• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

How would you even do a soaring for speech on this subject?

Hillary's point-by-point take down was perfect here. Drive home that Trump making racism and white nationalism a central focus of his campaign is not a matter of rhetoric. It's fact.

How would you even do a soaring for speech on this subject?

Hillary's point-by-point take down was perfect here. Drive home that Trump making racism and white nationalism a central focus of his campaign is not a matter of rhetoric. It's fact.

Plus, it's counter productive. This speech didn't exist for the people in the room or for you and I at home who would watch her read the phone book.

She just gave the media a ton of things to cover and talk about.

So, on one hand, you have Trump saying "She's a bigot" with nothing to back it up.

On the other hand, Hillary just gave the media the right and directive to bring up the housing lawsuits, the Breitbart hires, the Putin connections, the judge rhetoric.

A speech like this, especially coming from a non-person of color, must be grounded in facts. That's what she did, and it was a damn good take down.

studyguy

Hold up hold up, this is the perfect time for the introduction of Milo Y's attempt to disconnect Alt-Right fringe supporters from Neo-Nazism and general white supremacy with a long, thoughtful piece that once and for all proves they're not the monster they're made out to be.

He really lays that foundation that proves that they're not awf... lel

Only to be met by a long and thoughtful response that actually confirms, no actually... we're totally racist as fuck, thanks and fuck off.

The better summation that doesn't involve visiting each garbage site is here though.
Enjoy.

Anglin also points out that Milo et al largely ignore the rampant anti-Semitism of the alt-right, a fact that is as remarkable as it is telling. As anyone who’s ever waded into an alt-righty hashtag on Twitter can tell you, these guys won’t shut up about Jews.

As Anglin sees it, “stopping [the] Jews” is the fundamental goal of most serious alt-righters, so much so that he feels the need to warn his readers to

eware of anyone who isn’t talking constantly about Jews. They are probably up to something. They are at best useless. Any attempt to downplay the Jew role in the destruction of Western civilization should be looked at as subversion.

This Breitbart article is the first large-scale attempt to co-opt the movement and remove the Jews. I expect Breitbart to do follow-ups, pushing this same narrative. Probably, they’ve been awarded this task by other Jews.

Syncytia

Kingston: (paraphrased) "But what about the economy! But what about donations to charity!"

I love that everything they try to throw at Clinton is disputable, and there's always something about Trump you can throw back.

Hillary accepted donations from foreign countries? Well, not exactly. The Clinton Foundation accepted those donations. It's not like they send every donors name with a dollar amount to Hillary and she decides to accept or deny their donation.

But what about Trumps charity donations? How many times has he claimed he will donate millions of dollars to x group, only to be found to donate much less or never at all?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6m6 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton's short speech is pandering to the worst instincts in our society. She should be ashamed of herself!

Um....

The one true ban that we actually need is banning Republicans from bringing up Martin Luther King Jr. ever again. FFS.

beQgVn9.jpg

And, btw, here's another example of why Hillary's campaign is smart.

Trump and his surrogates are throwing ANYTHING they have out there to deflect from this. They have no answer, but they're going to fucking say it over and over and over.

Low energy. Small, tiny speech. People tell me, and by the way, these are great, great people, you'd love them folks believe me. People tell me that I give big, huge speeches. Just like my hands. So many people, so many people are attending my rallies but just look at Crooked Hillary's rallies. Few people, very little people in a small room. I've heard some people tell me that a lot of those people are paid shills. But I don't know. You tell me.

Dude your entire campaign is pandering to the worst instincts in our society.

Hillary gave their entire team a rope and dared them to try to find a way not to hang themselves with it.

HylianTom

Banned
From here until Labor Day, we'll see a parade of repulsive alt-righters on TV and in the press, chomping at the chance to respond to this. She's trying to get the main GOP to decouple from Trump's campaign.. the timing and the method are impressive.

royalan

Plus, it's counter productive. This speech didn't exist for the people in the room or for you and I at home who would watch her read the phone book.

She just gave the media a ton of things to cover and talk about.

So, on one hand, you have Trump saying "She's a bigot" with nothing to back it up.

On the other hand, Hillary just gave the media the right and directive to bring up the housing lawsuits, the Breitbart hires, the Putin connections, the judge rhetoric.

A speech like this, especially coming from a non-person of color, must be grounded in facts. That's what she did, and it was a damn good take down.

Completely agreed.

I was saying to a coworker that I was watching the speech with that this is one of the most headline focused speeches Hillary's given. It's like she was pointing at the media and going, "HERE YOU GO! EVERYONE GETS AN ARTICLE!"

Debirudog

From here until Labor Day, we'll see a parade of repulsive alt-righters on TV and in the press, chomping at the chance to respond to this. She's trying to get the main GOP to decouple from Trump's campaign.. the timing and the method are impressive.

I think people were doubting the campaign again and saying she needed to attack Trump already. She's really playing the long game. Focused and methodical.

Exactly. This has Daddy Mook's hands all over it. It's perfect. A few days ago and it would have been lost in the noise. Now, it's something for the media to run with...especially since this is Trump's attempt to appeal to minorities (which he's totally not). Now, it looks even more stupid. IT's soooooooo good.

Joeytj

Banned
This is brilliant. Now the alt-Right and Trump will come out and try to defend themselves, only to prove Hillary's point.

CNN was just a hot mess for a good three minutes there. Had like 5 people talking over each other. I couldn't make out who it was, but someone kept asking why they were on CNN if they didn't like the network.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6m6 minutes ago
Hillary Clinton's short speech is pandering to the worst instincts in our society. She should be ashamed of herself!

Um....

LMAO Hillary of all people is pandering to our worst instincts, but you're the angel that does none of that despite your incitation of violence, aggression and overall negative view of humanity with the need to arm ourselves for protection.

Unbelievable. I LOATHE this man. Cognitive dissonance amongst him and his supporters. Straight up lying and treating us like idiots. I... I... I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom