• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Me any time one of these Trump supporter invokes MLK.

tumblr_nvbz9i3jiJ1uhzr8do1_500.gif

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Robert Byrd? Lol these clowns

Would be nice if people pointed out that he denounced his previous support for the KKK and spent the rest of his life fighting for Civil Righs. He's voted to reauthorize the Voting Rights Act, something not a single Republican would do today.

@daveweigel 36m36 minutes ago
Gary Johnson to Union Leader: "If it's the zombie apocalypse, and herd immunity exists, as president I'm going to order a mass vaccination."

#strongleadership

watershed

Banned
I feel like this was her best speech of the campaign. At least right there with the South Carolina primary speech.

Eh, for me the points were good but it's not the kind of speech that I would consider good or great oratory. It was methodical and strong but nothing soared and her delivery was worse than it has been in the past, maybe because its not the kind of speech that inspires.

Emarv

Would be nice if people pointed out that he denounced his previous support for the KKK and spent the rest of his life fighting for Civil Righs. He's voted to reauthorize the Voting Rights Act, something not a single Republican would do today.

They do mention that. They mentioned it to her last night on Anderson Cooper, twice. Doesn't stop her from saying it each and every segment.

It's the Trump strategy. Keeping saying lies over and over that the people will eventually get tired of fact checking you.

Syncytia

@daveweigel 36m36 minutes ago
Gary Johnson to Union Leader: "If it's the zombie apocalypse, and herd immunity exists, as president I'm going to order a mass vaccination."

#strongleadership

He....doesn't think herd immunity is a thing? As a microbiology and public health guy... ugh. Besides the multitude of issues regarding ordering a mass vaccination.

PBY

Banned
Eh, for me the points were good but it's not the kind of speech that I would consider good or great oratory. It was methodical and strong but nothing soared and her delivery was worse than it has been in the past, maybe because its not the kind of speech that inspires.
I may be in the minority here - but she sucks at soaring language imho. This is her wheelhouse.

This Minnesota ballot thing seems like it might have legs:

@mbrodkorb
UPDATE: #MNGOP alternate elector - Jeffrey Williams - just told me he was APPOINTED in last few days, not elected ->

I notice this post makes no mention of all the starving children around the world. Decent post, but you really must try harder.

I think it was a missed opportunity to highlight those serious issues during her speech in front of constituents rather than pretend diversity dominanated and wasn't being offset.

Future of Times-CBS News poll is up in the air

The future of The New York Times–CBS News poll, one of America's oldest and most influential public opinion polls, is up in the air.

At issue is the departure, after the 2016 election, of the Times' remaining veteran pollsters who worked with CBS. Two of them, Megan Thee-Brenan and Dalia Sussman, recently took voluntary buyout packages and will leave the Times at the end of the year. Another, former polling director Marjorie Connelly, who had worked in the unit for more than 20 years, took a buyout in 2014. CBS has indicated privately, according to a source familiar with the matter, that it is only interested in working with experienced, traditional pollsters at the Times.

Sources said CBS and the Times have not had any formal conversations about dissolving the 41-year-old partnership, which was the first such collaboration between two major U.S. news organizations. But there is growing speculation that they will go their separate ways after the election.

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, CBS polling director Sarah Dutton did not have a comment. Times spokeswoman Eileen Murphy said, "We remain committed, as we have always been, to high quality public opinion research and it's something that is being considered as we work on envisioning our future newsroom."

With the surge in cell phone usage and the increasing obsolescence of landlines in recent years, telephone polls, which are considered more reliable than web-based polls, have become more costly and time-consuming to conduct. At the same time, newsroom budgets have come under pressure due to the digital-media transition that has disrupted newspapers and television networks alike.

Created in 1976, the NYT–CBS operation is considered one of the gold-standard media polls, along with two other TV-newspaper polling partnerships: The Washington Post-ABC News poll and The Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll. Those three polls, along with CNN and Fox News, are the ones being used by the Commission on Presidential Debates to determine inclusion in the general election face-offs this fall.

The Times is under significant pressure to find cost savings and has also been conducting a strategic review of its newsroom. The polling unit has already seen changes over the past few years. It contracted out its call center in 2013 and had a short-lived merger with the Times' data-journalism operation, The Upshot, that didn't work out due to friction between the two teams.

LAME!

watershed

Banned
I may be in the minority here - but she sucks at soaring language imho. This is her wheelhouse.

She has had some great speeches with a hopeful message and soaring oratory. Her North Carolina speech is one such example.

This speech is different because it's intent and structure is different. It's more point by point. It wasn't a bad speech, I just wouldn't categorize it as one of her best speeches or good oratory. It's more functional than aesthetic and deals with ugly ideas rather than a hopeful vision.

Emarv

Jeb needs to keep speaking out. He and Romney should just hold weekly TV interviews.
“I can’t comment on his views, because his views are… they seem to be ever, ever-changing, depending on what crowd he’s in front of. Sounds like a typical politician, by the way, where you get in front of one crowd and say one thing, and then say something else to another crowd that may want to hear a different view. All the things that Donald Trump railed against, he seems to be morphing into — it’s kind of disturbing.”

“He doesn’t believe in things, this is all a game,” added Bush.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkacz...ration-shift?utm_term=.kyYVOMY6m3#.omBrqjeaLP

It's the reason why my buzz gets knocked a bit when she busts out those "GOD BLESS EVERYONE, and GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA" type of moments. Luckily, there was actually very little of that, and just cold, hard facts, delivered by a goddamn adult.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
They do mention that. They mentioned it to her last night on Anderson Cooper, twice. Doesn't stop her from saying it each and every segment.

It's the Trump strategy. Keeping saying lies over and over that the people will eventually get tired of fact checking you.

Well, good on them for at least trying.

Exactly. That's not her manner of speechifying. This is her shit. A methodical and rational take down of something. Rhetoric that applies only to emotions is not the way to present this information.

PBY

Banned
Exactly. That's not her manner of speechifying. This is her shit. A methodical and rational take down of something. Rhetoric that applies only to emotions is not the way to present this information.
Yup. You know those scenes in movies where a dude is like planning out 18 karate moves in his head in advance, and then does a methodical slow-mo/super-speed takedown breaking bones and shit? That was this.

When I see these charts, I'm like, I could fly through that and be safe at all times.

EyHngpr.png

Well done.

So, I wonder what the alt right people are saying right now. On one hand, they all just got called out. On the other, they've made the big time.

EDIT: So I see they've gone all in.

The airheads on CNN are stupid really. Including Wolf. Only Brianna Keilor, AC and Lemon push back and have facts on hand. She probably didnt even know who Byrd is.

Revolver

It's the reason why my buzz gets knocked a bit when she busts out those "GOD BLESS EVERYONE, and GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA" type of moments. Luckily, there was actually very little of that, and just cold, hard facts, delivered by a goddamn adult.

Yeah that's when I feel she's at her best. It was especially refreshing after that bellowing drunk uncle Trump speech.

Joeytj

Banned

Exactly. In fact, she can scream all she wants as long as she is talking about policy, methodically and debating. That's when she really sounds genuine and people pay attention to her.

It's better if she doesn't scream though.

Yup. You know those scenes in movies where a dude is like planning out 18 karate moves in his head in advance, and then does a methodical slow-mo/super-speed takedown breaking bones and shit? That was this.

It's one of the reasons she's so fucking dangerous in a debate. Because this is how her brain works. Soaring rhetoric...no.

Emarv

Kayleigh on CNN: "If my candidate is a racist, why did they go to his wedding?"

lol, great argument, Kayleigh.

Teggy

The most embarrassing thing coming from the Trump supporters was, "well I didn't hear any policy in that speech." Yeah, maybe if your candidate has no actual policy maybe that's a problem.

Syncytia

The fact that Kingston never closes his mouth bothers me a lot. His mouth is always half open, and the way his head tilts bothers me too.

Revolver

I need to rewatch the speech later, but I could have sworn some guy in the crowd yelled out "Pepe!" when she started talking about the alt-right. Maybe I was just hearing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom