• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that live was a real downer. After having to listen to CNN this week and seeing them visibly upset she didn't tell them she was sick, while at the same time ending every Trump segment effectively throwing their hands in the air and laughing, she will never be able to win with them. I don't blame her for not wanting to try.

Hilary puts out a book on policy, I give it an hour before another anchor complains that this election is not about policy.

I don't think there was any question that her first line of questions was not going to be kind.

I move we go to bed-wetting or anything other than diablosing. It's cute when the person in question enjoys being in on the joke, but when the person has specifically said "why don't we not"....let's not.

Tarkus

I'm more dontbethatguying about The Last Guardian's impressions to be honest. It's been a really stressful week. Only FFXV can save me.
It's sounds like garbage tbh and very kids game-ish. I personally have never understood the buzz about this game.

Tapper is actually a good journalist (more so like Cooper). He doesnt fart around, and has been very tough with Trump people. But as Obama said, Trump's rapidfire of shitbombs makes it hard for journalists to manage. The conference was a quick call to bookend Pneumoniaghazi and it got the job done

It's sounds like garbage tbh and very kids game-ish. I personally have never understood the buzz about this game.
I dont mind kiddie gamish. I mean all of Trico games had that feel. But gnarly controls was my big complain from SoTC and it looks like its worse here.

okay fuck it this needs to stop

https://t.co/zZC0oPk8SV

CsbEHaNWAAAwZAo.jpg:large

sphagnum

Banned
This isn't really related to anything but it's more interesting than the polls, and I'm posting it on the vague possibility that someone in the alt right probably believes it and therefore it's sort of relevant. But mostly I stumbled onto this and find it funny.

Serrano termed his philosophy Esoteric Hitlerism, which he has described as a new religious faith “able to change the materialistic man of today into a new idealistic hero”, and also as “much more than a religion: It is a way to transmute a hero into God.”

In 1984 he published his 643-page tome, Adolf Hitler, el Último Avatãra (Adolf Hitler: The Last Avatar), which is dedicated “To the glory of the Führer, Adolf Hitler”. In this arcane work Serrano unfolds his ultimate philosophical testament through elaborate esoteric and mythological symbolism.[11][12] He insists that there has been a vast historical conspiracy to conceal the origins of evolved humankind. Serrano’s epic vista opens with extragalactic beings who founded the First Hyperborea, a terrestrial but nonphysical realm which was neither geographically limited nor bound by the circles of reincarnation. The Hyperboreans were asexual and reproduced through “plasmic emanations” from their ethereal bodies; the Vril power was theirs to command, the light of the Black Sun coursed through their veins and they saw with the Third Eye. Serrano contends that the last documents relating to them were destroyed along with the Alexandrian Library, and that latterly these beings have been misunderstood as extraterrestrials arriving in spaceships or UFOs. However, the First Hyperborea was immaterial and altogether outside our mechanistic universe.[13][14]

The latter is under the jurisdiction of the Demiurge, an inferior godlet whose realm is the physical planet earth. The Demiurge had created a bestial imitation of humanity in the form of proto-human “robots” like Neanderthal Man, and intentionally consigned his creatures to an endless cycle of involuntary reincarnation on the earthly plane to no higher purpose. The Hyperboreans recoiled in horror from this entrapment within the Demiurge’s cycles. They themselves take the devayana, the Way of the Gods, at death and return to the earth (as Bodhisattvas) only if they are willing.[14][15]

Determined upon a heroic war to reclaim the Demiurge’s deteriorating world, the Hyperboreans clothed themselves in material bodies and descended on to the Second Hyperborea, a ring-shaped continent around the North Pole. During this Golden Age or Satya Yuga, they magnanimously instructed the Demiurge’s creations (the Black, Yellow and Red races native to the planet) and began to raise them above their animal condition.[15][16] Then disaster struck; some of the Hyperboreans rebelled and intermingled their blood with the creatures of the Demiurge, and through this transgression Paradise was lost. Serrano refers to Genesis 6.4: “the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them”. By diluting the divine blood, the primordial miscegenation accelerated the process of material decay. This was reflected in outward catastrophes and the North and South Poles reversed positions as a result of the fall of a comet or moon. The polar continent disappeared beneath the deluge and Hyperborea became invisible again.[15][16] The Hyperboreans themselves survived, some taking refuge at the South Pole. Serrano regards the mysterious appearance of the fine and artistic Cro-Magnon Man in Europe as evidence of Hyperboreans driven southward by the Ice Age.[15][16] In the then-fertile Gobi Desert, another group of exiled Hyperboreans established a fantastic civilization.[15]

The world thus becomes the combat zone between the dwindling Hyperboreans and the Demiurge and his forces of entropy.[15] But Serrano claims that the Golden Age can be reattained if the Hyperboreans’ descendants, the Aryans, consciously repurify their blood to restore the divine blood-memory:[17]

“There is nothing more mysterious than blood. Paracelsus considered it a condensation of light. I believe that the Aryan, Hyperborean blood is that – but not the light of the Golden Sun, not of a galactic sun, but of the light of the Black Sun, of the Green Ray.”[18]

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The media bias in this election is total BS. I'm starting to think there is money involved here. It is beyond frustrating.
I don't think it's nearly as sinister as that. We're just seeing that particularly the TV news media would rather obsess and whine over inane stuff because it's easy. Why confront the difficult truths of Trump's campaign when you can cover Hillary getting sick or some super inside baseball nonsense of pressers? It's also a bit of smarm, focusing on the messaging to avoid discussing the substance.

Emarv

Yeah, she's hit Trump enough. We get it. You're not Trump. She needs to make the case for herself and her policies.

I largely agree. The DNC worked so well because it pitched a "Kumbaya, We can do it all together, America is great" narrative really hard and contrasted it with Trump.

Trump is defined and as low as he can go. The media can't bury him. Her motto needs to be "We they go low, we go high". She has to pitch that lovey dovey narrative to independents and millenials all the way until November.

I don't think it's nearly as sinister as that. We're just seeing that particularly the TV news media would rather obsess and whine over inane stuff because it's easy. Why confront the difficult truths of Trump's campaign when you can cover Hillary getting sick or some super inside baseball nonsense of pressers? It's also a bit of smarm, focusing on the messaging to avoid discussing the substance.

I think it could be even simpler. If Trump = ratings, wouldn't you want to have 8 years of Trump to get so many incredible headlines?
Even if one of them is "Trump starts WW3"

PBY

Banned
WAT.

I can't take 538 seriously anymore.

guys stahp

trust the polls

I never see a dissection of the positive polls in this manner, the aggregates will bear out the truth. Also, the AP, 538 and the NYT are still credible, serious sources, regardless of certain items you could point to as discreet failures.

Bowdz

I largely agree. The DNC worked so well because it pitched a "Kumbaya, We can do it all together, America is great" narrative really hard and contrasted it with Trump.

Trump is defined and as low as he can go. The media can't bury him. Her motto needs to be "We they go low, we go high". She has to pitch that lovey dovey narrative to independents and millenials all the way until November.

Yep.

Leave it to FLOTUS to sum up the election strategy PERFECTLY. The Obamas really are too good for us as a country.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I did not. I was away from gaming at that period in time.

You missed nothing. Clunky, arthouse mess.

I so wish Obama could have 4 more years. He'd win in a landslide.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
You take that back. Ban Plinko.

What? It is absolutely clunky, and it is made like an artsy game. I see why some people like it, though. Just wasn't my thing. Not a fan of riding with nothing to do for minutes on end. Seemed like padding, and that bothered me.

guys stahp

trust the polls

I never see a dissection of the positive polls in this manner, the aggregates will bear out the truth. Also, the AP, 538 and the NYT are still credible, serious sources, regardless of certain items you could point to as discreet failures.

Trust the polls? There's too much volatility, and crappy pollster.
"Averages will fix everything" is such a simplistic and dumbed down answer.

Not sure it was wise of Nate to include a landline only poll as the heaviest weight in his model for Colorado.

That's ridiculous.

He should be cutting landline polls completely out of his model, not giving them the heaviest weight.

I never see a dissection of the positive polls in this manner

We spent three pages this morning trying to figure out what was "wrong" with that Texas poll.

Tapper is actually a good journalist (more so like Cooper). He doesnt fart around, and has been very tough with Trump people. But as Obama said, Trump's rapidfire of shitbombs makes it hard for journalists to manage. The conference was a quick call to bookend Pneumoniaghazi and it got the job done

I prefer "Lunghazi."

What? It is absolutely clunky, and it is made like an artsy game. I see why some people like it, though. Just wasn't my thing. Not a fan of riding with nothing to do for minutes on end. Seemed like padding, and that bothered me.
You missed the point. I take it you think Journey is an arthouse mess too? In any case, Ueda games are more about the feels.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think it could be even simpler. If Trump = ratings, wouldn't you want to have 8 years of Trump to get so many incredible headlines?
Even if one of them is "Trump starts WW3"
I definitely don't think that's true for individual journalists. Even when it comes to the corporate overlords, they should be worried about Trump's stated interest in finding ways to punish them for unwanted coverage.

Bowdz

Where's the oppo research on Trump? Dump it all already.

There is no major oppo research that'll bring Trump down. The media is not going to treat these candidates fairly. Per Plouffe, it's all about energizing and turning out the Obama coalition now. If she brings home all of the people who were on board in August and have since fled to third parties, she'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom