• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. The DNC stuff really turned her image around (the whole "she's the 2nd most hated person to run for prez" doesn't mean as much post-DNC when her numbers climbed). Made Tim Kaine into the Internet's dad too.

I made my parents watch the DNC, specifically Obama and Bill's speeches. They changed their tunes after that.
Going to try this. My sister is voting Clinton reluctantly (she was a Sanders supporter before), but didn't watch the DNC. So I'll see how she takes it. The DNC was definitely what made me enthusiastic as well.

I kinda have the opposite problem. I'm a Bernie turned Hillary supporter, but my in-laws are avid Drumpf supporters. I can't really get a straight answer out of them either as to why they support Drumpf. They end up using "Hillary bad" or "Muslims bad" arguments as as reasons, but I've never heard a positive reason as to why they support him.

My father in law voted for Clinton in '92 and in '96. I honestly think he made too many friends who listen to Rush and such.
D: I'm not surprised. A lot of people have clung to single issues that they base their entire view of either candidate on. But then again, to go from voting for Clinton twice to Trump? That's quite a dramatic jump.

Lol joy doesn't give a fuck.

I can't be trump went off an actual decent strategy with the Clinton Foundation to Hilary is a bigot. Even worse is that it was actually planned. It's now forced the media to move off a story they like (nebulous Clinton corruption) to something ridiculous that no one is going to give the time of day

Teggy

Benjy Sarlin made a comment about Gamergate on Joy's show. Predictably...

Jenkem B. Ladin @JenkemBLadin
@BenjySarlin "Gamergate" wasn't about white people mad about women and minorities being in video games. Get your facts straight.

Benjy Sarlin ‏@BenjySarlin 5m5 minutes ago
Benjy Sarlin Retweeted Jenkem B. Ladin
Sorry, it was about ethics in gaming journalism

lol

fauxtrot

Banned
I've said it in the other thread, but I feel like it bears repeating... I'm willing to bet Trump's doc (AKA real-life Dr. Spaceman) will be at risk of losing his license or serving jail time by the end of the year. Now that he's out there, journalists are going to start digging.

Speaking of which, some of you might be asking yourself "How is this just now becoming a thing?" ... a page from that big binder of oppo research will get torn out and used for every similar piece of bullshit that gets lobbed at Hillary from here until November. It's going to be glorious.

In regards to Hillary, she does? I've really only heard the equal pay for equal work line, but I'm definitely open to learning more about her platform!
It's a combination of making salary discussion a right, a pay fairness act, encouraging women to pursue stem fields, giving parental leave to all Americans, increasing access to education across the country. It's a very holistic approach.

Holy shit at how AC360 started off with the bannon domestic violence charge
And brought up that you can't by definition rape your own spouse quote

johnsmith

remember me
Ethics in game journalism is not actually something GG believes in.

tumblr_inline_ne3zfxTIP51s460h4.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They gotta talk slow and clear to this Trump lady whose name I can't remember the spelling of. They're literally talking to her like a child.

Joeytj

Banned
Just took a peek at the Robert Byrd trend on Facebook.

A lot of these people really are stupid, aren't they? "Hillary says former KKK clansman was her mentor".

The vast majority of the people sharing the news are white Trump supporters that suddenly care a lot about blacks. "Even Obama delivered a eulogy at his funeral!"

Crayons

Banned
I literally have no idea what GamerGate really was and I don't want to know at this point.
It's about ethics in games journalism.

Actually, when this whole scandal was going on I wasn't paying attention to the gaming world. And I'm still not. Why play video games when I can read Trumps tweets?

Piecake

For all you bed-wetters out there worried about more republican voters registering than democrat voters check out this podcast

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/nerdcast-2016-the-rise-of-the-alt-right-227440

and go to the 35:55 mark

Basically, the guys point is that registration trends in the Eastern half of the United States somewhat reflect the time before the Republican Southern Strategy.

When we see new republican registration we are likely not seeing new Republican voters, but just new Republican primary voters who wanted to vote for Trump.

This is also born out by trends in the Western states. Republican registered voters aren't leading democrats, likely because the Southern Strategy didnt impact these states.

I literally have no idea what GamerGate really was and I don't want to know at this point.
Started out as an accusation against an indie game dev sleeping around for favorable coverage of her games (later proven as bogus rumors started by a jilted ex), devolved into full-blown harassment campaign against women and feminists in the industry and in general.

Joeytj

Banned
For all you bed-wetters out there worried about more republican voters registering than democrat voters check out this podcast

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/nerdcast-2016-the-rise-of-the-alt-right-227440

and go to the 35:55 mark

Basically, the guys point is that registration trends in the Eastern half of the United States somewhat reflect the time before the Republican Southern Strategy.

When we see new republican registration we are likely not seeing new Republican voters, but just new Republican primary voters who wanted to vote for Trump.

This is also born out by trends in the Western states. Republican registered voters aren't leading democrats, likely because the Southern Strategy didnt impact these states.

FiveThirtyEight addressed this too. They aren't truly NEW Republican voters, just registered Democrats who have already been voting for Republicans for years and finally decided to switch registration in order to vote for Trump. It's the Democrats who have truly registered the most new voters.

They point to the fact that most of the growth of new registered Republicans comes from counties Obama lost overwhelmingly to Romney anyway, but where Democrats still had a registration advantage.

It's what happened to Leslie Jones, only with women in gaming.

It's the alt-right movement if the only thing the alt-right cared about was video games.

Part of me understands people not giving it the time of day, but a bigger part of me says we have a collective responsibility to be aware of and speak out against the movement. If only out of respect of and in solidarity with its victims.

Because even though "it's over," people's lives were severely impacted and a great deal of suffering was placed on content creators because they were, basically, women with a point of view.

If you ever meet a GGer, just run them over with your car. I think that's a reasonable path of least resistance at this point.

Started out as an accusation against an indie game dev sleeping around for favorable coverage of her games (later proven as bogus rumors started by a jilted ex), devolved into full-blown harassment campaign against women and feminists in the industry and in general.

That sounds gross as fuck.

Hijacked by alt-right too, dont forget that.

Crayons

Banned
It's what happened to Leslie Jones, only with women in gaming.

It's the alt-right movement if the only thing the alt-right cared about was video games.

Part of me understands people not giving it the time of day, but a bigger part of me says we have a collective responsibility to be aware of and speak out against the movement. If only out of respect of and in solidarity with its victims.

Because even though "it's over," people's lives were severely impacted and a great deal of suffering was placed on content creators because they were, basically, women with a point of view.

If you ever meet a GGer, just run them over with your car. I think that's a reasonable path of least resistance at this point.
It's literally shit like this that has made me ashamed of playing video games

Valhelm

contribute something
Hijacked by alt-right too, dont forget that.

I think Gamergate created the alt-right tbh

Its success brought tons of anti-feminists out of the wood-work, and was a defining event in the growth of 4chan's /pol/ board along with the rightward shift of Reddit

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Gamergate created the alt-right tbh

Its success brought tons of anti-feminists out of the wood-work, and was a defining event in the growth of 4chan's /pol/ board along with the rightward shift of Reddit

It didn't create the alt-right, they were already around, but it organized them. Before Gamergate the alt-right wasn't nearly as organized as it is now.

I think Virginia would have easily gone blue even without Kaine but he certainly helps in some ways. The bigger story to me is how poorly Trump is doing in white suburbs, and suburbs around the country. There are a lot of white suburban women who would have likely voted for Rubio or Kasich who are simply not supporting Trump, in state after state. It's crippling his campaign and ensures he will do far worse than Romney just about everywhere.

I'm amazed that the RNC is looking at these numbers and hasn't shifted resources+full defense of vulnerable senators and House members. How many times can you say "this is the last time" yet not break up with this monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom