they were going to be smart and not say anything and try not to be linked with Trump on this or be seen as defending him and perhaps hoping the story would leave the spotlight. This just makes sure this will stay in the spotlight.

I think Virginia would have easily gone blue even without Kaine but he certainly helps in some ways. The bigger story to me is how poorly Trump is doing in white suburbs, and suburbs around the country. There are a lot of white suburban women who would have likely voted for Rubio or Kasich who are simply not supporting Trump, in state after state. It's crippling his campaign and ensures he will do far worse than Romney just about everywhere.

I'm amazed that the RNC is looking at these numbers and hasn't shifted resources+full defense of vulnerable senators and House members. How many times can you say "this is the last time" yet not break up with this monster.

The only explanation is they don't want to upset Trumps base and when Trump loses he will go full nuclear on them if he feels they backed away from him p. You already got a taste of it with the non endorsements. The best thing for he GOP would be if Trump quietly went away after this is all over.

Retro

My god that's disgusting. Jesus.

And that's like, the tip of the proverbial shitberg. There were tons of threats against peoples' families, doxxing, swatting, campaigns to get people fired by spreading FUD (the most notorious example being Alison Rapp). To my knowledge, no one was actually hurt but I think that's largely luck and caution.

Also, since I make it a point to stay out of those type of threads, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the GAF Mod community for not letting that shit fester and grow here. I know a bunch of you read this thread. That whole ugly affair could have taken root on GAF so easily, but the tight moderation salted the earth with the blood of a thousand banned accounts and for that I am grateful.

Mike Cernovich hiring a PI to stalk a homeless Zoe Quinn in GamerGate should have been the end of his political hopes.

Instead, he's now been on Fox News, talking about how Hillary is having seizures.

Valhelm

contribute something
It didn't create the alt-right, they were already around, but it organized them. Before Gamergate the alt-right wasn't nearly as organized as it is now.

Well, nobody used the term "alt-right" before Gamergate. /pol/ still existed in 2013, but was a relatively niche board for authentic and satirical fascists to shitpost. Reddit showed signs of white male chauvinism back then, but was still decidedly liberal.

Gamergate not only normalized the expression of far-right attitudes among existing reddit and 4chan users, but also led to a sort of gentrification -- tens of thousands of conservatives arrived who would otherwise never post on those sites.

I'd say Gamergate established the alt-right, and the Trump candidacy established it as an actual political contingent.

Looking back its incredible how quickly gamer gate/the alt right managed to coalesce and occupy a large section of the Internet. Hopefully that speech yesterday prevents them from gaining actual political power.

mo60

The only explanation is they don't want to upset Trumps base and when Trump loses he will go full nuclear on them if he feels they backed away from him p. You already got a taste of it with the non endorsements. The best thing for he GOP would be if Trump quietly went away after this is all over.

I bet you that won't happen. He probably will complain about voter fraud on november 8th and cause chaos in the US. Trump and his voter base won't just disappear on november 8th even if he loses even in a landslide.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, nobody used the term "alt-right" before Gamergate. /pol/ still existed in 2013, but was a relatively niche board for authentic and satirical fascists to shitpost. Reddit showed signs of white male chauvinism back then, but was still decidedly liberal.

Gamergate not only normalized the expression of far-right attitudes among existing reddit and 4chan users, but also led to a sort of gentrification -- tens of thousands of conservatives arrived who would otherwise never post on those sites.

I'd say Gamergate established the alt-right, and the Trump candidacy established it as an actual political contingent.

They were already floating around, just unorganized and with no name.

Also, Reddit wasn't liberal so much as it was libertarian.

I think Gamergate created the alt-right tbh

Its success brought tons of anti-feminists out of the wood-work, and was a defining event in the growth of 4chan's /pol/ board along with the rightward shift of Reddit

that hateful memes existed prior gamergate, Facebook has been full of them and they were already ingrained in European fringe politics.

Trump legitimized European style Far-Right fringe parties on this side of the Atlantic.
The Alt-Right haternet embraced Trump as their Alt-Right champion

mo60

I cant see how Trump outperforms McCain. He's going to do about as worse as Dole(8.5%).

I can see him doing worse than dole even even though his share of the vote probably won't be as bad as dole because third parties won't be as strong as Perot in 1996 combined in this election

Milo isn't straight though :(

Exception that proves the rule.

You know what sucks about having OCD? (Like, legit OCD, not OMG LOL I'M SOOO OCD)

The fact that the 5 yo paniced so much about Trump made me freak out, and then 538 is a mess. And then I'm diablosing like....well diablos....lol So stupid.

Valhelm

contribute something
They were already floating around, just unorganized and with no name.

Also, Reddit wasn't liberal so much as it was libertarian.

Obviously some of those people were posting, but there was no concentrated movement to push back against "SJWs" and promote soft white nationalism.

Reddit was socially less right-wing before 2013. Many users were outspoken libertarians, but most were moderate liberals who liked Obama but didn't like the NSA.

I think it's funny how Gary Johnson has very little presence on Reddit, given how big Ron Paul was way back in 2008. This says to me that a lot of self-described libertarians would rather vote for a fascist if given the chance.

There has to be some kind of model that shows how many Republican voters are willing to split tickets. If Trump really implodes and loses by 10+ he could pull down those same members of Congress.

NeoXChaos

I can see him doing worse than dole even even though his share of the vote probably won't be as bad as dole because third parties won't be as strong as Perot in 1996 combined in this election

McCain lost NV by 13, WI by 14 , MI by 17 and PA by 10. Trump is going to do better than that if he loses by 8 or more?

Yes CNN, olde presidents calling each other hypocrites, cowards and gunea pigs is equivalent to Trump and Clinton attacking each other

I hate MSM.

Edit: Wow Kristen Powers calls spade and spade, and its a false equivalency. Silver Fox shook.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Obviously some of those people were posting, but there was no concentrated movement to push back against "SJWs" and promote soft white nationalism.

Reddit was socially less right-wing before 2013. Many users were outspoken libertarians, but most were moderate liberals who liked Obama but didn't like the NSA.

I think it's funny how Gary Johnson has very little presence on Reddit, given how big Ron Paul was way back in 2008. This says to me that a lot of self-described libertarians would rather vote for a fascist if given the chance.

You're kinda making my point though: before Gamergate these people were out there but they were not organized in the way they were after. Gamergate just brought all these assholes who think these things together and showed them that, sadly, they aren't as alone as they thought they were. It brought them out of the shadows.

Joeytj

Banned
Yes CNN, olde presidents calling each other hypocrites, cowards and gunea pigs is equivalent to Trump and Clinton attacking each other

I hate MSM.

Yeah, if slavery ever threatens to come back, the MSM will just say "well, it happened in the olden days, so it's not that bad"

User1608

Banned
Anyone remember that infamous white genocide video on YouTube? Well, it didn't end well for one racist idiot.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/west-virginia-ag-spokesman-fired-for-her-role-in-white-supremacist-video
West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey's office fired a spokesperson Thursday after it was revealed she had played a prominent role in a white supremacist video that was first posted online in 2012.

According to the Charleston Gazette-Mail who reported the video and subsequent firing first, Carrie Bowe served as a spokeswoman to the attorney general and appeared to be let go immediately after it her participation in the video was revealed by the paper.
-
In the six-minute video, which features several women dressed in white tank tops, Bowe repeatedly makes the case that a "white genocide" is occurring, citing immigration and forced assimilation of whites.
-
Unfortunately, I did not view the finished edit - my understanding of the project was not the reality of the completed product or the malice intentions of its creators. And while this action cannot be undone, I am working with all of my power to remove the content," she said. "I have prayed and mourned about this and I hope others can find the grace to hear my heart. I offer my most sincere apologies. Please know that I am TRULY sorry.
Bye sweetheart, may you be mocked forever for being such a piece of crap.

mo60

McCain lost NV by 13, WI by 14 , MI by 17 and PA by 10. Trump is going to do better than that if he loses by 8 or more?

If I recall the economic meltdown in 08 inflated the amount McCain lost by in some states.I think trump will lose almost all those states besides NV and MI by double digits right now.

I hate MSM.

Edit: Wow Kristen Powers calls spade and spade, and its a false equivalency. Silver Fox shook.

Teddy Roosevelt's insults towards Taft killed me

Owzers

THANK YOU KRISTEN POWERS

MARRY ME

Came here for this, though i don't know about the marriage thing. What the heck is Anderson doing, he's betraying my respect for him with his necessity to say "both sides". It's clearly not, don't be Chris Matthews Anderson.

Valhelm

contribute something
that hateful memes existed prior gamergate, Facebook has been full of them and they were already ingrained in European fringe politics.

Trump legitimized European style Far-Right fringe parties on this side of the Atlantic.
The Alt-Right haternet embraced Trump as their Alt-Right champion

There were tons of far-right Facebook memes during the 2012 election and before, but I think it was different. They weren't 4chan style at all, and were usually less bitter or sarcastic.

1274bc6b5fca3bb2e7b0371e94821734c9a87cfc3e37bca456c5a24bf929a6b9.jpg

I wouldn't call Pepe and Wojack alt-right icons, but the use of 4chan memes is inextricable from the alt-right. This really is a movement led by edgy young men, many of them still in high school. Most of the ones who don't post on 4chan find the memes on Facebook groups like this Neo-Nazi meme page, which has a pretty scary number of followers.

The alt-right is really a post-2012 phenomenon. The right-wing internet before Trump and Gamergate wasn't as young, angry, or openly prejudiced.

Came here for this, though i don't know about the marriage thing. What the heck is Anderson doing, he's betraying my respect for him with his necessity to say "both sides". It's clearly not, don't be Chris Matthews Anderson.

Seriously. That bit of reporting was yellow journalism and unbecoming of AC360. I dont know why Cooper let it run and allow himself to get corrected by her on the false-equivalency bullshit.

Iolo

Trump sticking to his original stance, "strong" and build the wall. No legalization, no amnesty.

Trump is most prone to make mistakes or lash out when he is receiving conflicting advice. And lo, that is what is happening now on immigration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4f5eb4-6ba1-11e6-ba32-5a4bf5aad4fa_story.html

Ten days after he appointed new campaign leadership, Donald Trump and many of his closest aides and allies remain divided on whether to adopt more mainstream stances or stick with the hard-line conservative positions at the core of his candidacy, according to people involved in the discussions.

Trump has been flooded with conflicting advice about where to land, with the tensions vividly illustrated this week as the GOP nominee publicly wrestled with himself on the details of his signature issue: immigration.

The conversations in recent days have featured voices from a range of Republican views, all jockeying to tilt the businessman’s politics in their direction, according to those involved. Trump tends to echo the words of whomever last spoke to him, making direct access to him even more valuable, the people said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to talk about internal campaign discussions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The whole point of doing it that way is to get her to say what she said.

It didn't create the alt-right, they were already around, but it organized them. Before Gamergate the alt-right wasn't nearly as organized as it is now.

There are 3 main wings of the Alt-right: the Neoreactionaries (basically anti-democracy/pro Fascism intellectuals, the Paleoconservative Bucannon Racist fuckholes and the 4chan reddit MRA memlords.

Gamergate brought in most of the memelords into the fold. The whole thing is solidifying around the concepts of cultural purity, the destruction of "The Cathedral" (intellectual, academic, PC culture) and isolationism.

Before Gamergate, Elevatorgate had a similar effect on the Atheist community and then you have the Sad Puppies shitting up Genre Fiction. These events will keep coming, each one adding more people to the movement unless we actively move to stop it.

Crayons

Banned
"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company" - Descartes

People who pretended to be fascists, racist neo nazis for shits and giggles eventually attracted actual fascists, racists and neo nazis.

Kinda sad honestly

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There are 3 main wings of the Alt-right: the Neoreactionaries (basically anti-democracy/pro Fascism intellectuals, the Paleoconservative Bucannon Racist fuckholes and the 4chan reddit MRA memlords.

Gamergate brought in most of the memelords into the fold. The whole thing is solidifying around the concepts of cultural purity, the destruction of "The Cathedral" (intellectual, academic, PC culture) and isolationism.

Before Gamergate, Elevatorgate had a similar effect on the Atheist community and then you have the Sad Puppies shitting up Genre Fiction. These events will keep coming, each one adding more people to the movement unless we actively move to stop it.

Oh fuck me, I remember reading about Sad Puppies. Fuck those guys.

Rachel is bae too.

I needed to give up on football and find something less depressing.

Like Hillary being called a bigot and someone using the word "c*cksucker"

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I thought you guys liked Chuck Godd

Like Silver, not enough love towards Clinton and hate towards Trump for this thread. :p

(See: Sanders, Bernie before and after DNC, or when Trump got sort of close and the usual crowd started hating Sanders again after feeling apologetic for being complete dickwads and assholes towards him through the end of the primary). Even the pollsters are liked (Wang) depending how consistently their models love Hillary.

There are days I think the RNC hired all the old DNC people that used to lose us elections. Not going to lie, campaigns like this make me wish I had gone to DC with the campaign. I at least hope the Dems are aware that they are probably not going to get this lucky in 2020.

Exception that proves the rule.

You know what sucks about having OCD? (Like, legit OCD, not OMG LOL I'M SOOO OCD)

The fact that the 5 yo panicked so much about Trump made me freak out, and then 538 is a mess. And then I'm diablosing like....well diablos....lol So stupid.

How is 538 a mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom